Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

omg just barely beat palace 3 in one night, so fun. i think if i died once more i woulda gave up right near the end

Same, it was really tough finishing it in 1 day but drat it felt good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

omg just barely beat palace 3 in one night, so fun. i think if i died once more i woulda gave up right near the end

It was very satisfying to do palace 3 in one night. I felt like a badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I spoiled myself on the reward for the shogi girl confidant and now I'm furiously grinding Charm so I can put the moves on her in church

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm nearing the end about 100 hours in and I just want the game to be over. Everything about it is insanely good, but everything is also slightly too long.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The level 10 reward for the twins is nuts

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

brainwrinkle posted:

I'm nearing the end about 100 hours in and I just want the game to be over. Everything about it is insanely good, but everything is also slightly too long.

Lol if you havent dumped 200 hoirs into p3 p4 nocturne smt4 smt4a and dds 1-2 before this one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palace 4 had a cool boss. Feels good to be back with the Phantom Thieves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

brainwrinkle posted:

Im probably going to start a NG+ right when I finish this.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lol if you havent dumped 200 hoirs into p3 p4 nocturne smt4 smt4a and dds 1-2 before this one

Yes, yes, yes, yes, not yet, and maybe sometime

The endgame is too easy with the top tier personas. More power to the people that will NG+ it though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Im probably going to start a NG+ right when I finish this.

ive been thinking i want to do this this the whole time, but also it makes me want to play 50 other games, it just makes me excited about gaming

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

brainwrinkle posted:

The endgame is too easy with the top tier personas.

thats every persona game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i will never get tired of mishima owning himself every time he shows up

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I barely beat the first dungeon lol

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

"More or less."

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

brainwrinkle posted:

have you tried not playing 100 hours in 2 weeks?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

finally got this, finally got to sink 20 hours in, better than I hoped

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

~gaming in the abe years~

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I loving love the group chat threads in this game; Yusuke and Futaba make them into the funniest content in the series so far.

Makoto is best girl tho, she has the deeper arc that stretches throughout the game and does some of the most badass poo poo of anyone.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Neeksy posted:

I loving love the group chat threads in this game; Yusuke and Futaba make them into the funniest content in the series so far.

Makoto is best girl tho, she has the deeper arc that stretches throughout the game and does some of the most badass poo poo of anyone.

yusuke's messages remind me so much of a canadian dude i used to work with with its scary

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The change to the Take Your Time logo during the Sept. School trip was a nice touch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zas posted:

~gaming in the abe years~

Yeah this whole game feels like "gently caress the japanese government" in a waaaaaay more direct way than I've ever seen a Japanese game be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

yusuke's messages remind me so much of a canadian dude i used to work with with its scary

Idk if you're there yet but he has a text message bit before the 4th dungeon that was the funniest thing I've seen in the game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

Idk if you're there yet but he has a text message bit before the 4th dungeon that was the funniest thing I've seen in the game

which one?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
futabas goggles can see how to turn an ambush into an all out attack, but can she see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

when he texts back about his research

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thinking about Persona 5

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

when he texts back about his research

thats specifically what sent me over the edge about the canadian dude lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

its criminal imo that lady escargot is not a confidant instead of the dumb reporter lady

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reporter lady's bonuses are whack too. I only hang out with her for the charm bonuses

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just got to the 4th dungeon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Reporter lady's bonuses are whack too. I only hang out with her for the charm bonuses

The politician guy gives charm too

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just got to the 4th dungeon

just spent 2 hours in mementos and now im headed there tomorrow :cheers:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I usually let the story play out with the dungeon first time, then clear out mementos and do the dungeon for real the following day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The politician guy gives charm too

I'm in middle august and I still haven't even started his S.Link, oops

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wish it was easier to tell how many points you need to rank up a social stat but I guess part of the fun is just trying until it does. I've been trying to grind up Charm so I can talk to the shogi girl, I'm gonna be one suave motherfucker by the end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I usually let the story play out with the dungeon first time, then clear out mementos and do the dungeon for real the following day

I usually do the story dungeon stuff, then if I need lockpicks I'll spend a night crafting and do the dungeon the following day.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

music in 4th dungeon is ftmfw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm in middle august and I still haven't even started his S.Link, oops

His level 10 skill is badass

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious loyall X posted:

His level 10 skill is badass

yea it's really good, his was my first lvl 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i can't get charm to level 5 to make matoko notice me, I am concerned that the arrest event will strip the potential away from me

• Locked thread