Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
White bikes look great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TheFonz posted:

Huh?

White bikes? That's the rock you're going to die on?

Eh, I don't blame him. If I were surrounded by Englishmen I'd hate white too.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
He's got the white guilt.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No true Ducatista

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

Huh?

White bikes? That's the rock you're going to die on?

LCdr. Jebus posted:

Apparently it does as you as you posted pretty much the exact same comment the last time I posted a picture of my bike a year ago.

I don't know what to tell you, I really like the white on this particular bike! I didn't realize I was a trend :)

I could accept the ridiculous facial hair and mistaking of irony for a legitimate political stance but when I found out the white Monster outsells the other two colours combined that I decided everyone born after 1976 was an idiot who needed to die.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Eh, I don't blame him. If I were surrounded by Englishmen I'd hate white too.

English people aren't actually white, we have, as Bill Buford put it, the skin colour and texture, not to mention basic odor, of a cheese and onion crisp.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I could accept the ridiculous facial hair and mistaking of irony for a legitimate political stance but when I found out the white Monster outsells the other two colours combined that I decided everyone born after 1976 was an idiot who needed to die.

My dad was born in the late 50s and owned several bikes. This was during the 80s and he mostly owned pearl white bikes at the time. :shrug:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's not that you're old, you're just not a fun person. You're the Kirkland version of PCOS Bill.

edit: I'm old too, you don't have to be dead inside also. I have lime wheels.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 18, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

English people aren't actually white, we have, as Bill Buford put it, the skin colour and texture, not to mention basic odor, of a cheese and onion crisp.

You don't need to wear fluorescent yellow to be safe. If you want to be hi-viz just take your shirt off.

one of my family names is Dudley, so it's ok for me to say these things. I'm 1/16th Angle on my mother's side.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 18, 2017

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

TheFonz posted:

It's not that you're old, you're just not a fun person. You're the Kirkland version of PCOS Bill.

Best stock paint scheme in forever

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

White bikes are dope.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I've been trying to make my white bike less so

It was my first time wrapping something and I spent like 4 hours on just this panel. It looks fine from a distance, and in pictures, but the vinyl has quite a lot of wrinkles and there are spots where I had so much surplus vinyl I had to make incisions and have pieces overlap. This is a pretty complex shape, though. I'll just do it again... someday. Or maybe I'll cheat and just cut out separate stickers and have those overlap.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

At first I was sad when I found my Buell that it was white. Later, I realized it was cool and good. That's my story.

Now I'm sad that I've only been able to find the red/black Maisto Buell1125r model / toy. Might have to paint it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

High Protein posted:

I've been trying to make my white bike less so

It was my first time wrapping something and I spent like 4 hours on just this panel. It looks fine from a distance, and in pictures, but the vinyl has quite a lot of wrinkles and there are spots where I had so much surplus vinyl I had to make incisions and have pieces overlap. This is a pretty complex shape, though. I'll just do it again... someday. Or maybe I'll cheat and just cut out separate stickers and have those overlap.

I mean, the base color scheme of the 701 is perfect in every way, so I don't know why you would do this, but props anyway. You get exponentially better and faster the more you wrap, don't worry.

Also, Hexis4lyfe.

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010

TheFonz posted:

Nice wheels :wink:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i got a new bike

It was like $18 on AliExpress and I couldn't resist. It's a knockoff but I was very impressed; the quality is indistinguishable from real Lego. It appears to be based on a Street Triple cause it's got the twin round headlights and a three-cylinder engine (with tiny pistons that move up and down when you spin the rear wheel). The shocks work too and there's a teeny kickstand that swings out.

:krad:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sagebrush posted:

i got a new bike

It was like $18 on AliExpress and I couldn't resist. It's a knockoff but I was very impressed; the quality is indistinguishable from real Lego. It appears to be based on a Street Triple cause it's got the twin round headlights and a three-cylinder engine (with tiny pistons that move up and down when you spin the rear wheel). The shocks work too and there's a teeny kickstand that swings out.

:krad:

Link dat poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There are like 100 different sellers that have them on AliExpress, but here's the specific one I bought. Relatively fast shipping too (about 2 weeks).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dec...2676761045.html

(the two versions of it are with box and without box. If you get it without the box, which I did, it just comes in a bunch of plastic bags but is $10 cheaper. Still has the instructions and all that -- I guess the box is just if you want to give it as a gift or something.)

If you search for "technic motorcycle" there's also a Harley version, a BMW GS, and a police bike of some kind.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 19, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
you jerrrrrrk! holyshit they have p much all of the best discontinued lego sets.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

There are like 100 different sellers that have them on AliExpress, but here's the specific one I bought. Relatively fast shipping too (about 2 weeks).

(the two versions of it are with box and without box. If you get it without the box, which I did, it just comes in a bunch of plastic bags but is $10 cheaper. Still has the instructions and all that -- I guess the box is just if you want to give it as a gift or something.)

