Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Fangz posted:

Waiting to become Godot

In this version, Godot actually shows up but he's played by one of the running suicide-bomber robots

Finally coming up towards the end of Route C/D and I can say I'm amazed I haven't yet seen anyone make any of the off-color jokes that pretty much write themselves about 9S replacing his hand with 2B's. I guess the moral compulsion to avoid spoiling anything is more powerful than humanity's base urge towards dick jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've said it before but that's actually my favorite scene in the whole game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The saddest handjob since my last date.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Too bad there wasn't a robot named Camus in the village to tell him about The Stranger.

e: or "Albert" in the English version I guess

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 17, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Is that apologetic robot stream tomorrow or tuesday? I know it's soon. Fingers crossed for dlc :pray:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

THE loving MOON posted:

Is that apologetic robot stream tomorrow or tuesday? I know it's soon. Fingers crossed for dlc :pray:

Tbe stream is a few hours from now.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Four hours from now to be exact. Gotta find the stream a bit before then

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Johnny Landmine posted:

Finally coming up towards the end of Route C/D and I can say I'm amazed I haven't yet seen anyone make any of the off-color jokes that pretty much write themselves about 9S replacing his hand with 2B's. I guess the moral compulsion to avoid spoiling anything is more powerful than humanity's base urge towards dick jokes.

Even the world's worst monster could not joke about that scene. It's that brutal.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Too bad there wasn't a robot named Camus in the village to tell him about The Stranger.

I take it back, this is brilliant.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Hikaki posted:

Even the world's worst monster could not joke about that scene. It's that brutal.

I would have just thought about it once and dropped it if the game didn't tell you to go hack yourself immediately afterwards

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I am 83% into Fishing and 92% into Unit Data. After that, I just need to upgrade my last Pod and finish the final ending(s) and I'm 100% done. When you refuse to buy trophies the grind becomes real.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure this is the right link for the livestream, starts in less than half an hour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tltdMKMveg

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
No doubt this is the reveal of the thing everybody's been waiting for

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

The stream is now up and seems to be showing the trailer.

They've shown off dlc costumes now, a Kaine costume for 2B and I think a young Nier for 9S? not sure about A2's outfit

A Cup of Ramen fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 17, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Anyone mind linking the stream, I can't find it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
look a few posts above

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i kind of want this one

dunno if i care about this but its okay i guess

not sure what it says at the bottom. maybe "costume dlc"?

i guess behind one of the apologetic machines is the debug room as a combat arena? at least i hope, cause i could go for a shitload more of those

also i don't know who this is (maybe a SE CEO?) but apparently he's lvl 85

also this stuff makes me really hope for some pc model swap hacks or mods

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 17, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

RottenK posted:

look a few posts above

...Oh. I somehow completely missed that post. Thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seems like you need to win the arenas past the apologetic machines to get the Kaine (2B), Kid Bro Nier (9S) and Adult Bro Nier (A2) outfits. There's a fight against both presidents of S-E and Platinum.

First week of may release, no pricing.

e: people mentioning 1500 yen, so roughly $15/£10, which seems pretty steep imo.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 17, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This is going to be a thing where we all assume it's a silly injoke and then in Nier 3 we face the apocalyptic future where Square Enix rules the world.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seems like you need to win the arenas past the apologetic machines to get the Kaine (2B), Kid Bro Nier (9S) and Adult Bro Nier (A2) outfits. There's a fight against both presidents of S-E and Platinum.

First week of may release, no pricing.

e: people mentioning 1500 yen, so roughly $15/£10, which seems pretty steep imo.

No kidding that's double the cost of the original Nier's DLC and that came with two new costumes for everyone, new weapons and a remixed soundtrack. Hopefully the content will be more interesting than what you'd expect from just this announcement.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

also i don't know who this is (maybe a SE CEO?) but apparently he's lvl 85

also this stuff makes me really hope for some pc model swap hacks or mods

Yeah it's the Squeenix boss and then platinumgames boss
Apparently they got the models from the FF15 team =D no idea why the gently caress they had those made though

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Proposal: stop Ultimate Form Nomura before his belts envelop the world

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
is this gravity rush

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Zaq posted:

Yeah it's the Squeenix boss and then platinumgames boss
Apparently they got the models from the FF15 team =D no idea why the gently caress they had those made though

They had the CEO's model around for a special event before launch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfnYxV8CfU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Showing off the Gravity Rush 2B outfit (2b's outfit in GR2, not Gravity Rush outfit in NieR)

There may be new enemy types and I heard the word "omake" a bunch of times when they were talking about the NieR DLC so there may be some extra fun story stuff. Jackass was there at least.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

RottenK posted:

is this gravity rush

yes that was gravity rush

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What a weird crossover

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I'm sad that nobody got a dadNier costume

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm really getting the feeling that nobody at Platinum/Squeenix/Taro expected this game to sell as well as it did, so now they're panicking and trying to ride the gravy train as much as possible.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Live-Stream Screenshot from me to you.

Costumes

Elevator Battle Scenario

Eat the Mackerel

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

What a weird crossover

I kind of recall reading that Taro and GR's director are buddies.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
This is why I haven't deleted my savefile yet.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

A2 looks kind of dreamy in brother Nier's getup :allears:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Good, looks like the DLC will drop just in tine fir me to finish Persona 5.

Also, I know it's a bit late on the play names, but...

A Streetcar Named Emil.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I guess I'm gonna be pulling my data off the cloud then.

Also I read somewhere the Gravity Rush collaboration was an idea Yoko Taro had when he was drunk. That man is a treasure

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I just beat GR2 and there's a boss that's super DRAKENGARD to the point I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw that and went "Hey wait a minute maybe we got something here"

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Are there any stories left to tell in the Drakengard universe? I'm disappointed that I never got to try a dumb rhythm-based super boss.

In the end Nier Automata was barely related to Nier anyway, though.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

My Japanese isn't that great, but in the very beginning of the stream the guy who I think is the producer made a joke when chat was asking for DLC:
"Why do you want DLC when you deleted your save file, right?" :golfclap:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

HellCopter posted:

Are there any stories left to tell in the Drakengard universe? I'm disappointed that I never got to try a dumb rhythm-based super boss.

In the end Nier Automata was barely related to Nier anyway, though.

We still don't know where the Cathedral City came from and who started the whole mess. But at this point I feel a Taro game that requires previous knowledge of the universe is so unlikely since there are so many people who haven't even played Drakengard. Automata feels like it proves explaining the lore isn't something Taro is interested in in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

^^^^^^
e: p. sure it's just one of those stable time loop things at this point--the universes keep shuffling magical corruption back and forth and warping each others' timelines. Or maybe a degenerating time spiral is more accurate for a Yoko Taro game. :v:

Knowledge of Drakengard isn't necessary, though it might deepen your appreciation. Say you wanted to set a game during the outbreak of white chlorination syndrome and the fight against Red Eye & the Legion; you don't need to know what went down in Nier to appreciate Automata, and it's the same here. All you really need to know is that a parallel fantasy universe went through some jrpg-ish plot which ended with them killing a god (as is tradition) and the thaumaturgical fallout tainted our world.

Plus, you just know that as soon as word gets out there's a fantasy universe full of Real Magic out there, people would be writing fanfiction about where it was cool and awesome and magical. A subplot where you learn what living there was actually like would be fertile ground for parody, I think.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 17, 2017