Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
I'm not entirely sure the AI understands terraforming. My neighbours live on two tundra planets, and I noticed they have two worlds being terraformed. I mouse over and one is an deset getting changed to an arid world, and the other is an arid world getting changed to a desert. Nobody in the area lives on either type of world and they are xenophobes anyway, so it can't be for migration and they haven't captured the worlds from anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

King Doom posted:

I'm not entirely sure the AI understands terraforming. My neighbours live on two tundra planets, and I noticed they have two worlds being terraformed. I mouse over and one is an deset getting changed to an arid world, and the other is an arid world getting changed to a desert. Nobody in the area lives on either type of world and they are xenophobes anyway, so it can't be for migration and they haven't captured the worlds from anyone else.

It's art, dude. Sheesh. This is why species become xenophobes.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

So I surveyed a black hole named demon's maw and it turned out to be a real bad idea, my ship was instantly eaten by a... Thing... that has a skull instead of a power number.

What kind of firepower I need to deal with that, and is there any other way to resolve it?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TorakFade posted:

So I surveyed a black hole named demon's maw and it turned out to be a real bad idea, my ship was instantly eaten by a... Thing... that has a skull instead of a power number.

What kind of firepower I need to deal with that, and is there any other way to resolve it?

I think that's either a Stellar Devourer or the Ether Drake.

The only way to beat those are with giant fleets, usually tailored to their destruction unless you're going wild on large fleets. Ask Curators about them, they tend to tell you their weaknesses for some money, and if your current fleet can handle them at all.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

TorakFade posted:

A lot, and praying.

Good luck, I lost multiple science ships to that thing. Man, at least you can talk to the infinity machine, but that cosmic horror? You can only wail in dispair. I think someone posted a tactic months ago to deal with it. It involved a shitload of battleships with long-range weapons to snipe it from afar. And by "snipe" I mean "only a part of his fleet died a monstrous death before he could get in range".

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

^^^ I spoke with the infinity Machine and got a seriously awesome reward, this thing is just terrifying. Guess I shall leave it for endgame then...

evilmiera posted:

The only way to beat those are with giant fleets, usually tailored to their destruction unless you're going wild on large fleets. Ask Curators about them, they tend to tell you their weaknesses for some money, and if your current fleet can handle them at all.

Actually I bought the location of this "point of interest" from a curator who told me "go there and you'll find something", probably they just wanted me to buzz off and die.

It is a dimensional horror, I didn't even see it, the science ship got blown literally instantly.

I should check with the curator again hopefully they're of some help

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 17, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

It's the dimensional horror.

You'll need fleet power greater then 20k (20k's dicey), preferably mostly battleships with good spinal mount weapons. The Dimensional Horror will obliterate anything smaller pretty quick.

TorakFade posted:

It is a dimensional horror, I didn't even see it, the science ship got blown literally instantly.

Dedicate a corvette or to to flying through systems ahead of your science vessels if you can. It's not really feasible if you're auto-exploring but if you're exploring manually it'll save your science ships from getting eaten by a grand menace or blundering into a 4k pirate stack. Better to lose a corvette than a scientist.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 17, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's the dimensional horror.

You'll need fleet power greater then 20k (20k's dicey), preferably mostly battleships with good spinal mount weapons. The Dimensional Horror will obliterate anything smaller pretty quick.

That it is. I recall flinging a giant fleet at it and it had a rather nasty long-range weapon too, though I might be mixing it up with another Leviathan.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

TorakFade posted:

oh whoops didn't see the edit but yeah, Curators will help you out with that one. They can tell you if your fleet is strong enough and sell you a buff that'll help. You'll usually want a somewhat balanced fleet for leviathans but that one in particular is a pain cause it can hit you from anywhere in the system. Do not use a pure battleship fleet though against most leviathans cause when they were designed pure battleship fleets were too strong so most of them have weapons that can destroy a battleship instantly. You'll want some small ships to take some of the fire off your important ships.

