Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Here's a positive, nice, informative bike video for a change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEr83br2ik
I wonder why Honda stopped partaking in the race even though they were dominating so much? Also, why is the Africa Twin so much more legendary than the Super Tenere, which won more? The feeling it only won because Honda quit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Both bikes are highly regarded and has a big used market here in norway, but afaik Honda had a better dealer network and was first to burn the name in people's minds so generally there is always more old Africa twins available than old super teneres. In the new gen Yamaha was first out and sold it as a dentist competitor to the big bmw gs with a little less price tag with all electronic gizmos at launch in 2012 and sold pretty well here. The new Africa twin appeals to a little bigger market here and sells very very good.

Very very good in norway new bike sale is above 300 bikes for the whole country in a calendar year...

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I thought the dude who took the video didn't even know whether or not it was Yammienoob?

What I could gather from the squid subreddit, he knows it's him but just doesn't want to confirm it, and he has video of the aftermath but won't post it until yammie can properly monetize it probably

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
There is apparently a post on his FB page where he admits that was him in the crash and that he was riding recklessly (his lawyer's gonna love that). In the hospital waiting on some additional surgeries.

If he's not already posted video from his POV, assuming he has it, it's very possibly an attempt to limit liability. It's one thing to verbally admit "yeah I was riding too fast for the situation" and something else entirely to produce video from your bike showing you crossing a double yellow and passing on the inside of a blind corner at illegal speeds, plus video prior to the accident of you riding like a complete asshat.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Jazzzzz posted:

There is apparently a post on his FB page where he admits that was him in the crash and that he was riding recklessly (his lawyer's gonna love that). In the hospital waiting on some additional surgeries.

If he's not already posted video from his POV, assuming he has it, it's very possibly an attempt to limit liability. It's one thing to verbally admit "yeah I was riding too fast for the situation" and something else entirely to produce video from your bike showing you crossing a double yellow and passing on the inside of a blind corner at illegal speeds, plus video prior to the accident of you riding like a complete asshat.

in that case where do i submit his video for evidence in court so he can never ride again

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Can his insurance deny his claim if they find he was riding recklessly and breaking laws?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

Can his insurance deny his claim if they find he was riding recklessly and breaking laws?

Yep!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JB50 posted:

Absolutely. Especially so if he's in the US (I don't know anything about yammie noob)

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Absolutely. Especially so if he's in the US (I don't know anything about yammie noob)

Yep, he's in the US. Texas or some other flat boring state with limited corners which is why he's so bad at them. I'm having a good chuckle that he was making Youtube his "job" now he's done hosed up again.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
He lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area and I believe his actual job has something to do with insurance which is also funny and good.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

motovloggers, the gift that keeps giving.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Buhbuhj posted:

He lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area and I believe his actual job has something to do with insurance which is also funny and good.
True and true.

He didn't learn after meeting his first boulder at high speed.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Apologies for posting something from reddit here, but this album from the Solvang motorcycle museum is worth it. There are a ton of cool bikes in here - old Jawas and MVs, a Vincent Black Lightning. Nearly 200 pics:

https://imgur.com/a/ETmUR

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

High Protein posted:

Here's a positive, nice, informative bike video for a change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOEr83br2ik
I wonder why Honda stopped partaking in the race even though they were dominating so much? Also, why is the Africa Twin so much more legendary than the Super Tenere, which won more? The feeling it only won because Honda quit?

Honda narrowly missed winning the last one because of some rules bullshit and Ktm won but hrc participates every year.

It isn't as big a deal as it used to be for them because the rules are different now and force you to run heavily modified 450 mx bikes; no multi cylinders or big engines allowed so no road bike tie-in for that sweet sweet marketing.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Honda narrowly missed winning the last one because of some rules bullshit and Ktm won but hrc participates every year.

It isn't as big a deal as it used to be for them because the rules are different now and force you to run heavily modified 450 mx bikes; no multi cylinders or big engines allowed so no road bike tie-in for that sweet sweet marketing.

lol, no. Honda was dumb and their team did a stupid thing that was obviously against the rules and they're lucky not to have gotten tossed (which of course would never happen). Too bad for their riders, but it was early and I think Sunderland may well still have won even without Honda's refueling penalty.

