Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah right

cokewives jumped on balls.

ahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cam owns

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/853967227506348032

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah right

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah right

:perfect:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bye star

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo I'll take that mother fucker

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/853975723266256897

I wonder if this was expected

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bad news. He wants 1 million per game!
Good news. His cap hit will be 3,000,000

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Why is Cam Newton cosplaying as Bruno Mars?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

waah posted:

Why is Cam Newton cosplaying as Bruno Mars?

Honestly I think Cam just goes to his friends "How much you want to bet I can still get laid in this?"

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I'm pretty sure my girlfriend bought that exact outfit at forever 21

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Volkerball posted:

poo poo I'll take that mother fucker

You leave him alone :mad:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Cam owns some terrible outfits

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/854028909704302593

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Here's Joe Thomas proving he's still the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxWz0RGbuM&t=94s

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Here's Joe Thomas proving he's still the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxWz0RGbuM&t=94s

Joe Thomas is one of my favorite players of the last decade and is criminally underrated by mainstream NFL Fans. It's tragic that he was wasted on the Browns.

There was a great story about a talented rookie Browns OL who was complaining that pass protection sucked because the Browns were down so much that they were always passing. Joe Thomas is just like "Yeah get used to that."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thomas is a legit hall of famer but who knows if he'll get the consideration.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

Bad news. He wants 1 million per game!
Good news. His cap hit will be 3,000,000
Hahaha wow, goodbye David Caldwell and Blake Bortles.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

The Puppy Bowl posted:

rings don't really matter as much for linemen. The fact that he's made the Pro Bowl every year of his career and a 7-time first-team all-pro is a big push in his favor, though.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He will be a slam dunk first ballot pick and its not even close?

He's already gained more accolades than Walter Jones, the guy before Thomas to be widely viewed as The Best LT around during his time. Jones had 4x 1st team All Pro and 2x Second team with 9 Pro Bowls.

Thomas is at 7 First team all pro, 2 second team and 10 pro bowls, one for every year he has been in the league. 10 years in the league, 10 pro bowls and 9 all pros and counting.

He will glide in and be the first Browns HoFer since Ozzie.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'm seeing 6x 1st team All-Pro 10x Pro Bowl. :spergin:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomJo28.htm

Regardless he should be a lock to make the HOF. There's hardly anybody to even compare him to.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Thomas is a lock for the HoF.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Don't forget his durability is 2nd to none.

Look at the text in my AV. I've never been able to find what the actual record for consecutive snaps is, but he has to be close if he doesn't have it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

Don't forget his durability is 2nd to none.

Look at the text in my AV. I've never been able to find what the actual record for consecutive snaps is, but he has to be close if he doesn't have it.

Consecutive snaps isn't really that great a record to have, though

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I've been hanging around D&D lately, trying to get my finger on the pulse of current events, and I get sad and upset when I see TFF regulars get screamed at and called bitchmade dumbass fucks. Mcmagic, Fiz and Volkerball seem to catch a lot of poo poo in particular lol

You should've seen it during primary season last year. It's actually a bit better now!

I hope the Eagles don't pull a Hillary and ignore the glaring needs at WR just because they brought in Jeffrey.

edit: Also how hosed is Eli? Is this "go to jail" bad or "Roger Goodell angrily shakes a finger at him" bad?

axeil fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 17, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

You should've seen it during primary season last year. It's actually a bit better now!

I hope the Eagles don't pull a Hillary and ignore the glaring needs at WR just because they brought in Jeffrey.

edit: Also how hosed is Eli? Is this "go to jail" bad or "Roger Goodell angrily shakes a finger at him" bad?

Last time I checked rich white people don't go to jail

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/Advil/status/854044957526683648

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's a hero:

https://twitter.com/Advil/status/854065672296554497

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Of all the groups to blame for deflategate, ESPN seems pretty far down. Like, not even on the list.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What is going on here? What photo?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

^^ Look at the post right above it.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Of all the groups to blame for deflategate, ESPN seems pretty far down. Like, not even on the list.

It's super dumb, but I still laughed. gently caress THA HATAHS GO TAHMMY! :derp:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheChirurgeon posted:

Consecutive snaps isn't really that great a record to have, though

Is it? It's a more accurate signal of longevity and consistency than games started, though, since he's playing on every single offensive play in every single game across that span. He's not taking plays off to rest or whatever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

I think Casey Wiegmann played either every snap of his career once he became a starter or every snap from like 1998 to 2010, it was something people talked about when his career was winding down in KC.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

This is loving hilarious. I mean gently caress the Pats and all but if I had to make a list of cities that would be great at being the city everyone loves to hate and mercilessly making GBS threads on all the haters it'd be Philly and Boston.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is it? It's a more accurate signal of longevity and consistency than games started, though, since he's playing on every single offensive play in every single game across that span. He's not taking plays off to rest or whatever.

It may be a signifier of longevity, but it signals poor backups/depth as much as consistency, and it also signals never being on a team that could rest its starters for the playoffs. It's neat, but I think it's in the same area of accomplishments as carries for a running back.

games started is also not great, for similar reasons.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Consecutive snaps is really impressive, because injuries in the NFL are very common and players of all positions frequently miss games.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

It may be a signifier of longevity, but it signals poor backups/depth as much as consistency, and it also signals never being on a team that could rest its starters for the playoffs. It's neat, but I think it's in the same area of accomplishments as carries for a running back.

games started is also not great, for similar reasons.

O lineman are the last to get rested, and great ones are expected to play every snap, regardless of depth. It's really impressive. Thomas will probably be first ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Didn't some other Boston dude do that to ESPN last year as well?

• Locked thread