Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

just play xenogears disk 2 over and over.

(not like disk 1 is lightspeed though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like that the new Zeboyd game that came out, which is a cross between Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star, he put "Brisk pacing that doesn't waste your time!" as a selling point

Also I've been playing it and the combat system is extremely good

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 17, 2017

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Disc Jam is so good but the lag is unbearable at times. Really frustrating to find someone who is really good only for their throw animation to pause until .5 seconds before you're supposed to catch the disc, especially after a long back and forth volley. It takes too long to find 60ms players and they're still stuttery and jittery, while 100ms is borderline unplayable. Love this game, but it's hard to justify since I can't play with a wired connection.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lakbay posted:

I like that the new Zeboyd game that came which is a cross between Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star he put "Brisk pacing that doesn't waste your time!" as a selling point

Also I've been playing it and the combat system is extremely good

Cosmic Star Heroine? I thought that game looked pretty charming, I might try it out once I get through the Bayonetta remaster. I also appreciate any game that tells you exactly what it's going to be about in the title.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Samurai Sanders posted:

For 13 years I've watched ADTRW fail to keep anime talk out of any other part of the forum I look at, so I know that tactic doesn't work no matter the scale. SA just wants to talk about anime like a motherfucker.

That's because we are anime. I'm currently posting from my holographic talking wrist computer while riding my giant flying tiger mech through a battle against a bunch of naked long haired zombies with no eyes that spit lasers out of their mouths.

Isn't that how all of you peruse The Something Awful Forums?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I never heard of anime before I bought a Ps4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fuzz posted:

That's because we are anime. I'm currently posting from my holographic talking wrist computer while riding my giant flying tiger mech through a battle against a bunch of naked long haired zombies with no eyes that spit lasers out of their mouths.

Isn't that how all of you peruse The Something Awful Forums?

I'm a master sargent shooter person to the max

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I first learned about anime in the context of guys getting splashed with water and turned into girls and I was kind of confused by it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
People tend to roll their eyes at anyone who negatively describes a thing as "anime" because these days such a statement is shorthand for "I am trying very hard to show everyone that I am a mature grownup, on this, the videogame subforum of a defunct comedy website."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm a master sargent shooter person to the max

Look at this weak motherfucker who never ranked up to Sergeant Sergent Master Sergent Shooter Person :rolleyes:.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I first learned about anime in the context of guys getting splashed with water and turned into girls and I was kind of confused by it.

Wasn't it only the one guy

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

exquisite tea posted:

Cosmic Star Heroine? I thought that game looked pretty charming, I might try it out once I get through the Bayonetta remaster. I also appreciate any game that tells you exactly what it's going to be about in the title.

I would say to watch gameplay first to make sure it's up your alley, also the portrait and cutscene art is a little offputting. The tone so far is silly and lighthearted but that's my preference whenever I play any videogame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samurai Sanders posted:

Same, someone showed off an episode of Ranma 1/2 in high school and it put me off anime for years until I discovered the indie video store near my college.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Harlock posted:

Wasn't it only the one guy
I didn't know at the time; it was just some guy in high school who explained it to me years before I saw it myself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sakurazuka posted:

Horizon is pretty anime tbh

Let's examine the facts:

- appropriately word salad title
- teenage female protagonist shunned by society
- ancient machine race awakens after 1,000 years to destroy civilization
- early scene with plucky schoolkids who are later brutally murdered
- female lead is actually 1,000 year old reincarnation of jesus

Verdict: 90% of the way there but needed more lesbian romances and/or gratuitous panty shots.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it does

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Policenaut posted:

Hot Shots Golf is coming to PS4 on August 31st (in Japan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkIdXltnTc

So probably like Winter overseas.

FISHING!! FISHING!! YES, MATE.

The artstyle for the characters loving bites. I liked how in HSG World Invitational they were all uniquely designed and were cool and expressive in their own rights. Ah well i guess I'll have to get over it and learn to embrace dressing up these realdolls.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

exquisite tea posted:

Let's examine the facts:

- female lead is actually 1,000 year old reincarnation of jesus

Huh

maybe i should have actually some of those logs

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Fired up the PS2 today for the first time since 2006 going by the memory card and a few things stick out. The fan is loud as poo poo. The interface is nice and simple at two icons - one for disc and one for memory card. Everything looks kind of pink and very blurry, especially the GTA games. Controllers feel really light.

Really isn't any PS2 game I'm compelled to go back and play now other than Burnout 3 maybe. Muddy graphics and weird camera controls all round.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I don't remember it being pinkish, and i booted mine up a few weeks ago. Maybe your AV cable is jacked up?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have the original PS2 still plugged in but my GF stole my controllers. She has one of those PS2 minis, those things are insanely small.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

FishBulb posted:

Huh

maybe i should have actually some of those logs

Not literally but it's pretty close

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
guy with discerning taste, probably a cool dude: this game is far too anime

buncha ppl with underage anime girl avs: *in unison* what is anime

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
what is anime

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

*that scene from the end of dead poet's society, except it's anime schoolgirls all standing on their desks* Oh anime my anime.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FauxLeather posted:

what is anime

it's awesome

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In other anime news, I finally wrapped up Persona 5. Great game. I bought Nier Automata Friday but I haven't been able to tear myself away from P5 to play it. With that finally at a close I can finally dive in. :getin:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FauxLeather posted:

what is anime

A miserable little pile of secrets

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

A miserable little pile of waifus.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anime?! Hungh? Gufffah

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Reminder that the THQNordic Humble Bundle has a day left: https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

Darksiders 1 and 2 for $15 is pretty nice.

Also, everyone in the whole recommendation kerfuffle, why don't you guys recommend some of the smaller titles that you can only get Via Download, like:

Risk of Rain
Valley
Oxenfree
Bastion
Transistor
The Shantae games

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Woah, Destroy All Humans is in there! I never played 2 or Red Faction so I'm def picking that up.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

SettingSun posted:

In other anime news, I finally wrapped up Persona 5. Great game. I bought Nier Automata Friday but I haven't been able to tear myself away from P5 to play it. With that finally at a close I can finally dive in. :getin:

Goddamn. I wish I had more free time. I've been playing P5 as much as I can and I'm only 30h in. :cry:

I loving love it so far though.

I got Nier on release and dropped it as soon as P5 came. I'll have to get back into it in a month or so. It's a drat fine game itself.

Too many good games lately!

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
If my war vet grandpappy would walk into the room and shake his head at the game I'm playing then it's anime thats the law

I thought anime was evil but now I'm deep in Persona 5 and also Nier and Yakuza and it turns out those asian fellows are alright afterall, nothing to be scared of here folks

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is Yakuza anime?

That's a toughie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno if I'd call Yakuza anime 🤔

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ddogflex posted:

Goddamn. I wish I had more free time. I've been playing P5 as much as I can and I'm only 30h in. :cry:

Guess what? An average playthrough is around 100 hours :v:.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dunno if I'd call Yakuza anime 🤔

It's very Anime.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's insane people in the main p5 thread say "wait till NG+" because I'm pretty sure most people don't have the time go through a 100 hour RPG twice

I redid the events of the first dungeon with all the dialog on fast forward and it still took 4 hours with knowing what to do and where everything is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm not mad at that. It just means other games will be neglected for a long rear end time.

I didn't realize it was that long though. Explains why I only have 5 party members still though. That was kind of concerning me.

e: It also fills me with more dread of loving up social links. But I hate looking at guides for those as it ruins my IMMERSION. There is no way in gently caress I'm going to NG+ this.