Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Guys I got here as I soon as could. Is Carmelo leaving New York?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, he still has a NTC. And doesn't he have a trade bonus as well? Who can actually take him and give assets?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Maybe La La wanted to bring a third person into the bedroom but melo said no he wants to do it how he's always done it.

What I'm saying is maybe he didnt want to run the triangle.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Zen master home wrecker

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Gonna be pretty hard to StayMelo

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

:( why's this make me feel bad for Melo

I don't particularly like her or him and she was one of the impediments to him leaving NYC, which is a thing I want, but aww :( sucks when folks can't make it work

The first member of team banana boat to severely decline in his career, and the first to have a failed marriage. Melo's vastly succeeding by normal human standards, but is failing according the standards of his friend group. If Chris Paul wins a title in the next few years he'll be the loser forever...

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

shook
noun \ˈshu̇k\

Origin and Etymology of shook
origin unknown
First Known Use: 1796

Jack's Flow posted:

I wish the Bulls would just go away.

This Bulls team is like Jason in Freddy vs. Jason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_hiWmXFUA&t=135s

Freddy: "Why won't you die?"

EvanTH posted:

Are we doing that thing where we pretend like the Eastern Conference is up for grabs and LeBron won't walk to the finals once again

Each year the likelihood of LBJ going to the finals dips a little more. One year the unthinkable might happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:smith: Melo just lost his only ring

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

The first member of team banana boat to severely decline in his career, and the first to have a failed marriage.

Wade definitely was the first to the failed marriage thing, his first wife was a complete mess and the divorce was nasty.

You can argue Wade might be beating him in decline (in seasons, not age), it's just Melo has been on worse teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dexo posted:

drat, lol.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
phil is taking the scotched earth approach to all relationships now that he broke up with jeanie buss, if I can't get mine no one can

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

Wade definitely was the first to the failed marriage thing, his first wife was a complete mess and the divorce was nasty.

You can argue Wade might be beating him in decline (in seasons, not age), it's just Melo has been on worse teams.

o dang that Gabby Union tweet blanked my mind and I totally forgot about NBA MIAMI HEAT STAR MOTHER OF HIS CHIIDREN ON THE STREETS

But Dwyane Wade just used his basketball skills to help win his team a playoff game. Can't say that about Melo any time recently

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Dexo posted:

gottdamn

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

axeil posted:

...do people with better NBA knowledge than me think the Bulls can actually manage to win the series? They looked like they were the better team but it was only one game.

I wouldn't be shocked if three of the four lower seeds won round one in the east. It's a very weak conference this year from top to bottom. The eight playoff teams just aren't that different in point differential etc.

Bulls vs. Celtics has an SRS differential of 2.22 (basically one single 2P FG difference).
Warriors vs. Trail Blazers has an SRS differential of 11.58

Panzeh posted:

Phil's zen master thing has always been a bit overwrought. He even said himself he's not really all that countercultural in his writing, though I think he plays it up sometimes, but Phil does like the media.

I tend to think Jackson has gotten less and less flexible as he's aged and just isn't what he used to be.

It always was kind of a pop psychology persona. It's not like he had any real substantive psychological/philosophical contributions. It was a gimmick moniker like Dr. Dre.

If players continuously hit HRs the game would never end.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

I can't really talk too much poo poo because I didn't exactly get into a great law school (which is why I ended up not going to law school) but Thomas Jefferson School of Law is like one of the worst, kind of barely a law school.

Loans Ball is going to get screwed.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

phil is taking the scotched earth approach to all relationships now that he broke up with jeanie buss, if I can't get mine no one can

What I hear, Phil's more of a pothead than a scotch drinker, but idk.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
somewhere, kevin garnett is eating a bowl of honey nut cheerios with a wistful smile on his face

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Up Circle posted:

somewhere, kevin garnett is eating a bowl of honey nut cheerios with a wistful smile on his face

I'm convinced KG eats breakfast while palming a basketball with both hands and Jalen Rose shakes his ding dong dry at a urinal with that stupid mini baseball bat he totes around

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Somehow the Leafs are playing at the ACC just 3 hours before the Raptors are supposed to play.

If the hockey game goes in OT again expect a delay tonight

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The Duggler posted:

Somehow the Leafs are playing at the ACC just 3 hours before the Raptors are supposed to play.

If the hockey game goes in OT again expect a delay tonight

Good thing the raptors play the bucks tomorrow night, and not tonight.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mr. Despair posted:

Good thing the raptors play the bucks tomorrow night, and not tonight.

drat this crazy playoff schedule! I thought it was today :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Zaza is way better than Bogut as an overall player, especially if you're somehow forgetting last year's Bogut who was generally pretty awful and out of shape because his offensive liability was a big problem.

Hey mavs, how was the awesome bogut

Bogut this year was much worse than Zaza last year. The only thing good Bogut did for the Mavs was turn into Noel.

predicto posted:

Bogut good player. Bogut smart player - excellent defender and screener and passer.