The horror has a very nice reward though so that one is worth it.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 17, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

You can kill the horror with 25-30K fleet but there isn't much reason to until you can afford a 50-60k at least. Reward for killing it is jump drive and the unbidden will invade soon after.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I ran into a weird bug. I uplifted a species a while ago, and later on went all psionic ascension. I got the event where my new bird bros also started developing their psionic abilities and let them go through with it. This made them a new species when it gave them the psionic trait (like genemodding would do), but then they somehow also became my founder species? Now people are calling me Neo-Post-Blarglbaple or whatever they were called and I got the achievement for having a leader not of my founder species. She's my old leader. The game just decided my founder species was now this tiny uplifted population.

It was weird.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

GenericOverusedName posted:

I ran into a weird bug. I uplifted a species a while ago, and later on went all psionic ascension. I got the event where my new bird bros also started developing their psionic abilities and let them go through with it. This made them a new species when it gave them the psionic trait (like genemodding would do), but then they somehow also became my founder species? Now people are calling me Neo-Post-Blarglbaple or whatever they were called and I got the achievement for having a leader not of my founder species. She's my old leader. The game just decided my founder species was now this tiny uplifted population.

It was weird.

Yeah, I played a psychic empire up until like 2450 and by that time several of my client species contracted psychic powers, and as you say, each time the newest psychic addition ended up being my main species and dominated my leader recruitment pool until the next rolling update for magical powers came along

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

That it is. I recall flinging a giant fleet at it and it had a rather nasty long-range weapon too, though I might be mixing it up with another Leviathan.

You're not wrong. The Dimensional Horror's pretty strong.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah, I played a psychic empire up until like 2450 and by that time several of my client species contracted psychic powers, and as you say, each time the newest psychic addition ended up being my main species and dominated my leader recruitment pool until the next rolling update for magical powers came along

Guess I'm gonna be chill plant dudes in a few years then!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Niiiice I managed to do wormhole station dickery in unclaimed border stars over to what turned out to be the enigmatic fortress

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I'm at mid-game and need more lebensraum, but my neighbor is the cock of the walk, bully on the block.

They have an 8k stack disruptor navy with strong shields.
I refitted my 5k stack- stripped the shields and replaced with armor. Built a couple electronic warfare cruisers.

I took out their navy with 2k to spare. They will write songs about that victory.
Good times.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

GlyphGryph posted:

You can actually enforce that if you edit your species file directly. Theres an option to disallow duplicate portraits. Weird that you can check it normally

Hey I'm really dumb and can't find that file. Where is it?

e: There's a bunch of species files, but none of them have anything that looks like a duplicate portrait flag.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 17, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
None of the files have anything that says "duplicate" in association with anything species! Pretend I'm an absolute retard baby, because I am, and I can't find it.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

King Doom posted:

I think it's because removes all the blockers on the planet.

Always when i conquer new space from another Empire, i notice that all their uncolonized planets are free of blockers, so that's nice :)

So in a way the AI helps whoever gonna kick his rear end later.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm in a small galaxy, with the default number of empires, my game should not have run out of species portraits to the point where there's 3 pairs of species with the same portrait as each other.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

^^^^ you sure they aren't splinters from some original race? Rebels or newly independent systems formed out of some war?

I've hit an annoying bug while cheesily stalking enemy fleet info. Admirals and generals have been jumping in and out of leadership of AI fleets and armies, constantly. The combat power changes with the leader leaving and joining, so it's probably not a visual bug. This even (and especially) happens when the fleet in question (lol it's all of them) is locked in combat.

