Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I could talk about my hopes and dreams all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

resting duckface is pretty funny, not expected from r/ds

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

GrizzlyAtoms
Jul 26, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go re-read my posts, slowly this time. I've claimed that SQ42 would be released in 2017 for some time now.

Now that we can say with certainty that CiG have no plans of coming even close to having everything slated for 4.0 in the PU by the end of the year (judging by their own plan it appears getting everything promised in 3.0 is going to be tough), and that everything regarding Squadron 42 has become mum (Star Marine déjà vu all over again?):

Have you given any more thought to getting a refund? Why/not?

Have you revised your estimation of what it would take for you to consider the possibility of a refund?

Thank you in advance for your answers, Mr. Aliases, sir.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Derek you're so old.
OLD
L
D

e: old man tax

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Big difference between ignoring and doing work while casually observing.

edit: not everything is worth replying to, old man.

I get it, "old man" is a sick burn because it's such a lovely nickname.

I'm sure you're safe from any unexpected irony here.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/756236684811984896

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I feel grief.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Sorry mods, but I gotta dox MOMA.

He's clearly Chris Roberts.

Proof:
Bad at estimating release dates.
Thinks UI is a priority at this point.
Talks about game, does not play it.
Obsessed with Derek Smart.
Does not understand game development.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
When this all falls apart, Tarka is one of those guys I'm curious to see how he reacts.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Propagandist posted:

Derek you're so old.
OLD
L
D

e: old man tax

Jadzia was best Dax.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Paid demonstrators. Fake News. It's an organized attempt by some really competent and yet incompetent forum users that have no lives and are all Derek. A conspiracy intended to make CiG fail through words and cat pictures.

4chan for old people, that's what it is.

Edit: You can't see it, but in some of the gels of the Enterprise there's a couple of fairly large rubber ducks on one of the elevations. They're reprinted in the technical manual, but it's kinda fun how there were actually fairly obvious injokes on the set, just outside of the resolution of the cameras of the time.

It's how I'm feeling looking at this "gannt" chart they produced. 'Star Marine' or FPS is all over it, but there's weirdness in arranging it the way that they have, and I have a nasty feeling that the 100 systems is going to become a hundred bodies in x systems. Even better, when you break out the backend/network stuff, they're spending around a hundred days serializing for data.

A month to rework a rifle?

A month for an FOV slider?

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 17, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Exinos posted:

Proof:

Mods?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

quote:

AP posted:
Are you seriously thinking of bailing out though? What was the final straw?
I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.
- Moma, Dec 21, 2016

:smuggo:

quote:

“..so, it’s our big end of the year release. er so er yeah, so we’re gonna get it out the end of the year; hopefully not on December 19th but, er, like last year….but it is a big one, so, not making er, I got shot for making promises, but er, that’s our goal.”
- Chris Roberts, GamesCom, Aug 19, 2016 @ 23:36

So between Aug, 2016 and the 3.0 schedule (amid much fanfare), the 3.0 is now stated to be coming June 29th, 2017. That's 10 months since Gamescom; and 6 months since Dec 2016.

Yet, shortly after raising over $22 million* between Aug-Dec based on those LIES; right after, in Jan, they started talking about "doing a 3.0 schedule". And then in April 2017, they released it. With a video explaining - gasp - how difficult it is to make a schedule.

code:
08/16, $4,494,327
09/16, $2,315,704
10/16, $5,215,403
11/16, $7,776,767
12/16, $3,021,676
Aug, 2016. We're planning on releasing 3.0 as our end of year release

Dec 2016 - Mar, 2017. nothing. 2.6.x

Apr, 2017. We're working on the 3.0 schedule (for a build we were going to release FOUR months ago) as our mid-year release

As I said on Twitter a few mins ago: "In Q4/16, Chris Roberts raised $22m from gamers based on LIES. If they were investors, the SEC would be involved."

So this wasn't a lie then?

