Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Cats went from 3-12 to finish with 20-14. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Largepotato posted:

Cats went from 3-12 to finish with 20-14. :wtc:

:feelsgood:

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

Periphery posted:

I'd just like to point outhat umpire number 12 is the one that cost the Saints the game against the Hawks last year. Cats don't stand a chance.

Thats ok it will even out, Razor Ray was there.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
What the hell is going on with tipping.. rounds 2 and 4 I got 9/9, rounds 1 and 3 I got 3/9 and 4/9 respectively. Now its not just Essendon and West Coast, the entire season is on drugs.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The yearly fatman post came early this season

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Two cats are gonna get cited for picking on kind, gentle Hodgey

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hodgey? Gentle Hodgey?

Yes, gentle Hodgey.

Gentle Hodgey, gentle boy.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Poor gentle Hodgey was subjected to unprecedented thuggery today, and the perpetrators must pay for their crimes!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
chad wingard sends his regards

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Two cats are gonna get cited for picking on kind, gentle Hodgey

It's an unjust world, realbez :smith:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

It's an unjust world, realbez :smith:

I know, YAI, I know. :sigh:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

strap on revenge posted:

drat we snatched top of the ladder from adelaide

Shenanigans!! :argh:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Brb, doing doughies to etch a huge 1 into the turf at waverly.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Don't do that, you'll wake up the people who live in the townhouses where the grandstands used to be. They already have to watch the Hawks train from their balconies and thats punishment enough for living there.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They're unaware that their properties will be good for 6 years then collapse.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Excuse me, we were good for 7 years

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cocksmith posted:

patellar tendon tears are career killers.

Yup, O'Meara should still make it as a player but that's the exact same injury that Cooney suffered which ruined his career. He was still good but he had no explosiveness after 2008.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think it says a lot about the nature of Richmond that they are unbeaten after 4 rounds, but are still worse odds to win the Premiership than the Swans, who are winless after 4, and likely to be 0-5 after they play GWS next week.

Just as Hawthorn are at nearly twice better odds to win the Premiership as North, who sit on teh same amount of points, (0), but with a better percentage.

These gambling updates brought to you by whichever bookies are sponsoring the AFL. Please gamble responsibly.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Holy poo poo, I tipped 9 this week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

Holy poo poo, I tipped 9 this week

Melbourne inflicted their greatest ever betrayal on me.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Josh Gibson got nothing for his hit on ruggles, menegola and Parsons copped suspensions

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just saw about 30 primary aged (probably grade 6) schoolgirls having shootouts at goal during afterschool sports at a footy oval :3:

They were yelling and laughing and having a ball from the looks of it.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

Josh Gibson got nothing for his hit on ruggles, menegola and Parsons copped suspensions

You watched the game right? In which case you would agree that allowing Hawthorn to pick Gibson is a punitive measure.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

strap on revenge posted:

Can't be hurting the good bloke

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Good

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Schlesische posted:

You watched the game right? In which case you would agree that allowing Hawthorn to pick Gibson is a punitive measure.

he's coooooked

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Shmoses posted:

he's coooooked
Yeah, he's done. He has been great but this year... probably one year too many. Problem we weren't really in a position to cut him either with all our other dumb moves in the offseason, so.

He'll probably get to enjoy doing lifestyle shows like Crawf now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What are people's thoughts on seating? We are taking 4 people to the footy on Anzac eve and going on the bottom level because its nice to show people that atmosphere if they haven't been before, but I much prefer up on the top level if I'm just going myself. Gives you a way better view of player movements than you get on TV.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I pretty much take anyone who has only seen on tv to the top level behind goals, different perspective helps show the rapidity of movement

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I hate level 1, can never really get a good handle on the game and spend more time watching the big screen than trying to squint across the field. Much prefer top level where I can get a real good grasp of what's going on. As for bringing others, if they don't really care about the game or even sports in general all that much and it's more a social thing/experience thing then bottom level can be good for the atmosphere. But if they are at least a reasomably keen sports fan and you want to be able to explain aspects of the game to them better then go for the top level.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Top floor. Atmosphere is poor but you can see how players lead

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I don't know that I've ever sat behind the goals on the top level, I always go for the wing, at the MCG I sit basically on top of the interchange bench. Might try for behind the goals next time we're at docklands.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

As high up as possible without being so far away you can't see a loving thing. The 3rd tier at Subiaco was awesome for rugby as well.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

General Admission.
So, highest level roughly in line with where the 50m arc hits the boundary.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Just saw about 30 primary aged (probably grade 6) schoolgirls having shootouts at goal during afterschool sports at a footy oval :3:

They were yelling and laughing and having a ball from the looks of it.

The amount of women playing footy this year has shot up an immense amount. My club has over 40 listed players already. Why this poo poo wasnt done years ago boggles my loving mind.

As for seating, level 1 is drat good, particually along the wing but level 2 medallion is the best compromise by far.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
If I can I prefer top level behind the goals. Get a much better idea of the the way set up

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I probably only sit on level 1 once a year for a change, otherwise top level to actually see the game

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Second or third tier at the G, between the wing and the pocket/50m arc. Sat down low for the Dees v Blues game (because my dad has a crook back and didn't want to climb the stairs) and while it is a little more atmospheric you do tend to glance up at the big screens to get a clear view of whats happening at times.

In AFLW news...

Looks like clubs will only be allowed to retain 20 players, with the rest having to be traded or de-listed and trying to be picked up again in the draft. Lists will expand from 25 to 27 with 3 additional rookie picks (up from 1 rookie this year), so essentially 1/3rd of the team will be new players (or players from other clubs) trading will probably be somewhat restricted because sending someone interstate when they only get paid $6-11k is unfair. There might be COLA arrangements? Who knows.

There will no doubt be a few players retiring since they got their shot on the big stage and are calling it quits, or retiring injured. And before the draft this year there will be the new players coming through the state leagues (VWFL for example) which leaves upto 80 players who played in the 2017 season looking for new homes or looking to be re-drafted along with ~30-50 new players.

May 1 -19 is looking to be the player signings and trade period.
May 20-26 free agency period
Sept 4-29 unsigned players can nominate for the draft
October 18 AFLW draft
Nov 1-Jan 20 AFLW 2018 preseason

And rumour has it...

Jan 26th (Australia Day) AFLW 2018 season opener Carlton v Collingwood

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Since we are talking about the MCG:

I very rarely go to games at the G and I've never been in the MCC before but I've manage to score an MCC ticket to the ANZAC day game. Anything I should know in advance? Do I need to wear a monocle and top hat and brush up on my queens English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The AFLW players will still get to nominate a playing state last I heard, which makes it somewhat trivial for the four non-Victorian clubs to keep their 20, and then dedraft whomever they were forced to delist but still want to keep, without interference from any other club.

• Locked thread