New to the game. Is this a known bug?

juche avocado fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 17, 2017

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Do you need to be a materialist society to get certain synth techs? I've been trying to do the synthetic ascension perk but personality matrix just won't seem to pop up in my research list.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well my Hive Mind has basically won the game. At this point my 170K doomstack consisting mostly of battleships with arc emitters murders everything before it has a chance to get in range, regardless of what it is, while my cruisers with flak cannons take care of any fighters or missiles that get too close. I used to put torpedoes on the cruisers but their targets would die before they had a chance to do anything. I'm debating tossing some hangars and bombers on for shits and giggles but frankly it's all irrelevant since nothing can survive an endless stream of armor/shield penetrating Zzap Kannons. I single handedly destroyed the Unbidden after the rest of the galaxy let them hang around long enough to drop 4 anchors, had some no-name empire with 1.2K in corvettes steal the portal kill from my giant murder fleet, slaughtered my way BACK to my own Empire after the assholes I just saved closed their borders, and then took out a spiritualist FE because they were in my way. Now the Scourge has shown up and I need to debate between dickpunching them immediately, waiting until they've taken out the rear end in a top hat empire while I follow up with the materialist FE and some jerks to the south, or just moving on because it's not like anything can stop me. Unfortunately war is more of a tedium than a challenge so I'm not sure what to do.

The combination of hive mind and genetic engineering is absurdly powerful. I'm generating enough social technology that I can reconfigure the genetic code of entire planets in the span of a few months, and if I was sufficiently motivated it wouldn't take me long to redo the genetic code of all 500+ of my hive mind pops. I may just do it anyway because I've exhausted the social technology track and it's not like I need another 5% to food when my monthly surplus is enough to max out the growth rate of every pop in the system. Every species I conquer gets their flaws removed and their DNA reconfigured to be a race of industrious, thrifty, very strong, rapid breeding conservationists. Specializing planets is absolutely optimal with genetic engineering so that you can exploit every bit of their abilities. I don't care about unrest, riots, ethics, or anything else and all it costs is a few months of tinkering with the very building blocks of life. Sure my neighbors consider my callous disregard for the essence of life to be abhorrent, but it's not like they can do anything about it.

I've found that the combination of hive mind, extremely adaptive, and talented along with the pooled knowledge and natural neural network is extremely powerful. The negative traits are repugnant (everybody hates you already), fleeting (you're already super talented), and sedentary (I don't think hive minds even migrate). Grab the starting bonuses for the Discovery, Prosperity, and Expansion traditions before filling out the Discovery and then Expansion trees and now you can aggressively expand everywhere. Getting private colony ships is particularly powerful since it lets you spend your minerals on warships.

Obviously I'm having a lot of fun, and Wiz and the rest of the PI team should be commended on their efforts. I really like some of the additions that Unity has provided, the incorporation of traditions offers a lot of potential, and overall the game is amazing. I imagine I might play one or two more games and then let it rest until the next major update. With that in mind there are still some aspects to the game which are really irritating:

- I still haven't completed a single precursor chain.
- War gets very tedious very quickly. Early on the game is really challenging, especially when I have to scout my foe to configure my under-sized fleet to take them on, and it makes fighting a defensive war rather dynamic. Later on it's a question of time as I capture planets one by one. Jump drives make this trivially easy, but it's still a slog.
- The ground game remains essential to warfare and also the worst part of Stellaris. I lose all my bindings every time my army lands and then embarks, the inability to merge a naval fleet and an army fleet means that I have to micro-manage the two together, and the lack of templates means that I have to add an attachment to every army before I launch them. Honestly Wiz if there's anything you can do to fix the ground game in your next patch it should be a priority.
- The fact that sectors will waste excess energy while having their coffers full is very frustrating, especially when I'm at a war. At the very last sectors should have the ability to trade with enclaves and use up some of that excess energy to get more minerals. I also should be able to extract energy from those coffers when my own empire is running out, or at the very least when my energy coffer runs out I should immediately start pulling energy from my sectors as an emergency measure.
- Traditions have their benefits but feel tacked on with little regard for the end game. After I finished Expansion, Discovery, and Prosperity it quickly became obvious that Superiority was the only one I cared about (and then after that I just randomly picked one and started waiting for it).
- The invasions might be more challenging if their weapons weren't entirely predetermined. I know what the Unbidden bring before they're even a threat. Perhaps it might be more of a challenge if the major threats in the game had their weapons randomized in the same way that regular empires do, so that perhaps one game matter disintegrators are amazing against armor and the next they murder shields.

