Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Man you guys are just not thinking of the proper drama potential here!

Yelling to everyone about more clans coming just leads to too much of a straight up slugging fight, we can get those anywhere! It's way way more fun for all involved when you're both coopting former enemies while also creating the perfect strategic conditions for Cappellan Skynet to backstab the other less prepared half of the sphere!

Besides, this is Steiner rules destiny

Vote option 4 today!

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

Defiance Industries posted:

Well the Regulan version has a lot more knife fights

FWL News Group arguments

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

I can't tell for sure, but 6 appears to be ahead by like a couple of votes!

This is going to be a close one, unless PTN allows a combo.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Considering he said "they're mutually exclusive for a reason", I think it's well past time to stop pondering this idea that we can do both.

Also, voting for 4.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir has convinced me that Steiners need to punch together:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

I'm waiting for my favorite soap opera about the Jade Falcon invasion "As the World Terns"

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

The family that duels together stays together

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PhotoKirk posted:

"As the World Terns"

Ok That was great rofl :golfclap:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I vote 6.

Shotaro
Apr 22, 2010

The Lyrans and their local enemies in the Clans have been a strange frenemy-building relationship since it started; let's make it official!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

This is going to be a close one, unless PTN allows a combo.

I've already said they're mutually exclusive for a reason.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Make my vote be for 6 then I guess.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

In the Phoenix Command LP, there has been the suggestion of a big melee thunderdome to decide who gets the leadership position.

That's right. Goons in a super groggy wargame just independently decided a Trial of Position was the smartest thing to do.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Zaodai posted:

In the Phoenix Command LP, there has been the suggestion of a big melee thunderdome to decide who gets the leadership position.

That's right. Goons in a super groggy wargame just independently decided a Trial of Position was the smartest thing to do.

They probably just want to blow each other up. :) All fun and games until a headcap (well, that would be fun too, just roll up another one).

I suggested a death match once for a D&D spot and it was interpreted as some sort of antisocial atrocity. I shouldn't have apologized to those misinterpreting lunks. ;p

Looks like 4 has got it by a couple votes.

Let's analyze why they're mutually exclusive... Perhaps 6 is a rallying cry against the clans in general and makes an alliance with the Steel Viper alliance impossible?

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 18, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Phoenix Command ToP is tentatively set for anybody participating to be rigid plate armor and having melee weapons of their choice.

My character is currently sitting out from having been shot in the knee cap (and then succeeding on a 2% roll to not pass out, and headshotting the guy who shot him), so he won't be taking part. But it should be a grand ol' time for all our future Star Captains. :D

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Zaodai posted:

The Phoenix Command ToP is tentatively set for anybody participating to be rigid plate armor and having melee weapons of their choice.

My character is currently sitting out from having been shot in the knee cap (and then succeeding on a 2% roll to not pass out, and headshotting the guy who shot him), so he won't be taking part. But it should be a grand ol' time for all our future Star Captains. :D

:0 that's an amazing clutch.

Thought it was mechs, but this looks real nice and groggy. Good luck!
(I'll try to learn the rules set before I apply.)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
This vote is waaay too close for comfort; I actually care about this one, because, Steiner.

RA Rx posted:

Let's analyze why they're mutually exclusive... Perhaps 6 is a rallying cry against the clans in general and makes an alliance with the Steel Viper alliance impossible?

That's actually a good point, not sure why its mutual exclusive exactly.

Perhaps you're right, one 4 is Steiner and Serpents fighting off the next wave to preserve their homes; 6 is Spheroids vs. Clanners?

Unless its as simple as 'Go find your own fight, Hanse!'

Also, do we know of the new invasion corridors? Some of it must grow through the Drac part of the Drac-Suns; wouldn't it be at least neighborly to tell Poppa Fox?

CourValant fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 18, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RA Rx posted:

:0 that's an amazing clutch.

Thought it was mechs, but this looks real nice and groggy. Good luck!
(I'll try to learn the rules set before I apply.)

Both that LP and the Strike Command one are more Dwarf-Fortressy in their sign ups. You pick a character name and a preferred role, but the GM does the actual playing. We vote on loadouts and action plans and stuff though. They're pretty cool. But I digress, I'm not here to shill for other LPs. I just thought it was funny that in here we laugh at how silly the Clan thought process is and yet in another LP we unironically recommend a Trial of Position type fight to solve our dispute.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think 4 implies some pretty heavy concessions ie. recognition of the status quo borders. That's not something Steiner can sell internally or to the rest of the inner sphere while trying to rally them.

e: anyway my vote is 1. It's subtly the most interesting.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 18, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zaodai posted:

Both that LP and the Strike Command one are more Dwarf-Fortressy in their sign ups. You pick a character name and a preferred role, but the GM does the actual playing. We vote on loadouts and action plans and stuff though. They're pretty cool. But I digress, I'm not here to shill for other LPs. I just thought it was funny that in here we laugh at how silly the Clan thought process is and yet in another LP we unironically recommend a Trial of Position type fight to solve our dispute.

