Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Elsa posted:

There are borders between values and hues but no lines so it's actually a fact and not an opinion lol

Seeing as you are incapable of using google i'll do this:

Skin is different from any other form of media you can vomit your naked disney characters onto.

Ink 'bleeds' under the skin, coloured inks do this dramatically, black ink does it the least.

Without an outline your disney princess tits would end up looking like a weeb staring at their favourite hentai and squinting hard enough to pretend they aren't jacking it to imaginary children.

With a black outline it will still be creepy as gently caress but it will hold it's shape and design for years to come so you can show everyone how grotesque you are for fantasising about children's characters naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dpack_1 posted:

Seeing as you are incapable of using google i'll do this:

Skin is different from any other form of media you can vomit your naked disney characters onto.

Ink 'bleeds' under the skin, coloured inks do this dramatically, black ink does it the least.

Without an outline your disney princess tits would end up looking like a weeb staring at their favourite hentai and squinting hard enough to pretend they aren't jacking it to imaginary children.

With a black outline it will still be creepy as gently caress but it will hold it's shape and design for years to come so you can show everyone how grotesque you are for fantasising about children's characters naked.

Not buying it. Using outlines is poo poo art.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

Not buying it. Using outlines is poo poo art.

You're arguing this point in a medium which has several disciplines which are entirely focussed around nothing but linework.

Like, you're not very good at this at all.

Also, what's with the disney princesses tits thing people keep saying about you, that sounds pretty bad?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Elsa posted:

Outlines don't exist in real life so outlines suck in representational art.

I'm guessing I've found the thread with the tattoo artist goons

Alright, you get one effort post so here you go.

I know your a 3d guy so you probably don't get 2d art but let me explain a bit to you. All representational 2D art is abstraction because it is literally not the 3D object that it's depicting. To convince the eye that such a 2d image is real involves using tools such as perspective which do not actually exist (parallel lines (or edges if you prefer) by definition do not converge in real life. I don't know if you know that). Things like line and perspective are tools to convey things in way our eyes can interpret and make sense of. "Doesn't exist in real life" is a lovely nonsensical argument when we are talking about about 2D art and how vision and perception works. Also even master paintings with no obvious lines will still make use of implied line as a compositional tool because art is all about the relationship of all the components in the painting making a greater than the sum of the parts. If you just want an exact thoughtless copy, use a loving camera.

Also, way to go in insulting all the illustrators, comickers and pen and ink artists who do tremendous work with line. Look at loving Bernie Wrightson's ink work in something like his Frankenstein illustrations and tell me his use of line is a "crutch" and he was just some "amateur" artist.

And how can you not buy the fact that ink degrades? Your body considers the ink to be an invader and so it triggers and immune response. Over time the ink fades because it is slowly being picked at by your immune system hence it fades. Like if you need loving proof go look for some photos of fresh tattoos vs the same tattoos after a couple of years and the difference will be extremely obvious.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Hate Fibration posted:

Foot tattoo guy strikes again

These are great examples of tattoos that don't use linework, and no one mentioned anything about the ink fading over time or some poo poo. Stop being bad I guess

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

JuniperCake posted:

I know your a 3d guy so you probably don't get 2d art

lol

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Elsa posted:

These are great examples of tattoos that don't use linework, and no one mentioned anything about the ink fading over time or some poo poo. Stop being bad I guess

Ok, maybe we should take this a step back now.

Do you know what linework is?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Elsa posted:

Here's a 'great' tattoo that doesn't use linework.

Here's the same tattoo literally months later.

it's all faded to poo poo, its blurry and fuzzy, the blood has no definition to it and it now looks like poo poo.

You know what, gently caress it, go and find a great artist that doesn't use black ink to define edges and understand the mantra 'bold will hold'

Get all the tattoos you want from them.

Do it now so we can start posting your poo poo in this thread by the end of the year when they all look terrible.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Lifeglug posted:

Ok, maybe we should take this a step back now.

Do you know what linework is?

Yeah, it's something painters have used for centuries as an undersketch, but over the course of the painting you convert them to different forms that are next to each other. Lines are shorthand for the artist and shouldn't remain through the end of the artwork as cartoon outlines

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dpack_1 posted:

it's all faded to poo poo, its blurry and fuzzy, the blood has no definition to it and it now looks like poo poo.