As wrote here on Jan 14, 2017

quote:

You can see all the slides showing the roadmap for 3.x up to 4.0 which he then went on to share during CitizenCon 2016 in Nov. Subsequently, ahead of the show, back on Nov 2, 2016, I had written a missive that sources told that the 3.0 patch didn’t even exist at the time that he made those statements; and that he was blatantly lying. In fact, sources told me that the first time they even heard anything about such a patch, was when the slide went up. So apparently this was something the Chris and his top cohorts (Erin Roberts, Sean Tracey, Tony Zurovek, Brian Chambers) cooked up in the continued bid to lie to and mislead backers.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 17, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

momas guesses are reasonable if you expect CIG to actually be honest about the state of the game and not horribly deceptive doing everything they can to meet 1/5th of the promises they've made while being .5-1.5 years late.

We still haven't seen anything about 3.0 running on live servers and they have two months for it to apparently hit the avocados and a month after that to hit live. Look at the progress in 2.6, 4 months of making the live version even less stable. Now they need to push out the entire package in 3 months, which would be incredibly difficult for a very competent 400+ man team, which is hilarious when earlier in the year it was obvious that Chris was focusing on SQ42.

The deathmarch that usually starts in July/August for CIG started on April. Its going to be a rough spring/summer/fall/winter for the people at CIG.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 17, 2017

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Exinos posted:

Proof:

I have been saying that for a very long time! Oh and TheAgent is Erin Roberts. Makes perfect sense.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

momas guesses are reasonable if you expect CIG to actually be honest about the state of the game and not horribly deceptive doing everything they can to meet 1/5th of the promises they've made while being .5-1.5 years late.

We still haven't seen anything about 3.0 running on live servers and they have two months for it to apparently hit the avocados and a month after that to hit live. Look at the progress in 2.6, 4 months of making the live version even less stable. Now they need to push out the entire package in 3 months, which would be incredibly difficult for a very competent 400+ man team, which is hilarious when earlier in the year it was obvious that Chris was focusing on SQ42.

The deathmarch that usually starts in July/August for CIG started on April. Its going to be a rough spring/summer/fall/winter for the people at CIG.

Stop spreading FUD. They've got this. That's why the 3.0 schedule starts in April, you see. They've mastered quantum computing and time dilation, whereby they're going to cram what - to any competent project manager - looks like a years worth of work, into a 2.5 month period.

It's loving hilarious. And I love it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Stop spreading FUD. They've got this. That's why the 3.0 schedule starts in April, you see. They've mastered quantum computing and time dilation, whereby they're going to cram what - to any competent project manager - looks like a years worth of work, into a 2.5 month period.

It's loving hilarious. And I love it.

Core. loving. Tech.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

HycoCam posted:

I have been saying that for a very long time! Oh and TheAgent is Erin Roberts. Makes perfect sense.

:eyepop:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
MoMa, have you heard anything?

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/854046494516817921

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Hav posted:

Core. loving. Tech.

a little over one month to program a slider which controls a single variable

less than two months to code an entire planetary system with seemless transitions, huge surface area, spherical gravity, celestial mechanics, multiple biomes and deformable terrain, and squeeze it in to the already broken and buggy PU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The completionist package purchases are 100% money launders. If i had to guess and guess right, my bet is ships sold on the grey market over dozens of accounts. Due to paypal and such it takes time to confirm the money as fully delivered, so whenever the grey market accounts accumulate 15000 in verifyable off transaction cash, they purchase a completionist package to move the money "legally" into their own accounts

This is highly illegal and hard to trace from the outside. Go anc record all paypal accounts selling ships and put the pieces together. Just bid, get a payal email and record where the money gets sent

Havent read the thread in many pagea, so no clue if yall already figured this all out

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Or just argue with moma and post pics of reddit fights you win

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

a little over one month to program a slider which controls a single variable

less than two months to code an entire planetary system with seemless transitions, huge surface area, spherical gravity, celestial mechanics, multiple biomes and deformable terrain, and squeeze it in to the already broken and buggy PU

The problem is what exactly?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Will this impact the no-work and no-show jobs provided for members of the Swedish meatball mafia?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

Or just argue with moma and post pics of reddit fights you win

Option B, please.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Madcosby posted:

The completionist package purchases are 100% money launders. If i had to guess and guess right, my bet is ships sold on the grey market over dozens of accounts. Due to paypal and such it takes time to confirm the money as fully delivered, so whenever the grey market accounts accumulate 15000 in verifyable off transaction cash, they purchase a completionist package to move the money "legally" into their own accounts

This is highly illegal and hard to trace from the outside. Go anc record all paypal accounts selling ships and put the pieces together. Just bid, get a payal email and record where the money gets sent

Havent read the thread in many pagea, so no clue if yall already figured this all out

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I swear to God if you kids don't quit it I'll turn this thread right around around and then NOBODY will get to go to Citizencon :colbert:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I didn't have to pay $30 over the course of 1 year to resub on a gay comedy forum.