Admittedly, a bunch of dumbass dropout 18 year old mercenaries with no oversight, minimal weapons and gear, and their commanding officer being an escaped mental patient who thinks he's multiple Kurt Russel characters are held to a kinda lower bar than the average actual army.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Night10194 posted:

Admittedly, a bunch of dumbass dropout 18 year old mercenaries with no oversight, minimal weapons and gear, and their commanding officer being an escaped mental patient who thinks he's multiple Kurt Russel characters are held to a kinda lower bar than the average actual army.

He's still a more sane leader than a Kerensky.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zaodai posted:

That's not that surprising, since it's entertaining regardless of whether or not it is the smart way to spend forces.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zaodai posted:

Lowest of all bars.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Zaodai posted:

Night10194 posted:

Lowest of all bars.

Let's be fair here, Kerensky the Elder commanded the entirety of the SLDF and put down both the periphery rebellion and the Amaris Coup.

Whether or not you agree with the Exodus, his troops had enough respect for his command to jump into oblivion with him.

All source material points to him as being a competent, professional, and beloved military commander.

The crazy didn't happen until he found himself at the edge of the abyss, and even then, its was after a) he died and b) Niki took one in the head.

Alternate Universe Kerensky (i.e., ilKlan Natasha), that's a difference matter altogether.

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007
After heavily overthinking this, I'm going with 6) Release the news of the second Clan invasion to the entire Inner Sphere.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

CourValant posted:

Also, do we know of the new invasion corridors? Some of it must grow through the Drac part of the Drac-Suns; wouldn't it be at least neighborly to tell Poppa Fox?

For most neighbours, sure. For Hanse, the actual neighbourly thing is to get some popcorn and laugh.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CourValant posted:

Let's be fair here, Kerensky the Elder commanded the entirety of the SLDF and put down both the periphery rebellion and the Amaris Coup.

Whether or not you agree with the Exodus, his troops had enough respect for his command to jump into oblivion with him.

All source material points to him as being a competent, professional, and beloved military commander.

The crazy didn't happen until he found himself at the edge of the abyss, and even then, its was after a) he died and b) Niki took one in the head.

Alternate Universe Kerensky (i.e., ilKlan Natasha), that's a difference matter altogether.

Not THAT professional, he promoted his brain-damaged son to the rank of Major General. His decision to elevate Nicholas casts a negative light over every decision he made on the way to the Exodus, now that we know he intended to implement dynastic succession for his position rather than having it pass to his immediate subordinate. Also, his failure to designate a clear second who could fill the gap after DeChevelier's death contributed greatly to the Pentagon Worlds disintegrating along with the military structure of the Star League-in-Exile. I don't know if it's a coincidence that his most recent art (from Liberation of Terra) looks exactly like Putin.

Furthermore, the entire Amaris Coup wouldn't have happened if he didn't do such a bad job as Regent. All those events were predicated on Kerensky neglecting the governance of the Hegemony in favor of the SLDF and neglecting Richard Cameron's development as a leader.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 18, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Defiance Industries posted:

Furthermore, the entire Amaris Coup wouldn't have happened if he didn't do such a bad job as Regent.

Actually, I never got that part; he's a solider, not a babysitter, why would anyone think he'd do a good job raising a Cameron?

He could have been Regent without having the sole responsibility of molding the next leader of the Star League.

In any event, let's not argue about the efficacy of a fictional character in a Stompy Robot Combat setting; I just didn't want to see another setting character reduced to a 'one-liner pile-on'.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Call it the Freedom of Information Act :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Great Beer posted:

Call it the Freedom of Information Act :v:

Sounds like a good way to immediately get murdered by ComStar.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Zaodai posted:

What are they gonna do about it? Nothin. gently caress comstar, anarchy in the inner sphere!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zaodai posted:

and the players would get to run that scenario, a win-win?

I have no idea which to vote for, really. I know 4 and 6 have a ton of traction and for good reason, but hmmm

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Psion posted:

I have no idea which to vote for, really. I know 4 and 6 have a ton of traction and for good reason, but hmmm

What would it take to get you in a 'six' today? (smile)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Zaodai posted:

I feel like this is more a call to break comstar than anything else. But then we wouldn't have holy space AT&T!

Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

vorebane posted:

I feel like this is more a call to break comstar than anything else. But then we wouldn't have holy space AT&T!

A call to break ComStar is exactly the reason it would get you murdered. ComStar doesn't like you having freedom, and it doesn't like you having information. Having Freedom of Information is right out.

• Locked thread