Overall these issues are minor. The game is great and I love playing it, and thanks to the team for doing such a wonderful job.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

hope and vaseline posted:

Do you need to be a materialist society to get certain synth techs? I've been trying to do the synthetic ascension perk but personality matrix just won't seem to pop up in my research list.

According to the game files, it should drop eventually as long as you're not spiritualist or a hive mind. A scientist with industry expertise will help somewhat with the probability.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Trapezound posted:

^^^^ you sure they aren't splinters from some original race? Rebels or newly independent systems formed out of some war?

Absolutely. A neighboring empire to mine at the very start of the game has the same species portrait as mine. Completely different species, different name and traits, etc.

Another neighbor at the start has the same portrait as the pre-sentients I later uplifted. Different name, species, traits, etc. They just look the same.

There is a fallen empire with the same portrait as a normal empire. Different name, species name, species traits. Same portrait.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Which traits/civics/etc. would folks recommend to have a population at 100% happiness (or as high as possible)?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

alcaras posted:

Which traits/civics/etc. would folks recommend to have a population at 100% happiness (or as high as possible)?

Spiritualist/egalitarian/conservationist/environmentalist/communal. Everyone joins the easy to keep happy factions, use unity to buy harmony traditions and set everyone to utopian living standards for cheap because you get -60% consumer goods costs.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
When I make mixed fleets, they arrange themselves with cruisers in front, then destroyers, then corvettes, and battleships in the back. Wtf? Is that hard-coded, or can I mod which ship class should take point?

Edit: N/M, found it. 00_ship_sizes.txt

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 17, 2017

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Soup du Journey posted:

When I make mixed fleets, they arrange themselves with cruisers in front, then destroyers, then corvettes, and battleships in the back. Wtf? Is that hard-coded, or can I mod which ship class should take point?

Yeah. Corvettes and Cruisers are set to rush in, destroyers and battleships hold back

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah. Corvettes and Cruisers are set to rush in, destroyers and battleships hold back
I get that, but it still doesn't make sense for the larger ships to be in front of the smaller ones. Even if you have a fleet of corvettes and cruisers, the cruisers will be in front of the corvettes, which means they'll take the initial big gun volley instead of the smaller, more evasive ships. Luckily there seems to be a way to change that without screwing with their overall combat behavior

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

hope and vaseline posted:

Yeah, the synthetic Ascension stuff is Materialist only, just as the Psionic stuff is Spiritualist only.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Soup du Journey posted:

Wtf? Is that hard-coded, or can I mod which ship class should take point?

There is the Advanced Ship Behaviour Modules mod which lets you customize your ship engagement ranges.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I tried making a vaguely mixed fleet that was mostly battleships (because battleships are cool) with a few destroyers to screen missiles and cruisers because why not. No corvettes because I didn't see a purpose and I figured they'd just die a lot.

Well that was a mistake. The cruisers zoomed ahead and got focus fired while the rest of the fleet just sat there. I was really mystified how all my cruisers would die in an engagement that didn't even damage any destroyer until I zoomed in to closely watch how a battle unfolded.

Maybe with corvettes the cruisers wouldn't have been so focused on, but as it happens it looks like I hit upon the worst possible fleet composition where I'd lose half a dozen really valuable ships in battles where I greatly outnumbered the enemy.

The fact that I had a general that boosted combat speed may have made things worse, as the battleships and destroyers weren't pushing any speed barriers, so all it accomplished was giving my cruisers more time to be alone with the enemy.

So my conclusion is that destroyers and battleships go together for a long range fleet, and corvettes and cruisers go together for a melee fleet, but do not mix them!

Or at the very least, don't sprinkle in a few melee ships in an otherwise ranged fleet.

Guilliman
Apr 5, 2017

Animal went forth into the future and made worlds in his own image. And it was wild.

darnon posted:

There is the Advanced Ship Behaviour Modules mod which lets you customize your ship engagement ranges.

I highly recommend it. I think it's "out of date" still but it works none the less!