BTW, can I play in ground vehicles yet, or still locked?

You're not my real MoMA.

I love me some smug MoMA, but I don't like this defensive MoMA that turns up when CIG somehow manages to gently caress up yet again, so please CIG do something MoMA can claim to be proud of

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hav posted:

Core. loving. Tech.

How does it take one month create a standard drop-in UI element that changes a number in a file?
Alternatively, how does it take one month to make the game read a rendering setting that it should be reading automatically?
Alternatively alternatively, how does it take one month to make a game use a setting in its renderer that the renderer should already be using?

Even if they have to do all three, HOW THE gently caress DOES IT TAKE  O N E   M O N T H  to make a FoV slider in a Cryengine game?!

I'm all calm now.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tippis posted:

How does it take one month create a standard drop-in UI element that changes a number in a file?
Alternatively, how does it take one month to make the game read a rendering setting that it should be reading automatically?
Alternatively alternatively, how does it take one month to make a game use a setting in its renderer that the renderer should already be using?

Even if they have to do all three, HOW THE gently caress DOES IT TAKE  O N E   M O N T H  to make a FoV slider in a Cryengine game?!

I'm all calm now.

It might have something to do with the fact that the camera sits inside your player model's face so an FOV slider is currently impossible due to fundamental design failings, since you start looking at the inside of your helmet almost immediately when you increase FOV.

Funny how their incompetence doesn't just mean that people spend time adding stupid and poorly thought out features - it also sows the seeds for months of wasted time as people try to unwind the terrible code to implement basic features that should be there by default.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 17, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

All of your faux concern for me is not endearing in the least. I don't need to frequent a gay comedy forum on my weekend off, especially one that is a holiday weekend.

Oh, and since I'm more intimately associated with this project more than any of you, I was right in saying 3.0 will drop by mid year, insomuch that Evocati will start to receive invites in about 2-3 weeks, and there will be a PTU release by mid-June. I also said that 3.0 will be going live before the end of the year, and it appears as though the schedule supports that.

You know, someone earlier had a comment in regards to project management: I believe someone said that they were a project manager and what CIG released was abysmal and something they would never give to his/her own management. For a project manager, you must certainly realize that for every project scheduled in the overall release, there are multitudes of design meetings, discussions, more meetings, planning and more that goes into just scheduling a block in confluence. Plus, maybe you are a project manager, but not for a game development company. One of the first things I gather from my limited experience in software development, especially for CIG's game, is that in Agile development, you design the UI first so that you know what to program for.

Quick somebody quote the post where moma said it will be out "way before middle of the year, closer to february" or whatever he said.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Give it a rest.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Madcosby posted:

Derek:

Read this response. I've been playing along too much. If you can't understand that they're goading you and then making fun of you, then there is no hope.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

It might have something to do with the fact that the camera sits inside your player model's face so an FOV slider is currently impossible due to fundamental design failings, since you start looking at the inside of your helmet almost immediately when you increase FOV.

Funny how their incompetence doesn't just mean that people spend time adding stupid and poorly thought out features - it also sows the seeds for months of wasted time as people try to unwind the terrible code to implement basic features that should be there by default.

Oh right. It's simplicity being stumped by absolute idiocy. I forgot what company we were talking about.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

Give it a rest.

Put you down for a 'no comment'.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Read this response. I've been playing along too much. If you can't understand that they're goading you and then making fun of you, then there is no hope.

Who is 'they', honky?

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Well the whole "rolling layoffs" thing is something that would actually have public visibility, so either something is finally happening or Derek is just crying wolf again.

If we don't hear about rolling CIG layoffs in Two Weeks I think we all know what should happen.