Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ur all weirdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

radical meme posted:

Holy poo poo, we're gonna have the very best infrastructure you an imagine; built by the Chinese.

Wasn't that the transcontinental railroad.

the godless communist state of california was allowed to elide "buy america" steel restrictions when the new east bay bridge went up in favor of using chinese steel just a few years ago

repeating that shitshow across the entire country is gonna be hilarious

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Turdfuzz posted:

the sexual tension itt is incredible

Senator Gillibrand kind of looks like Gillian Anderson. That's worth a vote alone.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nichael posted:

Why are there no consequences, at the very least, for Manafort, Page, and Flynn who are legit working for foreign governments, and have admitted it like it's nothing repeatedly?

Because they're all thick as thieves. All republican leaders are dirty. Russia has fingerprints all over the FRC, CPAC, National Prayer Breakfast, Heritage Foundation. The entire party collectively decided to not care.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Admiral Ray posted:

reading about the american revolution is pretty much is

the difference being during the revolution qualified people for most of the jobs out there literally didn't exist, qualified presidents definitely exist nowadays.

georgie dubs had basically failed upward as a general but he was the only guy in town with any sort of large-scale command experience in the colonies that didn't have lovely health. john adams was never an officer at all and was frequently incapacitated with gout and honestly thought he was going to beat out georgie dubs for command of the continental army lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Bulleit rye owns and isn't too pricey.

the superior rye is rittenhouse

bottled-in-bond is key

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HOT TAKE.

Uh.

it's cold out nvm

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
templeton rye is v good as well, especially after it sits for a few minutes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mike12345 posted:

finally a pretty elf waifu for the thread

:rant:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Coolguye posted:

the difference being during the revolution qualified people for most of the jobs out there literally didn't exist, qualified presidents definitely exist nowadays.

georgie dubs had basically failed upward as a general but he was the only guy in town with any sort of large-scale command experience in the colonies that didn't have lovely health. john adams was never an officer at all and was frequently incapacitated with gout and honestly thought he was going to beat out georgie dubs for command of the continental army lol

yeah we got pretty lucky that we were just a front in the British Empire's Vietnam instead of a war they really wanted to win

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish I could drink rye at work, but alas I must wait 2 more hours until I get home :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Turdfuzz posted:

the sexual tension itt is incredible

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

local lunatic that wanders the streets with a megaphone screaming about fema and bohemian grove wont get a fair shake in family court.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/854038941120507904
🤔

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
listening to the newest comedy bang bang and there is a fuckin ad for fuckin delta airlines lol

turn left hot saucereman nooo!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah we got pretty lucky that we were just a front in the British Empire's Vietnam instead of a war they really wanted to win

france and spain were super lol about the entire thing, basically committed thousands of troops and tons of money just because they wanted to gently caress around with the british. also because there were a huge crop of french lordlings that wanted to make a name for themselves and whoops, jovian war period, conflict is the only way to do it. lafayette legitimately forged life-long bonds with washington and hamilton though, and the prestige he got allowed him to honestly pull off a self-perpetuating abolitionist scheme in french guyana, so it wasn't all stupid.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the superior rye is rittenhouse

bottled-in-bond is key

I'll have to try some when this bottle dries up in the next few days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

I was probated for four months in 2015 for posting "the Pittsburgh Pirates are good" in the baseball thread.

Didn't they win 98 games that year lol

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
going on this afternoon, a background briefing on an upcoming "buy american, hire american" EO

quote:

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY//NOT REPORTABLE
April 17, 2017

Background Briefing on the Buy American, Hire American Executive Order

This afternoon, Senior Administration Officials will hold an off-camera background briefing on the Buy American, Hire American Executive Order. The briefing will be conducted in person and via conference call at 4:00PM EDT, and the information will be embargoed until 9:00PM EDT. Please find the dial-in information below. The number of lines is limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis, so please limit to one per outlet.

In Person: White House Briefing Room

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

united airline should advertise exclusively during mma events

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Didn't they win 98 games that year lol

They did, baseball thread was bandwagoning the Cubs hard

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854035184353783808

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/854028439401246725

atlanta roads collapsing before that georgia special election

not the first time today or this past month

makes you think

Apr 7, 2003

Beethoven's 5th Symphony but every note is trump.ogg

Tru-Tru-Tru-TRUMP

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Vertical Lime posted:

makes you think

he always makes the wrong turn at albuquerque

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the cubs could be vunerable this year unless they score like 900 runs

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

"no challenge"

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

mannerup posted:

going on this afternoon, a background briefing on an upcoming "buy american, hire american" EO

I'm mad they couldn't even come up with a decently named bill to get a cool acronym out of it.

BAHA is not cutting the mustard. Or, maybe, its BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH shortened.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

Beethoven's 5th Symphony but every note is trump.ogg

Tru-Tru-Tru-TRUMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHJn4C_58M

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Juror drives to courthouse in 2016 challenger hellcat

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

makes you think

:argh: democrats

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

aren't shorts and sandals a no-go for court attire in Austin? guess not

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Nichael posted:

Why are there no consequences, at the very least, for Manafort, Page, and Flynn who are legit working for foreign governments, and have admitted it like it's nothing repeatedly?

there are a lot of people who think "yeah all politicians are like that, what are you going to do about it?" and will get mad for some reason if you try to answer that question.

there are a bunch of people who think "manafort? page? flynn? they were all barely related to the campaign. trump already won get over it!" this is essentially the message the donald team is trying to push lately to dedicated red hats

and then there are a bunch of people who just cant remember names and have little interest. (for whatever reason that may be) all of this stuff just slides off their back as generic political controversy that is the same as it has always been.

Nothing Matters.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

watch, the divorce judge takes super male vitality and bought 15 years worth of food from jones

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

as a lifelong Cubs fan, I can say this: "once was enough"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854045709812867072

Apr 7, 2003

lol gross

euphronius posted:

They have the offense but their bullpen is hot poo poo this year, especially without Slappy Chappy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

watch, the divorce judge takes super male vitality and bought 15 years worth of food from jones

He doesn't use the inforwars toothpaste with the nanosilver? what a cuck, alex is doomed

• Locked thread