Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

By the way, can we get an update on who's assigned to operate what with all the new hardware?

Fingers crossed on either the Reaper or the Hawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

power crystals posted:

By the way, can we get an update on who's assigned to operate what with all the new hardware?

I want it on record that I want to be reassigned to one of the shinier planes. I did my time in an Sk60 and killed a Dragon dammit! I deserve something. :v:

Edit: Actually I do kind of like the idea that the rookies get stuck in the Sk60s if we want to make that a thing. It makes sense that we'd haze the newbies by stuffing them into one of those things.

"Oh yeah man, this thing totally killed a Mighty Dragon once, you're going to love it."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Angola, Count

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
Angola -- von Hoff.

I'd be worried about the dictator telling us to do shadier and shadier poo poo, and if we refuse then he'll make his displeasure known... so to speak.

Jimmy4400nav posted:

drat! I actually didn't know a Hawk battery came with all that goodness! By chance do you have the numbers for the Pantsirs?
All other AA on offer comes in sections of two vehicles.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Angola - Hoff

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

power crystals posted:

Already called Reaper since I'm a literal ghost :(

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Bering Sea: Anger Peace

Save our oceans by bombing the poo poo out of them!

Popete fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 18, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Bering Strait, AngerPEACE

As for planes I'd like to move to a gripen eventually but I don't mind sticking in the phantom I had last mission if no gripens are available. I don't mind a tornado either if someone prefers my phantom to a tornado.

Edit:

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah dead pilots get first dibs on drones. Everyone knows that.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ANGOLA - Hoff

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Bering Sea - ANGERpeace

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Angola - Count

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Angola - Dictator

Any chance I could get a Tornado?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Angola - Dictator

a) pays better
b) Africa for the Africans
c) we don't want to always be the "good guys", it'll cut into opportunities.

Rather than joining the good side, we will make our side good (through PR, lies, spin, and napalm).

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Dandywalken posted:

Oh, I missed that then! I think there's like 30 names before mine anyway so I may not even be up yet at all. I only mentioned those as I've been rambling about SAMs forever and I think I was the first to suggest buying the Reaper. Otherwise I really have no preference if those aren't available.

Also rereading that made me suddenly realize we owned two Hawks and now we bought a Hawk. Thanks for that, militaries :v:

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

Angola - Hoff

We can go pirating when we have the boats.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

rchandra posted:

Angola - Dictator

a) pays better
b) Africa for the Africans
c) we don't want to always be the "good guys", it'll cut into opportunities.

Rather than joining the good side, we will make our side good (through PR, lies, spin, and napalm).

I agree,

Reiterating my support for Angola and the Dictator

Also I can also get behind the idea of hazing the newbies by sticking them in the SU60's and Hawks, they are afterall trainer aircraft. :colbert:

If that's the case I'd love to put some stick time in one of the Tronados.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I don't have the roster updated yet. But I will, soonish!

Yooper fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 18, 2017

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Angola - Count

Reddit Delenda Est

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
ANGOLA - DA HOFF

Yooper posted:

I don't have the roster updated yet. But I will, soonish!

Is that a pair of Hornets/Growlers, under the Gripens?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Coffeehitler posted:

ANGOLA - DA HOFF

Is that a pair of Hornets/Growlers, under the Gripens?

That should be our Hawk's.... The side profile I found was in arabic so uh, it should be a hawk. Google said it was.

Edit : It's not. Fixing it now. If you can't trust Google Image Search, who can you trust?

Yooper fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 18, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ANGOLA - COUNT

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yooper posted:

That should be our Hawk's.... The side profile I found was in arabic so uh, it should be a hawk. Google said it was.

Edit : It's not. Fixing it now. If you can't trust Google Image Search, who can you trust?

The KC-135 (above the C-130) is wrong also. I generally check wikipedia, they're pretty good about having the right picture for things.

Edit: Unless we bought the VC-10, in which case you're missing the KC-135.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 18, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Coffeehitler posted:

The KC-135 (above the C-130) is wrong also. I generally check wikipedia, they're pretty good about having the right picture for things.

That's our VC10.K4. I actually forgot the KC135. gently caress.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Angola - Count Hoff

I also request a spot on the pilot queue with a call sign Otter. Even have my license still valid and prepared to do any required forgeries on it.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
Angola - The Hoff

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

ANGOLA - DICTATOR

Also, put me (Dagon) on the reserve pilot list, please and thanks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Angola-Hoff

Bering seas look boring aside from ecoterrorism. The dictator would try to kill us after his paranoia makes him think were plotting to overthrow him and some fucktarded dweeb in the free state would stiff our payment in some attempt to pretend he's a game of thrones character.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Showtime posted:

Protip: Our MQ-9B, being a newer American model, can be equipped with Gorgon Stare surveillance pods

So, they made a system of surveillance cameras analyzed by AI and called it Gorgon Stare? Someone was reading Laundry Files at that time I guess (also everyone, read Laundry Files).

Also voting for Angola - Dictator. Payout should be nicer, that's the only reason.

Also, asking for your own call sign? That's bad form.

Gervasius fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 18, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

:perfect:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Angola - Count von Hoff

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Angola- and I'm down for the count

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Angola - The Hoff

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Just read this in one sitting, hella fun. Dictator Angola

Now I need to watch the videos :v: Also, put me in as Psychosocial if you would.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Count me in for Angola

I really liked Far Cry 2 and I'm looking forward to the subtle signs that we're actually just sowing the seeds for future conflict.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

xthetenth posted:

Count me in for Angola

I really liked Far Cry 2 and I'm looking forward to the subtle signs that we're actually just sowing the seeds for future conflict.

While I agree with you that that's certainly an interesting story, I think after the Tibet debacle we deserve a story where at least one idealist means exactly what they say, no matter how much that conflicts with the rest of the world. If every campaign ends with "and then things got worse!", it wouldn't be very interesting, now would it?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Put me in for Angola with the Dictator.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Let's learn to Count in Angloa

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

Angola and the Count

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Bering strait? More like Boring straight. Angola - Count for all of our wildest Ungern-Sternberg dreams.

Also, remove reddit :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Davin Valkri posted:

While I agree with you that that's certainly an interesting story, I think after the Tibet debacle we deserve a story where at least one idealist means exactly what they say, no matter how much that conflicts with the rest of the world. If every campaign ends with "and then things got worse!", it wouldn't be very interesting, now would it?

It doesn't need to be making things worse, even, and that'd be a fitting end to the story of an idealist who does mean exactly what they say. They can't fix things without breaking other things, and the world keeps turning.