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

I dunno if you're still adding to the pack, but I have another couple of:

Species Submission(s)

Patina Mysterium

http://pastebin.com/0K433TSR
Haven't seen a lot of spiritualist / egalitarian overlap, wanted to make one. Also, your leaders are slow to learn but start at level 3.

Soto Diaspora

http://pastebin.com/6EL2f1pX
Another hive, they have basic adaptive so they still have to work to get to 40% hab and won't just run away with it. Also, the leader penalties are punishing early on, it was actually really hard for me to even get a scientist to level 5 to research precursor quests.

Also, a slight edit to my old submission for the Ascalonian Commonwealth if it's doable - didn't realize the version change messed up the ruler name / title, also updated to use the name list that's included in the pack:

http://pastebin.com/h5JaLT0r

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

darnon posted:

This is cool, and I tried it for a while, but I backed off eventually since it seemed like I could build fleets that were a little too smart compared to what the AI was putting together.

Meanwhile, the thing in 00_ship_sizes.txt seems a little weird. Is it a bug?

quote:

#reloadable with 'reload stats'
# This file is where you start when you want to configure something new, then go to sections

@civilian_ships_combat_speed = 0.5
@corvette_combat_speed = 1.75 # assault ships
@corvette_combat_rotation = 0.08
@corvette_collision_radius = 2.0
@corvette_formation_priority = 3

@destroyer_combat_speed = 1.25 # picket ships
@destroyer_combat_rotation = 0.05
@destroyer_collision_radius = 2.5
@destroyer_formation_priority = 2

@cruiser_combat_speed = 1.25 # picket/assault ships
@cruiser_combat_rotation = 0.035
@cruiser_collision_radius = 3
@cruiser_formation_priority = 1

@battleship_combat_speed = 0.75
@battleship_combat_rotation = 0.025
@battleship_collision_radius = 3
@battleship_formation_priority = 4

@build_block_radius_none = 0
@build_block_radius_tiny = 5
@build_block_radius_small = 35
@build_block_radius_medium = 45
@build_block_radius_large = 55
The corvettes will always line up behind the DD and CC's, so a ship that's supposed to be the dedicated assault chassis sails around behind the picket. I changed the corvette formation priority to 1 and cruiser to 3 and everything's fine. Still weird that it was like that, though. If it's not a bug, did they get pushed all the way to the back because they were too good at their jobs or something?

It seems like that might be the case...maybe? I ran a quick test with a 1:1:1 fleet of [Disruptor/Torpedo Corvette]:[Plasma Corvette]:[Plasma/Flak Cruiser] and I did pretty well against two FE fleets that warped into a bait system. I was maybe 20-40 points under, and I traded ships at a reasonable advantage...maybe 60/40 or 65/35 my way?

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 17, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I think the big problem with the precursor quest chain is that it doesn't scale based on galaxy size, number of species, and whether or not you cluster start. The only time I've ever completed it was on a random start on a medium galaxy that was only about half full, and that time I actually found seven precursor sites instead of the required six.

If you start in a cluster though, the odds of your science ships being the first ones into a system drop significantly and it seems like once other races' science ships come through they're still sweeping up all the precursor anomalies even though they don't benefit from them. When I'm playing on a cluster start with a 'full' medium galaxy it seems the most precursor relics I can realistically expect to recover is.. about 4.

If scaling the number of sites required isn't feasible, I'd push for reducing the requirement from 6 to 4 or even 5 and then possibly reducing the rewards a little to match.

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~
games still not fun

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Viral Warfare posted:

games still not fun

:eyepop: Yowza, give a warning before you drop a take this hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
This is the build I've been running:

Forgive the species name, just makes it easier to separate my people from mundane humans if I run into Sol/The UN/Commonwealth - nothing worse then throwing your influence behind a good candidate only for them to do an FDR during their third term.

They had a backstory about being another Ark from Earth, but that was on the previous PC and prior to Utopia. They used to be Nomadic/Fast Learner/Enduring/Slow Breaders but I got sick of having to replace leaders frequently I made the move to Venerable a while back.

