Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder to self. F1 radio commentary exists on BBC radio 5 live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't own a kart. Heck, i don't even own a car!!!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha Brundle isnt too bad. Sometimes he goes on a bit but hes a million times better than the straight up journalists. There are so many people wanting into thr commentary surely we can start with a drive in F1 is a pre-req for a commentary job, then a win when weve got a few (bye Brundle) and then only WDCs.

You know how many ads are shown on Aussie Foxtel during the race. Not a single one. Lights to flag uninterrupted. Maybe its the same for Brit Sky users. Marvellous

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Kimi as a commentator.

Not the main dude but weighs in with insight. Thatd rock

Its the last thing hed do after F1 though. He looks like he hates the media

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What the gently caress are you on?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tony Montana posted:

Kimi as a commentator.

:chloe:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tony Montana posted:

Kimi as a commentator.

"Bwoaahh the race seemed fine."

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
"What an amazing day we're having here, It seems like the race could go down to the wire, what do you think Kimi?"

"Yes."

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Lol if you watch adverts instead of motor racing because "i don't like this one guys opinions and can't stop myself getting angry instead of ignoring them"

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
jesus maybe not Kimi then

Just when he chills a bit and opens up and even gets a bit mad. It's kinda awesome. In the last race there was an awesome outburst.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

What the gently caress are you on?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Tony's posts make me upset.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

Tony's posts make me upset.

So...

?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress I killed that lead dude from Cyberdyne Systems

Doesn't that mean I hosed Skynet. I saved us all?

You're welcome

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Lol if you watch adverts instead of motor racing because "i don't like this one guys opinions and can't stop myself getting angry instead of ignoring them"

The commentary is part of the broadcast, lmao.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

gently caress I killed that lead dude from Cyberdyne Systems

Doesn't that mean I hosed Skynet. I saved us all?

You're welcome

I am starting to believe you are a gimmick account.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nah just in a good mood bro. Try it sometime, it's pretty dope

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

The commentary is part of the broadcast, lmao.

Yeah you just decide to not get angry wicka, it is possible.

Then you get to see like, the whole race.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This will improve the mood for all, except Lewis fans which also improves the mood for all

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

Yeah you just decide to not get angry wicka

I'm going to ask you once to stop doing this. You don't have to constantly start poo poo, you can just have a grown up conversation.

I enjoy watching the broadcast more when it has smart and entertaining commentators, not Brundle constantly whining and Croft challenging Legard's record of most misidentified cars. Even if that means I have to watch the same Kentucky Derby ad 17 times.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Just get the British radios app, tune to five live and mute the TV.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The f1 app streams what i think is the five live radio during the sessions too. Good if youre stuck somewhere

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How is the F1 app anyway? I haven't tried it yet.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've got a bold prediction here: Commentators make the sport. If you've got bad commentators on a good race, it's a bad race. I've seen enough different feeds of enough different motorsports to be convinced of this. Examples: MotoGP world feed (bad) vs. BT Sport MotoGP (good); Sky F1 (bad) vs. NBC F1 (good); CBS sports AMA pro roadracing (bad); Hunt/Walker F1 (good); NBC F1 commentators doing IndyCar (good) vs. whoever else sometimes does it including Paul Tracy (bad). The amount of life that bad commentators can suck out of a sport is huge. It's a make or break thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Commentators certainly add to the broadcast but I've watched a bunch of races in German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Italian, and Portuguese as well and still found them entertaining despite not understanding them. It's not a make or break for me. I also watched the '80 Canadian GP with no commentators at all and it was good.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I once watched a stream from the Irish broadcast and it was excellent. Competent commentators speaking english and no commercial breaks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Just get the British radios app, tune to five live and mute the TV.

I tried this once a couple years ago and couldn't get it synced anywhere near close enough. I should probably try again.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I sincerely hope that next year there will be a WEC-esque streaming app.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

Commentators certainly add to the broadcast but I've watched a bunch of races in German, French, Dutch, Japanese, Italian, and Portuguese as well and still found them entertaining despite not understanding them.
I've done this too and I honestly don't understand how you can get anything out of a race like that. Maybe it's just me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

F1 2017: Just do whatever you want, mate.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've got a bold prediction here: Commentators make the sport. If you've got bad commentators on a good race, it's a bad race. I've seen enough different feeds of enough different motorsports to be convinced of this. Examples: MotoGP world feed (bad) vs. BT Sport MotoGP (good); Sky F1 (bad) vs. NBC F1 (good); CBS sports AMA pro roadracing (bad); Hunt/Walker F1 (good); NBC F1 commentators doing IndyCar (good) vs. whoever else sometimes does it including Paul Tracy (bad). The amount of life that bad commentators can suck out of a sport is huge. It's a make or break thing.

Toby & Jules 4 lyfe

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

In wish I could just mute the sky commentary team on command.

Give me the raw FIA feed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I just saw what Max said.... He's gonna get loving lynched in Brazil.

Good thing he didn't say something similar about Lewis although that would just mean he'd be treated like a living God in the US Grand Prix.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Massa beats the poo poo out of frog man.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

I hope Massa beats the poo poo out of frog man.

Like in a sick wheel to wheel battle, right?!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I legit didn't know that Brazilians had a stereotype in Europe. That seemed like such a random and weird thing for him to say.

In the US Brazil is just know for Carnivale and having probably the hottest women in the world

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I legit dont know what Frog boy was trying to get at by saying Massa is Brazilian.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Like in a sick wheel to wheel battle, right?!

Frog man needs to be at the front or finish his races for that to happen

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I legit dont know what Frog boy was trying to get at by saying Massa is Brazilian.

The general european view of Brazilians is, politely, "easily riled up" - see the BBC Top Gear team under legitimate attack because someone misread a number plate.
Massa of course assuaged this image by threatening violence, for a joke about Brazilians getting violent.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I imagine in the same way that someone would say Lewis is..... You know.

British.

• Locked thread