Unfortunately, Bogut 15-18 minute per game player max, and often broken.

The lack of those 15-18 minutes per game in last year's finals probably cost the Warriors the championship. Ezili was also out so the Warriors had no centers and were required to go 100 percent small ball for the whole series. Playing small ball for 48 minutes a game takes too much out of the players because of how hard they have to work on defense. You could see how exhausted all of the Warriors were by the end of each game, and it killed their offensive movement and shooting percentage.

Zaza isn't as good as Bogut on defense, or screens. His passing is good, but not quite Bogut level either. The difference is that Zaza will be there every game, putting in his minutes, bodying people, letting the Warriors go small for shorter stretches where they can blitz teams awhile without hitting the exhaustion wall.

The player you think Bogut is never came back from his Finals injury. I've seen a million centers in the Dirk era, Bogut ranks closer to the bottom half of them.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wade almost ruined his 2nd marriage by getting his side chick pregnant.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Bucks defensive scheme is way too aggressive but the Raptors might be a bad matchup to exploit it. The aggression works great against hero ball, so can the Raptors swing the ball and hit weakside threes?

Defensively I am not sure the Raptors have the type of rim protector that has shut Giannis down in pack the paint schemes.

Adjustments woo. With all that said I still expect the Raptors to win with a deeper and more experienced team.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Ezeli also didn't play any games and just had knee surgery again. I think the Warriors knew what they were doing when they cut both loose.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dexo posted:

Ooh La La!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hand Row posted:

The Bucks defensive scheme is way too aggressive but the Raptors might be a bad matchup to exploit it. The aggression works great against hero ball, so can the Raptors swing the ball and hit weakside threes?

Defensively I am not sure the Raptors have the type of rim protector that has shut Giannis down in pack the paint schemes.

Adjustments woo. With all that said I still expect the Raptors to win with a deeper and more experienced team.

Doesn't that assume derozan passing

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just read through the last four pages of this thread and I don't have a lot to add but thank you all for really awesome analysis and insights. Reminds me of why I regged back in the day.

I watched the Bulls game last night with a woman I've been seeing. She took me over to her stepdad's house for dinner and his entire living room was just wall-to-wall Bulls memorabilia, which was pretty wild. He's Eastern European and a big Mirotic fan, and then after several beers he began to refer to Marcus Smart as "Black Mirotic" and I'm not really sure where the comparison formed from but he came back to it nearly a dozen times.

Anyways, thanks for the great posts y'all.

E: wrong Smart not even sure who I was thinking of

Libertine fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 18, 2017

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm convinced KG eats breakfast while palming a basketball with both hands and Jalen Rose shakes his ding dong dry at a urinal with that stupid mini baseball bat he totes around

i cant watch area 21 for this exact reason because i become progressively more anxious the longer i see him touching that drat ball

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/853809851163709440

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Dejan Bimble posted:

There are more Armenians in Glendale than little Armenia so it gets the designation. That's ust my opinion as a Los Feliz for life paying 100% of salary in rent lifestyle ride or die stuck in the middle of lil armenia and glendale.

Worth it for Rustic wings.

Spacebump posted:

Bogut this year was much worse than Zaza last year. The only thing good Bogut did for the Mavs was turn into Noel.

The player you think Bogut is never came back from his Finals injury. I've seen a million centers in the Dirk era, Bogut ranks closer to the bottom half of them.

Bogut can barely move on the floor anymore. He's done.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

New thread title please

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly, Zaza brings about 90% of Bogut. He's craftier on offense than Bogut was, but less of a rim protector. It was not much of a downgrade.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

He's Eastern European and a big Mirotic fan, and then after several beers he began to refer to Marcus Smart as "Black Mirotic" and I'm not really sure where the comparison formed from but he came back to it nearly a dozen times.

lol, your lady's stepdad is Dejan Bimble.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
You guys are nuts Zsa Zsa is awful.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Panzeh posted:

Honestly, Zaza brings about 90% of Bogut. He's craftier on offense than Bogut was, but less of a rim protector. It was not much of a downgrade.

you are way overrating zaza and underrating bogut

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

dokmo posted:

You guys are nuts Zsa Zsa is awful.

All-star-voting-don't-lie

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dexo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Basketball dad's are the best. My dad has taking a recent liking to Javale and can't watch a Warriors game without talking about how good he is. I missed the last Warriors game. Steph and Durant both put up around 30, Draymond went nuclear and still the second thing my dad mentioned to me about it after talking about Draymond was how good McGee is. He played like, 8 minutes. It's great cause he's an old man independent of the media and internet circus so these are like naturally formed opinions without contamination from Shaqtin. I can't wait till he starts coming up with ludicrous trade scenarios for the Raptors to get him.

• Locked thread