Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hell yeah more elections let's loving run this poo poo into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

current labour election status: EXTREMELY GOOD CANT WAIT LETS DO THIS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/854272269748772864

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/hansmollman/status/854274661600956416

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao UK

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

lmao

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/853923328964390912

*extremely momentum voice* this is good... for jer!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

things can only get better™

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

so who replaces corbyn

i've been asking this for years and all i get from the hamprinces of the world is *mumbling into hand*

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
They want Tony Blair.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

if they had a tony blair he'd have replaced corbyn by now

they're not getting another tony blair

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

and before anyone says "oh well his successor will campaign on being pro-eu" lmao

brexit has 55% support, a blairite would have done the same thing corbyn is doing and support it, and blairites are cucks who will do what the media wants (which is brexit)

and even then, they tried being racist in 2015 and it didn't work

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Forums Terrorist posted:

if they had a tony blair he'd have replaced corbyn by now

they're not getting another tony blair

No, no, no - they don't want another Tony Blair. They want Noted War Criminal Tony Blair.

They just don't like admitting it.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

well no one else likes blair lol so

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fallen Hamprince posted:

since the fixed term parliament act of 2011, a two-thirds majority or a vote of no confidence is required to call an early election. my understanding however is that only a simple majority is needed to repeal the act, meaning May could just repeal the act and dissolve parliament just like the old days

It's all irrelevant anyway since both Labour and the Lib Dems have said they will vote for elections anyway. TBF everyone said that FTPA was poo poo at the time anyway for exactly this reason.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Forums Terrorist posted:

so who replaces corbyn

i've been asking this for years and all i get from the hamprinces of the world is *mumbling into hand*

a duffle bag full of cockroaches would probably poll better than corbyn at this point

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

so that's another vote for *mumbling into hand* then

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Labour MP's choosing not to stand, speculation it will be a lot of them.

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/854284694174785536

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYNk-YjVZw

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lmao he looks like a my summer car npc

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a duffle bag full of cockroaches would probably poll better than corbyn at this point

fallen hamprince, do you still think melenchon is super racist?

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

MAY UNBUTTONS MY PANTS AND SEES THE REPUBLIC LOOPED AROUND MY VOTE. SHE LOOKS UP AT ME, BUT ITS TOO LATE. IM ALREADY HOLLERIN ABOUT THE POLIS

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hamprince posting algorithm:

>find prevailing opinion
>"i disagree" but more fishmech

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

anyone who thinks labour just needs The Right Leader to beat the tories is loving deluded.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Le Pen will show the Turks what democracy really is.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

R. Mute posted:

anyone who thinks labour just needs The Right Leader to beat the tories is loving deluded.

The only good thing about all this so far is all the labour neolibs purging themselves in a hissy fit

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Melenchon only wants the top bracket at 90% not 100. Not sure why there's been that discrepancy from French to English media.

Also Jez is Labour's best chance of winning in the UK which just shows what an awful place it is.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

If labour is polling at half of what the tories are with the Correct Leader, what should they change instead

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

be more racist

oh word? that's not palatable ? gently caress you, ~electability~ lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Badger of Basra posted:

If labour is polling at half of what the tories are with the Correct Leader, what should they change instead

imo, stop stabbing your leader in the back with coups and other poo poo?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

Nothing. The UK is a poo poo country full of old people who will vote for their own demise and the young are self-absorbed enough to vote for the Lib Dems.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Condiv posted:

imo, stop stabbing your leader in the back with coups and other poo poo?

That too.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i mean, it seems to me like trying to depose your leader right in the middle of one of the biggest tory fuckups ever is a huge tactical error, but maybe that's just me :shrug:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Badger of Basra posted:

It's because the neoliberals in the Labour party would literally rather lose than win on an actual left wing platform

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Badger of Basra posted:

Hiring assassins to target the tabloid owners would be about their only chance of victory.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Condiv posted:

i mean, it seems to me like trying to depose your leader right in the middle of one of the biggest tory fuckups ever is a huge tactical error, but maybe that's just me :shrug:

Is it a Tory fuckup if you then vote for it

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Perhaps the real reason Labour MPs wanted to get rid of Corbyn is that he's loving terrible at his job

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Perhaps the real reason Labour MPs wanted to get rid of Corbyn is that he's loving terrible at his job

they all are too though so i'm not sure what your point is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Slime TrainerS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/854285149063716864

• Locked thread