Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
My most satisfying kills are superman head punches during the weapon scramble, especially if they're in the process of picking up a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I always quickly grab ammo as they pick up the gun, ensuring I can whoop their rear end!

"Bitch I don't need a gun! I'll throw bullets at you!"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A little bit of teamwork resulted in something magical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3kny2tGyAw

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Songbearer posted:

This video absolutely delivers.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Songbearer posted:

lol this owns

also my buddy plays yakkity sax in the global voice chat whenever we drive somewhere

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So I killed a bunch of dudes, but I don't even feel good about it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136108290

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

you're a liar

gg

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Kingbaby loves shotguns so much he had a literal shotgun-boner

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this game is silly fun.

had a round where halfway through all doors disappeared on my screen, i could shoot threw them as if they weren't there, and apparently the door themselves wouldn't get damaged on other peoples screens but I couldn't use them, and they still counted as a barriers for me. ended up killing 2 people who probably thought i was hacking because of it. luckily one of them opened the door out before they died :)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Wait am I missing something here or do the guns fire much more accurately than it seems when firing from the hip? Do you never ADS?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
You guys weren't kidding about the 'hole down and wait' tactic, yesterday I parachuted slightly off the path of the plane, looted a town and noticed it was spot in the middle of the zone, decided to hole up in a tower, I basically just waited for a few minutes until the zone shrunk. All of a sudden the town comes to life, there were like 4/5 players just camped & hidden in the same town doing nothing for the entire match.

I mean, at least I got 9th place without doing anything but I do think that the zone restriction system perhaps needs some tweaking.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Knifegrab posted:

Wait am I missing something here or do the guns fire much more accurately than it seems when firing from the hip? Do you never ADS?

The way you aim hardly matters, it's all about rounds down range.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Also just to sperg a little bit, this game doesn't have hip fire, you either aim-down-sights or you don't but the rifle is always shouldered when you fire.

I don't know what goes down mechanically in the game but if it copies ARMA then it means that the rifle still shoots down the middle of the screen with almost perfect accuracy (ignoring sway, recoil and the fact that the parallax is different between your camera and the sights), from a 10-20 meter range it's probably better to fire without sights as it gives you a better FOV, saves time and allows you to move faster.

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

M16 burst is crazy deadly up close. It shreds people in seconds, it's wonderful.

After like 6 rounds of second place I finally got my first solo win tonight. I've always been going shotgun when it's down to the last few people but decided to try out the M16 on burst. The guy ran up to the tree I was hiding behind and I popped out and wrecked him in a couple bursts.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You guys weren't kidding about the 'hole down and wait' tactic, yesterday I parachuted slightly off the path of the plane, looted a town and noticed it was spot in the middle of the zone, decided to hole up in a tower, I basically just waited for a few minutes until the zone shrunk. All of a sudden the town comes to life, there were like 4/5 players just camped & hidden in the same town doing nothing for the entire match.

I mean, at least I got 9th place without doing anything but I do think that the zone restriction system perhaps needs some tweaking.

Eh, it's a risk/reward thing. If you land in the middle of the circle and camp there, chances are you're not going to have the best loot, while those people who have spent the game scavenging and killing are going to be decked out. Of course, I'd still rather have the good position than the good loot, but for every time you get lucky with the circle's positioning there's going to be a time that it fucks you and you're forced to run across an open field.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7zBBePbU4

The hungry buggies circle their prey, waiting for their next meal; blood on their mind, but frightened away by the bigger dominate king jeep.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Had fun playing with Crutt and some other people tonight. On the first game we were the #3 team, second game we got slaughtered in a town.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Tres Burritos posted:

Had fun playing with Crutt and some other people tonight. On the first game we were the #3 team, second game we got slaughtered in a town.

That sounds like this game yeah

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Athanatos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7zBBePbU4

The hungry buggies circle their prey, waiting for their next meal; blood on their mind, but frightened away by the bigger dominate king jeep.

nice video

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ump is top tier as gently caress

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ump is fantastic for closerange especially hippity hoppitying around 10/10

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i like the micro uzi for close range more, especially with extended mag.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah I think the micro uzi has the fastest TTK of any gun when spraying up close probably, besides shotgun 1-shots. Though if you get headshots basically doesn't matter what gun.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

For those that have played both, how does this compare to Survival mode in The Division? I never played H1Z1 or DayZ or any of that but I love that mode in The Division, shallow as it was.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Anybody had issues/got a fix for mic usage? I've checked that my mic is default device, bound push-to-talk to N and checked that I'm broadcasting to the right channel but push-to-talk does nothing. Also I have checked that my voice chat is not muted. I can't see any other options in the game to set up or test mic.