Also, because they're not winning. Frankly, I think it'd be better if someone other than KTM won it, and maybe Barreda knows how to go fast without crashing now but KTM's race team is just a lot better and they have Sunderland and Price who are the best so...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1515842185156202&id=137935222946912&_rdr

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

True and true.

He didn't learn after meeting his first boulder at high speed.

Was he the guy who just drove off the road because he was fiddling with his phone?

tjones
May 13, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Was he the guy who just drove off the road because he was fiddling with his phone?

I think that was another idiot.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Speaking of dumb crashes, Premises 187 had one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNJLyRzCbaM

Mind you he's got a long way to go to live up to the American motovlog crowd because he freely admits it was entirely his fault.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Met that dude last year at an event, seems like a nice bloke but lol that crash, also squidding it.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

tjones posted:

I think that was another idiot.

Don't stare at your phone for 5 seconds as you approach a gentle turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVCfCW1y8I

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

MomJeans420 posted:

I was just curious if he learned his lesson and took the mount off of his bike.

Here's a capture from his latest video of him riding while staring down at either his phone or the gps he added in addition to that.

I put a RAM mount on my bike and the first time that I got distracted and almost did something stupid, I took that fucker off and threw it in the trash. Some people just can't be trusted with that stuff.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

He could have still easily made the turn, but he target fixated, panicked and didnt bother to turn his handlebars.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

He could have still easily made the turn, but he target fixated, panicked and didnt bother to turn his handlebars.

I don't think he even put his hands back on the loving bars.

Also are my ears playing a trick on me or was he still accelerating slightly while doing that?

And finally of course, gj setting up his phone so he has to use his throttle and brake hand to operate it, loving genius at work here.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I'm not big on those Ruckuses, but I would gladly ride this to get groceries (not sure about the wide front tire but I'll give it a pass)

Based on a Yamaha C3 with a Zuma 125 motor

tjones
May 13, 2005
That is awesome. Anyone who hates that is bad.

Wouldn't the fat front be a good thing on a small rim like that? I've ridden some scooters with tiny skinny wheels and the front can dump you very quickly if you aren't being careful. Before you realise it, you are on the ground wondering what the gently caress just happened while everyone laughs at you.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

The wide tyre would make it turn in slower, but at the speeds that bike does it probably wouldn't make much of a difference otherwise. Scooters tip over because the tyres are usually the cheapest stuff around, rather than because they're too skinny.

tjones
May 13, 2005

open24hours posted:

The wide tyre would make it turn in slower, but at the speeds that bike does it probably wouldn't make much of a difference otherwise. Scooters tip over because the tyres are usually the cheapest stuff around, rather than because they're too skinny.

I thought it was the diameter size that caused scooter tires to be sketchy as gently caress.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Whens YammieNoob gonna give us an update?

tjones
May 13, 2005

JB50 posted:

Whens YammieNoob gonna give us an update?

They released the full video the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYmqZBDk_eI

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

tjones posted:

:drat:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

tjones posted:

Lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

tjones posted:

What song is that Bag Raiders Shooting stars, looked in the comments.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ADINSX posted:

What song is that Bag Raiders Shooting stars, looked in the comments.

ahahahaha wasn't expecting a shooting stars video for that, nice work youtuber

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

At this point, the real video will be a disappointment

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I just want to hear the impact noise.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Pokey Araya posted:

I just want to hear the impact noise.

I want to see the footage from Yammie's helmet cam, find out how he hosed that turn so badly he ended up in the front of a Porsche

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I'm not sure if even he is dumb enough to post it up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He will, who can resist the call of 7-digit view counts?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

tjones posted:

That is awesome. Anyone who hates that is bad.

Wouldn't the fat front be a good thing on a small rim like that? I've ridden some scooters with tiny skinny wheels and the front can dump you very quickly if you aren't being careful. Before you realise it, you are on the ground wondering what the gently caress just happened while everyone laughs at you.

I believe the C3 has the same sized front tire as the Zuma which has much more on it than the Elite/Jog/Razz so you'd be fine with the stock one. That said it looks neat and if you're taking scooter/moped riding that serious you're bad. *eyes pseudo crustpunk moped folks in disdain*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
So I went to a car and bike custom show thing this weekend. Some cool poo poo and then lots of plain poo poo. My favourite from the bike hall, anyone want to guess what the original bike is (no, that's not a trick question)?