Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Saint Sputnik posted:

That's what I told my wife about my Femshep because it's easier than trying to explain how much more satisfying Jennifer Hale's VA is.

"The male character's VA is bad."

That didn't seem too hard ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Context: today in Atlanta, there was a chemical spill that closed one major highway and a ruptured gas pipe that closed another. And we're still in the process of fixing the section of I85 that collapsed a couple weeks ago, and all that led to this.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Phone post quick someone put the Seattle map up. Where a gas truck rolled on near I90 and I5.

I feel your pain. I just don't drive anymore. Kayaking to work is the answer.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I'm gay, I just like punching fools.

I'm the distended rabbit anus.

*rabbit cloaca

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I once mentioned playing a female video game character to my mom, and she spent 5 minutes working "Why don't you play male characters??" into the conversation at random intervals, regardless of topic. Conservatives are really, really weird about gender.

Cat Mattress posted:

It was to look at your character's butt in third person view, wasn't it?
I didn't realize this argument was so wide-spread. Some people are more able to empathize with a protagonist of an entirely different species than they are of a different gender.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Vib Rib posted:

I didn't realize this argument was so wide-spread. Some people are more able to empathize with a protagonist of an entirely different species than they are of a different gender.

I just like to punch first, and ask questions while punching. (Or liked to. I got ridiculously sick of LoL about 6 months ago, and haven't touched it since.)

That said, yeah, some people can't explore other genders without some sort of "excuse". It's weird.

I was torn between identifying it as an anus or a cloaca, but those aren't really eggs, so I went with anus.

(Political Cartoons 2017: those aren't really eggs, so I went with anus.)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

When I used to play WoW there were some neckbeards in my guild that made it REALLY creepy when they'd dress their female toons in skimpy clothes and say weird things about staring at their butts or whatever, but that's an outlier in my experience.

It's fine to play characters that don't match your gender. Hell, I'd argue that it's kinda the point of games - getting away from reality. I know I always tend to play female characters in RPGs, at least (though this is probably a habit I got from Mass Effect more than anything). Why are people so weirded out by it?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 18, 2017

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Crazycryodude posted:

When I used to play WoW there were some neckbeards in my guild that made it REALLY creepy when they'd dress their female toons in skimpy clothes and say weird things about staring at their butts or whatever, but that's an outlier in my experience.

I think that for the vast majority of online games players treating women like consumer products is more the norm than the exception.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Camel Camus posted:

I think that for the vast majority of online games players treating women like consumer products is more the norm than the exception.

Now What Gave You That Idea My Lord?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Camel Camus posted:

Implying that women are not objectified overwhelmingly by offline games? Like, I'll take the player bases views on gender for Overwatch over nearly any Koei Tecmo game easy.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I tend to play women maybe 3/4ths of the time if I get to choose gender, and that's probably because 99% of games have you playing as a dude and I like variety. Plus I mean it was just really fun playing as an attractive lady in a top hat whipping eldritch abominations to death with a cane-whip-sword in Bloodborne. I highly recommend it

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Korean War could possibly start up again, and end, inside the delay of his cartoons. Things are just accelerating like crazy. Maybe he should think about doing something about the delay?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh, what timing. Does Tinsley just memory hole every week's scripts as he goes? All of his commentary last week was BLACK PEOPLE HOBBIES and now he's complaining about other people not talking about real poo poo.

Four more years of ignoring the President coming right up.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"The MSM refuse to cover this story as soon as it could make dems look bad" he says, as he acknowledges this story for the first time with the only angle that DOESN'T make it clear how bad Trump is.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I just like to punch first, and ask questions while punching. (Or liked to. I got ridiculously sick of LoL about 6 months ago, and haven't touched it since.)

That said, yeah, some people can't explore other genders without some sort of "excuse". It's weird.