Any thoughts? I just want to be able to solo queue into a squad game and talk to my team mates.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Admiral Joeslop posted:

For those that have played both, how does this compare to Survival mode in The Division? I never played H1Z1 or DayZ or any of that but I love that mode in The Division, shallow as it was.

It's a lot like that except there's never a reason for anyone not on your team to blast you as soon as they see you. Also the combat is better and it's way more intense and sneaking focused.

I stayed up way too goddamn late playing this game last night and it rules. Yeah there's stuff that needs to be worked on (I wish there was more foliage/tall grass/soft cover and it'd be nice if there was more ambient sound to sometimes dampen footsteps) but this is a great base. Night missions could be tense as hell too.

But holy :aslol: is melee combat busted and useless to the point that it probably shouldn't exist. The hit detection is so wonky that fistfights start with people jabbing and backstepping and trying to be tactical but absolutely nothing lands so they just stand face to face hammering the punch button until one person gets lucky that enough of their hits actually register and they win.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's basically what the divisions multiplayer should have been.

Re: ump - thing owns and is quickly becoming my favorite secondary weapon. Maybe it's confirmation bias and maybe it's the fact that people ignore them, but I feel like I'm way more likely to find SMG silencers.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

with a silencer or compensator + forgeries the ump is crazy stable while ADS'd on full auto

owns bones pumping people full of lead while they try to figure out what the gently caress is going on

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I know it barely matters but unlocking things is nice and exponentially more expensive crates is lovely.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Yodzilla posted:

I know it barely matters but unlocking things is nice and exponentially more expensive crates is lovely.

the price resets but idk the timing on it

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nothing like it. You don't have any survival concerns beyond staying in the circle and not getting shot.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

It resets every sunday.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

causticBeet posted:

It's basically what the divisions multiplayer should have been.

Re: ump - thing owns and is quickly becoming my favorite secondary weapon. Maybe it's confirmation bias and maybe it's the fact that people ignore them, but I feel like I'm way more likely to find SMG silencers.

I'm the rear guard/stair goblin in my squad and I love the UMP

the running joke is if I find an UMP no suppressor will spawn, and if I find a suppressor no UMP will spawn

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Drone_Fragger posted:

It resets every sunday.

Oh. That's...weird. It'd be nice if that was surfaced in the game somewhere. I guess that's how they limit unlocks?

It'd be kinda cool if you could find things to keep out in the world but maybe you only actually got them permanently if you finished in the top 5 or something. There's so goddamn much they could do with this game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It keeps the market stable or else those fancy trench coats may be a dime a dozen

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Oh. That's...weird. It'd be nice if that was surfaced in the game somewhere. I guess that's how they limit unlocks?

It'd be kinda cool if you could find things to keep out in the world but maybe you only actually got them permanently if you finished in the top 5 or something. There's so goddamn much they could do with this game.

I found that once I hit the 2800BP crate, it's better to just stockpile points until the next reset. It'll vary based on how well you do, I guess.

Don't play this game for the unlocks, though. Play it for the blood. Blood for the blood god.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the higher cost crates have a higher chance of getting rarer items

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the higher cost crates have a higher chance of getting rarer items

I mean... there's like... 10 items right now? My first crate ever I got the gray camo puffy jacket. First crate after the reset I got a gas mask.

I guess if you want the $80 jacket then it makes sense but whatever.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

WhatEvil posted:

Anybody had issues/got a fix for mic usage? I've checked that my mic is default device, bound push-to-talk to N and checked that I'm broadcasting to the right channel but push-to-talk does nothing. Also I have checked that my voice chat is not muted. I can't see any other options in the game to set up or test mic.

Any thoughts? I just want to be able to solo queue into a squad game and talk to my team mates.

Have you tested that it is not working with friends? There is no visual notification that you are broadcasting. And random pubbies might have voice chat muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I think overall, in game voice is kind of buggy. There are times when I three man squad, forget to turn off auto-matching and get a pubbie teammate. I'll turn off chat mute and hit T and it won't work, or it will always be on or something.

• Locked thread