It's geared towards eventually going for psionics, but gene mastery is also viable (if not preferable given that most of the Empire will likely be made up of foreign spices... except for dirty robotic abominations). It gives an excellent amount of unity out the gate, with lots of influence potential once factions start to emerge. The idea is to go for unity traditions that give more unity, basically all the unique buildings, then start filling out whatever tree best suits your needs - which for me is usually expansion, followed by domination for the sweet sweet subject integration bonuses.

Once you've maxed out your unity, reform the government and drop Beacon of Liberty, retain Parliamentary System, adopt Citizen Republic and/or Distinguished Admiralty and Deus Vult! :hist101:

Exploiting Factions is the real point of this build, Parliamentary System is *insane* for boosting influence, and deviants ensure the founding race isn't too homogeneous despite the religious ethos attraction bonus. Typically you'll have four to five factions pumping out influence, with the temple buildings and spiritualist ethics attraction reigning in the undesirable factions for this build (Authoritarian and the two Xenophobic ones, I've never had Materialists spawn), so long as you don't back any single faction they'll all stay reasonably happy and provide influence. It's actually possible to please both the pacifists and militarists at the same time which I find hilarious, and for the xenophiles to be mostly happy despite having the purge policy on and actively engaging in genocide... needless to say it needs some work, but I like it.

The amount of influence it gives is ridiculous, I'm usually resting on 1000 and constantly trying to find the best places to spend it as so not to let any be wasted.

This is how parliament looks in my current game around the mid point, with most of my Empire is made up of migrants and a couple of recently enlightened and integrated worlds.

Electoral Freedom Initiative - Egalitarian, but really Bleeding Heart Liberals. Stupidly easy to please so long as everyone is treated equal and fair regardless of species, even though I really don't want the repugnant mushrooms to reproduce until I research gene modification.

National Solvency Association - Pacifist, but really Titans of Industry who don't invest in war related industries. Also easy to please, so long as you've got a a roaring economy and sitting on strategic resources - and while they won't like it when I got to war for more, once you're sitting on 10 resources and maintaining a minimum of 3K energy in the bank they'll still be happy even if you're perpetually waging conflict and purging with gay abandon.

Silver Guard - Militarists, but really Jingoistic Imperialists. Currently the weakest party as none of our migrant populations are militarists and we're only giving the stink eye to one of our neighbors so they're on the fringe until we start liberating the poo poo out of everyone we don't like - they'll get incredibly prissy if we join a Federation, but as Federations are awful they'll remain content until we start a Holy War, at which point they'll start growing in size and gushing influence.

The Imperial Unity - Authoritarian, but really filthy monarchists misguided recently integrated subjects. There are a handful of migrants from all over, but they only spawned after I integrated a subject with a 24 tile world they were wasting, so I'm running re-education campaigns on their world and suppressing the faction, while waiting for the mind control happiness laser technology to turn up. A combination of Utopian Abundance, Pleasure Domes, and a Unity Symbol are negating my refusal to turn my empire into a monarchy... despite that the current leader has two great traits and therefor has been in power for over 100 years and may as well be Queen.

Alien Rights Party - Xenophiles, but really the foreign migrants party. Due to their size, foreign relations, and government policy their the best influence earner right now, but over time when we run of out species to enlighten and uplift they'll become relatively minor.

Church of the... ok that's a terrible name - Spiritualists, but really the "Dead Weight Until We Get Psionics or Gaia World Party". Seriously, they're completely useless until a Gaia world is colonised or the Psionics ascension perk is picked, the only reason their at 55% happiness is that despite being a liberal xenophile hugbox, the Empire is technically a theocratic republic :catholic:

I really want to see the factions fleshed out more, the isolationist faction are more pacifist than the pacifist faction which is a little silly. Maybe a democratic faction that wants term limits, a nationalist movement that wants to put the founder species first (but not to the extreme of the supremacists), Evangelising Spiritualist - or maybe just more fluid issues and issue crossover between factions.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread