Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

You know, that quote from Ash perfectly describes corporations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Google will be the Weyland Corporation in 50 years. Bet on it.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Alienwarehouse posted:

Bought out by Wal-Mart?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

ImpAtom posted:

The only thing that really stands out to me is that flat humanoid teeth are way loving scarier than sharp pointy predatory teeth in the Xenomorph design.
It's got that Busey quality

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Fish Noise posted:

It's got that Busey quality

Since Amiens take on characteristics of their host, how awesome would a Busey-burster be?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not a coincidence either. Ash is a flawless company man, so of course the alien meeting that definition and being bio-mechanical, like Ash, but being such a bizarre animal at the same time that only focuses on reproducing, drives him crazy.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

There's scans from this over here. Be warned, it contains lots of spoilers, both visual and textual.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hodgepodge posted:

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Neither do I, but it's something I just noticed.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
That empire cover is so bad. Don't try to imitate the master.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

UmOk posted:

RIP, you twisted genius.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

UmOk posted:

It's the short fat arms which made me lol first. It's like a bad piece of fan art.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
He's talking into a mic, that is also his tail.

Or hes doing his fat kid from Hook impression.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

SUNKOS posted:

There's scans from this over here. Be warned, it contains lots of spoilers, both visual and textual.

Lets face it; Scott and the producers have been pretty bad at keeping plot details under wraps with this movie.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alienwarehouse posted:

Google is quite clearly going to be Skynet. Weyland will be what forms when Proctor and Gamble buys out Pfizer, Halliburton, and Lockheed Martin.

edit: and Monsanto

Wild T posted:

Bought out by Wal-Mart?

No, Wal-Mart is Buy-n-Large. You people need to get your future dystopia corporations straight.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

UmOk posted:

Agreed. It misses the point. The empire cover has the alien look like it's not part of the background, like they're separate. It loses the bio-mechanical aspect of the creature.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope Alamo does something for Alien day, because as it stands it seems kind of...eh. I love Alien to death, but I've seen that film 3 times in the theater already and I kind of want to see Alien 3 for once on the big screen.

I would see Prometheus in the theater again though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I hope Alamo does something for Alien day, because as it stands it seems kind of...eh. I love Alien to death, but I've seen that film 3 times in the theater already and I kind of want to see Alien 3 for once on the big screen.

I would see Prometheus in the theater again though.

I know they won't do it, but I would go for a marathon of them.

There'll at least be a feast if you want to drop $$$ on food.

https://drafthouse.com/nyc/show/alien-covenant-feast

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 17, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That feast sounds nasty. I just want simple finger food in a movie theater.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
To quote Gregg Turkington: "I'd prefer the movie butter flavored popcorn."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm not ignoring the joke, but I sorta am because I hate popcorn in movies.

The best movie food is beer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQFWAaVAzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icNG-g3pl_I

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love this. I'm glad Alien now has it's 'theme' instead of just having sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/user-511882002/the-covenant-jed-kurzel

Yeah it's mostly Goldsmith's theme, but still. I very much like scores that keep the same feel across the franchises.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Xenomorphing426/videos/

Click the one with Daniels on it and check out that mother fucker of an Alien. :swoon:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

I'm not ignoring the joke, but I sorta am because I hate popcorn in movies.

The best movie food is beer.

A beer is also great for the cinemas. If you are slurping on oysters while watching a movie you are a jackass.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And why would you want to eat the things that look like what you're watching? Seems weird.

The facehugger was just a bunch of oysters and seafood poo poo stuffed into a shell basically.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Alcohol w/ raw or fried sea food is the best movie food ever besides popcorn so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I love this. I'm glad Alien now has it's 'theme' instead of just having sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/user-511882002/the-covenant-jed-kurzel

Yeah it's mostly Goldsmith's theme, but still. I very much like scores that keep the same feel across the franchises.

But can it be hummed??

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've actually been humming it since. Not the Goldsmith part. The other part

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

eating in the theater is loving gross

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Neo Rasa posted:

I know they won't do it, but I would go for a marathon of them.

There'll at least be a feast if you want to drop $$$ on food.

https://drafthouse.com/nyc/show/alien-covenant-feast

I am, and I don't think I can stress this enough, furious that I'm going to be in New York City the weekend before this, because I've always wanted to go to one of these Drafthouse meal specials ever since I saw the description of the Indiana Jones marathon complete with culture appropriate meals for each movie. I'm sure they won't be doing anything for loving King Arthur except maybe a big ol' leg of lamb.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Alcohol w/ raw or fried sea food is the best movie food ever besides popcorn so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I love seafood but I'm not eating it at a theater. There are some decent dine-in movie theaters, but none that I'd trust with oysters on the half shell.

I guess the gimmick is that it's going to burst forth from inside you after incubating for a couple of hours :barf:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I am, and I don't think I can stress this enough, furious that I'm going to be in New York City the weekend before this, because I've always wanted to go to one of these Drafthouse meal specials ever since I saw the description of the Indiana Jones marathon complete with culture appropriate meals for each movie. I'm sure they won't be doing anything for loving King Arthur except maybe a big ol' leg of lamb.

That Sunday they're gonna show Cujo at 9:30PM. :D

Tickets just went on sale now for Alien Covenant if anyone an Alamo near them.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 18, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

wuffles posted:

I love seafood but I'm not eating it at a theater. There are some decent dine-in movie theaters, but none that I'd trust with oysters on the half shell.

I guess the gimmick is that it's going to burst forth from inside you after incubating for a couple of hours :barf:

They have a full kitchen there and (as far as I could tell in the one time I was there) a competent kitchen staff. I'd rather eat there than at some mediocre restaurant that has oysters available.

Neo Rasa posted:

That Sunday they're gonna show Cujo at 9:30PM. :D

Tickets just went on sale now for Alien Covenant if anyone an Alamo near them.

if I lived in New York City I'd either work there or spend all of my free time there, the one time I went it was really awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well gonna buy two right now. Also those fuckin Alien glasses holy poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I splurged on one of the glasses because drat, first time I ever got any Mondo anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mondo's glasses are always incredibly good. I have The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and will get GOTG VOL 2's pretty soon. They're better than any of those posters and are legit useful.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

Well gonna buy two right now. Also those fuckin Alien glasses holy poo poo.

What Alien glasses?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Yo I didn't know they made Aliens tiki mugs and now my entire life will be incomplete without them. I almost bought a Gremlins one when I was in NYC a couple months ago but I"m not really a gremlins fan but oh man those alien ones look so incredibly dope.

The glasses look cool too, but I have a bunch of tiki mugs from Disney World and the Alien one would fit perfectly with those.

i would kill for one of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those were sold a few months ago. Good luck.

But you can see the new glasses on an Alamo site if you move through the ticket buying process. It'll be on the page right before you put in your CC info.