You know what, gently caress it, go and find a great artist that doesn't use black ink to define edges and understand the mantra 'bold will hold'

Get all the tattoos you want from them.

Do it now so we can start posting your poo poo in this thread by the end of the year when they all look terrible.

That would be a good reason to arrange the composition to have dark forms next to light forms. lol if you're using white on skin

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Elsa posted:

That would be a good reason to arrange the composition to have dark forms next to light forms. lol if you're using white on skin

Oh i finally get your gimmick. There is only one style of art, and it is in no way subjective and open to interpretation. Only your concept of art is what art is and thus anything else is just amateur hour poo poo.

GTFO you creepy softore disney fan art creator.

If you can show me a single tattoo that meets your criteria of being considered 'good art' and i'll show you a bad tattoo by just quoting your post.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Something something you've given me everything I need to destroy you

sout
Apr 24, 2014

dpack_1 posted:

Aaah! Where did that spider come from?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oh my god get a room you two

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

Twiztid is like the off-brand ICP isn't it?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Elsa posted:

Yeah, it's something painters have used for centuries as an undersketch, but over the course of the painting you convert them to different forms that are next to each other. Lines are shorthand for the artist and shouldn't remain through the end of the artwork as cartoon outlines

You're a pretty terrible troll, lol

But can you do is a favour, and when you inevitably get poo poo tattoos, post then in the other topic so we can laugh at them there, and then someone can xpost then he and we can have a second round of laughing? Thanks!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Elsa is such a loving idiot

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

sout posted:

Twiztid is like the off-brand ICP isn't it?

More like their ICP Jr. They are produced by them on their record label, so it's not like they're straight ripping them off.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Johnny Truant posted:

You're a pretty terrible troll, lol

But can you do is a favour, and when you inevitably get poo poo tattoos, post then in the other topic so we can laugh at them there, and then someone can xpost then he and we can have a second round of laughing? Thanks!

I don't have tattoos because I think they're bad decisions lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's just my style and that's okay because you're bound to get one or two bad ones

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Elsa is a very good troll

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Elsa is a very good troll

Yeah, we should probably just let it go.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

docLeder posted:

Yeah, we should probably just let it go.

gently caress.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Enough of this argument please.

All on the same person:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think it's too late for that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Not only are the wings the cheesiest tattoo choice on Earth, but that particular set looks like vegetables.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Not only is the tattoo bad and the thought insipid, the laziness of this couplet is making my eye twitch. I feel like I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night screaming "WHY WOULD YOU THINK RIGHT/ALRIGHT IS AN OK RHYME?"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Chitin posted:

Not only is the tattoo bad and the thought insipid, the laziness of this couplet is making my eye twitch. I feel like I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night screaming "WHY WOULD YOU THINK RIGHT/ALRIGHT IS AN OK RHYME?"

Been a long time since poetry class, but wouldn't that just be straight up repetition rather than rhyme?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

Precisely.

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

Chitin posted:

I thought it said "airtight," which makes more sense anyway.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I read it as "night".

Fight for the night to be more than just alright

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Looked up the lyrics and I think Chitin is going to be really happy.

Not so much the lies I'm just lost in my mind
Trying to find what it is that makes me feel right inside
And I'm submerged by the urge to make it by day and night
I'm in the struggle looking to fight for the right
To be more than just alright...
And I'm looking for more light so I can see what they got in store for my life

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Can someone explain what the gently caress is going on here?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

Subdermal implants.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah did some googling which returned this image, which, not a tattoo but still

what the gently caress

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Flipperwaldt posted:

Is it a tattoo of this?

e: so this

From last page but yes, that's exactly it! The artist I was thinking of was "Sean from Texas," too. What a weird dude. But I love lil mr no-complain :3:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

rockcity posted:

More like their ICP Jr. They are produced by them on their record label, so it's not like they're straight ripping them off.

The two groups are having a feud now. It is amusing.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enough of this argument please.

All on the same person:

1. took me a mintue to realize this wasn't just a misspelling of "deluxe"
2. when I think "letters that need more than two lines to be recognizable," i definitely think of "V" first

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is that an IUD?