Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

what I wanna know is which thing that goku should already know will tien teach him by kicking his rear end

will he blow up the ring or will piccolo teach him that move. krillin already brought out the solar flare so that's tien's entire bag of useful tricks run dry

Multi-form obviously, the ultimate move for a guy in a battle royale that has to hold back for fear of killing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Multi-form obviously, the ultimate move for a guy in a battle royale that has to hold back for fear of killing people.

That way they can fill half the episode with flashbacks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku demonstrated why that move sucks rear end like 20 years ago

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

Tien will demonstrate what training for 20 years on its improvement has accomplished

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a small army of Tiens throwing down solar flare after solar flare along with dozens of afterimages each while spewing ki ko hos around like he was starting his own goddamn terraforming business onto Goku's face, forever

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

Tien will demonstrate what training for 20 years on its improvement has accomplished

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a small army of Tiens throwing down solar flare after solar flare along with dozens of afterimages each while spewing ki ko hos around like he was starting his own goddamn terraforming business onto Goku's face, forever

and after all that its just as if Goku got a massage and a tan.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kild posted:

and after all that its just as if Goku got a massage and a tan.

Well yeah exactly he'll be gurgling WAKU WAKU with every blast that shoves him down into the Pit but the point is if we're going to bullshit this then let the guy be able to solo an entire universe team by himself

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Jedah posted:

:agreed:

Tien uses Kikoho x 100 against SSB Goku, which knocks him into a pit.

Tien has mastered Afterimage x 100. And like above said, all 100 can Solar Flare and ki ko hello at the same time.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yes-It splits his power in 4.

Given Goku has been ORDERED to go all-out or risk his universe being vanished immediately, but he can't go all out due to potential death, this is perfect for him.

And remember the point is to blow them out of the ring. 'Make your own hole' and/or push them right out of bounds seems like a decent fit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The arena seems pretty heavy duty I'm not sure Tien will be able to blow chunks out of it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't Goku just instant transmission everyone out of the ring?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku wants a good fight, not to win

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

Can't Goku just instant transmission everyone out of the ring?

He can only do that once, as he would ring himself out as well.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rutibex posted:

He can only do that once, as he would ring himself out as well.

Fully expect him to do this with Jiran near the end/if things get dicey.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That wouldn't make for a good fight. Zeno wants a good fight. Otherwise, poo poo goes boom.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tien has figured out how to use Shin Kikoho without draining his life force, my sources say

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dias posted:

That wouldn't make for a good fight. Zeno wants a good fight. Otherwise, poo poo goes boom.

Yeah but I think a lot of this arc will end up showing Zeno that he WON'T get a good fight when it comes down to the last of the desperate, 200% adrenaline mode, exhausted, and borderline psychotic fighters who will be screaming their loved one's names to not die as they try to out-canny each other into divine execution like feral dogs. With this price on the line, there won't be any joy or moments like Hit and Goku or Vegeta and Cabba, the love of the fight and the duel, it'll just be ants scrambling to be the one cupped in the hands of God while his foot smashes the rest of them as the Grand Angel pours molten lead into their universe nests.

Somewhere in the afterlife beyond the afterlife, Zamasu gets a boner.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Tien has figured out how to use Shin Kikoho without draining his life force, my sources say

I mean has it ever really come up? the whole "it uses my life force" thing lost meaning when all he does with the attack is spam it to slightly inconvenience but otherwise not damage the current arc villain while at the same time never being affected by the loss of "life force"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ekusukariba posted:

I mean has it ever really come up? the whole "it uses my life force" thing lost meaning when all he does with the attack is spam it to slightly inconvenience but otherwise not damage the current arc villain while at the same time never being affected by the loss of "life force"

Not since they had Senzu Beans as always on-hand Max Potions, but IIRC Tien died after using the Kikoho on Nappa.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

17 could make beerus his bitch if he felt like it

makes u think

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Could he?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurora posted:

Could he?

Last I checked 17 had infinite energy, something not even Beerus has.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Infinite energy probably doesn't mean much when you can be literally deleted from existance

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

Infinite energy probably doesn't mean much when you can be literally deleted from existance

17s shield is unbreakable, even to Hakai.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Android 17 is the ultimate shield, Android 18 is the ultimate sword. Together they can defeat any foe except Cell because Cell is the Ultimate Lifeform. It's obvious if you read my fanfiction.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Android 16 was the ultimate suit of armor, Android 13 was the ultimate trucker hat.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The games have often had an 'android barrier' for 17 and 18, but I forget whether 17 or 18 ever deployed it in Z.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bloodly posted:

The games have often had an 'android barrier' for 17 and 18, but I forget whether 17 or 18 ever deployed it in Z.

17 did it to block the Hellzone Grenade didn't he?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymCx2xmGCR8

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't surprise me if Tien knocks himself out of the tourny by Shin Kikoho himself to death.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In the first 5 minutes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tien's going to prove his mettle and impress the poo poo out of Goku by finally defeating Jackie Chun.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
After giving Buu two victories, I'm thinking he'll be an early Knock Out.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Here's how I think it'll play out: most likely at least 1/3 of the contestants would be immediately gunning for Goku. Let them. While he's running around the edge of the arena, a troop of u7 fighters could easily pick off most of them. Tien might be collateral damage here.
Buu is likely to get rekt, because who cares. 17 will probably get rekt by some crazy threat to show how much of a threat they are [edit: probably Jiren.] Krillin will probably solar flare his way through at least 4-5 opponents, and then get ringed out by some sneak attack. 18'll make it through because she's pretty tourney savvy [edit: and by ringing out whoever took out Krillin.] Roshi will probably also make it through with some trickery.
Piccolo will get ringed out defending Gohan [but he'll defeat Frost.] Goku and Vegeta will probably both double ring out by Jiren and Girl Brolli. Gohan will probably beat the Pride Troop in a pose off/fight, and ultimately come through because Goku believes in him.

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 18, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Frieza will show up, again, and blow up the planet

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheKingofSprings posted:

Last I checked 17 had infinite energy, something not even Beerus has.

We've never actually seen Beerus fight super seriously. During Battle of Gods he was sandbagging the entire time, and even sandbagging he nearly blew up the universe by virtue of how hard he was punching Goku. He'd probably give Beerus a nice warmup, though, given that he was able to go pretty decently against SSB.

As an aside, I really love how Beerus can effectively flip flop between "lazy gluttonous idiot comic relief clown" and "terrifying menace" and have it actually stick, sometimes within the same scene.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slightly Absurd posted:

Gohan will probably beat the Pride Troop in a pose off/fight, and ultimately come through because Goku believes in him.

Was with you up to here.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Jedah posted:

:agreed:

Tien uses Kikoho x 100 against SSB Goku, which knocks him into a pit.

Tien being the MVP by hole punching the floor and ring-outing people one by one would be glorious, but it'd never happen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Angel Dad: Stop putting holes in my floors!

Tien: NEEEEEEEVEEEEEEER

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sassassin posted:

Was with you up to here.

swap Goku with Piccolo and you're good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

What sort of magic is this? It sounds like the Funimation dub, but has the original score? Is that how they did Kai or something? I haven't watched any of that.

• Locked thread