It's because some goons have severe social anxiety and instantly have a panic attack whenever someone does anything that could get them laughed at.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Is bicycle-riding-dog code for trump-bombing-syria

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Glen Le Lievre:

Spoeank posted:

Is bicycle-riding-dog code for trump-bombing-syria
Mutt On A Bicycle

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ramirez really has kinda devolved into nightmare fuel over the past few years

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Now take that head, and stick it in a vise. Just crank those temples together as hard as you can.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 18, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Potato Salad posted:

Conservative A: :bahgawd: Goddamn Democrats and their weakness! Good thing we have a new sheriff in town. That MOAB drop and Tomahawk strike sure showed our enemies, and I'm sure glad we're taking a hard stance with North Korea.

Conservative B: :derp: loving interventionalist war-hawking DEMOCRATS! Why do they want to bomb and intervene so much? We aren't the world police!

At what point in the future do sides A and B of the GOP realize they're actually at odds with each other? Never?

Conservative B

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Admitting that the current state is full of hate, AGC

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr. Squishy posted:

Conservative B

I can't tell if it's left wing or right wing

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Feminism and smashing the state are less different now than they have been in a long time I think. After all, the president of the US, the most powerful person in the world, has made his feelings about women crystal clear.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 18, 2017

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr. Squishy posted:

Conservative B

Ah, the rare good politoon.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Mr. Squishy posted:

Conservative B

Yes, we all find ourselves becoming blacker and angrier these days.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the strongman leaders' club – As Turkey votes to give Recep Tayyip Erdoğan virtually dictatorial powers, the trend for the strongman leader is growing around the world"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... North Korea's military parade

:derp: Tomorrow's selection should be interesting. :derp:

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
Does anyone feel like testing Tedward's claim that he's fluent in French? Or is it just another hobo murder story?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

His mother's French from what I recall so it's not that implausible. Easy to learn when young and it kinda sticks with you.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Mr. Squishy posted:

His mother's French from what I recall so it's not that implausible. Easy to learn when young and it kinda sticks with you.

C'est vrai.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Meh. If you haven't been reading and writing since you were a child, conversational skills don't mean you are able to draft a comprehensible letter, much less a damage claim.

Sources: Mostly forgotten B.A linguistics courses, and anecdotal evidence of living in an immigrant community.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

In case you never lived in Connecticut, this the market/dairy that Barry Deutsch was working at:

http://www.stewleonards.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stew_Leonard%27s

It's a really cool, innovative store that has awesome food. I grew up nearby, and I used to love going there!
Depending on how old Barry is, there is a non-zero chance that I saw him working in his duck suit.

That said, Stew Senior did a stint in jail for tax evasion (supposedly one of the registers wasn't hooked up to the accounting system for like 10 years), but he took the fall to prevent his son from going to jail, so I guess that's cool.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Conservative B

I genuinely can't tell if this is serious or not

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Mr. Squishy posted:

Conservative B

That desperately needs the "Ker-BLACK" bit from the drunky duck edit.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pomp posted:

I genuinely can't tell if this is serious or not

Flugennock posted:

It’s worth noting that in the current wave of protest following the Inauguration, the most effective and inspiring actions have been spontaneous and organic, organized and carried out by real grassroots outfits, many of whom were anarchists and other militant antifascists.

“Pussy Hats”, smarmy focus-grouped slogans, a Facebook group and a 501(c)3 are not “resistance”. Just so you know.

No, he seems quite serious.

Also, pot legalization is a big thing for him.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anarchist and right wing anarchist are similar.
Apparently that redneck guy that don't want to pay taxes, and that weed smoking liberal that don't want to pay taxes hate each another.
Is good to be anti-establishement when you vote a guy that vowed to "drain the swamp", but is bad to be anti-establishement wen left wing people want to "drain the swamp".

Maybe is a tribal mater more than a political one.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Selachian posted:

No, he seems quite serious.

Also, pot legalization is a big thing for him.

Flugennock posted:

Y'know, if any of us on the REAL Left actually gave a rat's rear end about that big phony (Elizabeth Warren), we'd be really bugged right now.

Mike Flugennock is the most obnoxious prick on the left. Even more so than Rall which is quite the feat. Seriously, attacking Warren? :fuckoff:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He also did this, which had me guessing for a bit

• Locked thread