If you search for "technic motorcycle" there's also a Harley version, a BMW GS, and a police bike of some kind.

I'm totally going to buy all of these with my next paycheck.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Going to be leaving on an interstate trip tomorrow, to the same place as posted last page (outback Victoria). I've put this together with a loving shite photo, not totally setup yet. Figuring out where to place a few of the weirder things.

Iso's YamahaR1 DR is.. optimistically loaded. He has more experience than me, but I'll have the speed to run away from his scorn :v:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

fingerling posted:

Going to be leaving on an interstate trip tomorrow, to the same place as posted last page (outback Victoria). I've put this together with a loving shite photo, not totally setup yet. Figuring out where to place a few of the weirder things.

Iso's YamahaR1 DR is.. optimistically loaded. He has more experience than me, but I'll have the speed to run away from his scorn :v:

If you haven't ridden it that packed before take it easy in the corners. The braking distance is way compromised from all the weight and getting the thing into the corners will feel "odd" until your used to it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Skreemer posted:

If you haven't ridden it that packed before take it easy in the corners. The braking distance is way compromised from all the weight and getting the thing into the corners will feel "odd" until your used to it.

Just air your tires down to 10 psi and back it in to every corner.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Skreemer posted:

To reiterate, that much weight that high and behind the rear axle will lighten the front enough to give you some startling headshake.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

That's not even that much stuff tbh

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
yeah wtf lol i've packed more poo poo then that on my drz's back when camping. all that happened was wheelies became much easier

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yeah that ain't gonna be a big deal. That massive tank bag would be more of an issue to me.

Fingerling look into rok straps. They're the poo poo, I had two and just got two more. Better than bungees or bungee nets but I do still like my bungee net.

My traveling/camping set up went from:

Total scrub

Figuring it out

poo poo sorted

And despite n8 harassing me about how much stuff I had strapped on there, once I laid out everything I brought he admitted that it was all needed. That n8 is an rear end in a top hat, don't listen to him.

That was for a 4-5 day trip from KY to WV ta raft to VA for the "Back of the Dragon" then back up thru KY.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Not gonna lie, what with the lovely ergoes on this thing, my considerable weight will all be over the tank/further forwards (and wrists!). Definitely going to be taking it easy, haven't had it laden down but there isn't actually a lotof weight on it. I'll look into Rok straps, I loving hate 'ocky' straps. I swear they're loving laser guided straight for the face :mad:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sagebrush posted:

Was ready to click buy, but shipping costs as much as buying the thing itself. At least I have the manufacturer's name, can probably look up a seller a bit closer to me (or with more reasonable shipping).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You must be in some weird country or have picked the wrong shipping method. AliExpress is an ultra-discount marketplace for sellers who all ship directly from China on the slow boat. If you're in the USA, pick ePacket for like 2 bucks and it'll arrive in 2-3 weeks. Outside the USA, pick "seller's shipping method", which is usually free shipping through China Post, and it'll arrive in 30-45 days. But that's just how AliExpress works.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think he's in Taiwan, which makes the high shipping price even funnier.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Angryboot posted:

I think he's in Taiwan, which makes the high shipping price even funnier.

Ahh. That would make it completely reasonable, actually. China doesn't really like interacting with the Taiwanese government.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Some pics with the new seat. I will change the red tank/fairings to white eventually. The first one is from a friend's nicer camera... Not sure if it came out better.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I am a true believer in the value of a top box and keep one on my Multistrada all the time but somehow it seems wrong to put one on a Brutale. It's like Bianca Balti wearing mom jeans :smith:

The stitching on that seat looks pretty sharp - what kind is it?

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Jazzzzz posted:

It's like Bianca Balti wearing mom jeans :smith:

Hot

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sagebrush posted:

Ahh. That would make it completely reasonable, actually. China doesn't really like interacting with the Taiwanese government.

Yeah, can only ship through EMS/Registered mail, which is like $20 or so US. I thought it was weird, too, considering Ali Express is fairly popular here; thought maybe the specific seller wasn't in China. Also, lol at Ali using the Chinese Taipei flag, but listing Taiwan as a country.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Jazzzzz posted:

I am a true believer in the value of a top box and keep one on my Multistrada all the time but somehow it seems wrong to put one on a Brutale. It's like Bianca Balti wearing mom jeans :smith:

The stitching on that seat looks pretty sharp - what kind is it?

Yeah, top box looks a little bulky, but it's super convenient since it's my daily ride.

It's from 2014 special edition.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
We left Adelaide at 3pm yesterday and managed to make it a whole 30km with any failures! :smuggo:

Then Isolationist's minute luggage capacity fouled on his exhaust, and he almost caught fire. Good times.

My name is Iso and I pack good!

fingerling fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 21, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got my grips, headlight, and tires in. Plan on getting everything but the tires lined out tomorrow. I'll throw the new pics up when it's all said and done, still have to see the awesome guy here about fixing a few paint issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The moped thread is archived :(

Just bought this though