Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also after fan's lovely reaction to a potential gay character in a previous series, Bryan Fuller has also announced that they're absolutely going to include a gay character. :v: :v: :v:

Am I blind, or does that article not substantiate its LGBT-character claim in the 10-points thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Am I blind, or does that article not substantiate its LGBT-character claim in the 10-points thing?

That article is from 2016 and I am fairly certain that Bryan Fuller has 'left' the series, also. I hope the things he talks about remain, however.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Data Graham posted:

Well you see first he started falling over, then he fell over.

It looks more like he gave up on skateboarding as a profession and then decided to charge at a parked car in angry disappointment.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Subjunctive posted:

It's the weirdest layout for an article. The headline is "10 things we know about the next Star Trek" and the introductory paragraphs are talking about how there's definitely going to be a gay character and then they go "And here's 10 other things we know about the show!"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Takoluka posted:

It looks more like he gave up on skateboarding as a profession and then decided to charge at a parked car in angry disappointment.

In reality, he slipped on the pool of butter that seeps from his pores instead of sweat.

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Apr 18, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Millennial Sexlord posted:

In reality, he slipped on the pool of butter that seeps from his veins instead of sweat.

If sweat seeps from your veins, you may want to have that looked at.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Don't mind me just fixing a sign.

https://gfycat.com/CloseElaborateBorer

Hope I embedded this correctly.

E: it broke tables so I guess I'll just leave it as a link.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Takoluka posted:

I don't even understand the physics of how it happened.

I once saw a lady faceplant after tripping on a tiny twig that was laying on the ground. She just stepped on it with her toes, it was maybe 1/2" diameter and 3" long, and somehow that threw her off her kilter and it took almost 5 seconds between "I stepped on a twig" to "I'm goin down!" It was one of the most bizarre things I'd seen at my job.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

If sweat seeps from your veins, you may want to have that looked at.

Posting from phones sucks

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Posting from phones sucks

Posting from phones makes you forget that sweat doesn't come from your veins?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oooh new thread title and tag. Good choice.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Picnic Princess posted:

I once saw a lady faceplant after tripping on a tiny twig that was laying on the ground. She just stepped on it with her toes, it was maybe 1/2" diameter and 3" long, and somehow that threw her off her kilter and it took almost 5 seconds between "I stepped on a twig" to "I'm goin down!" It was one of the most bizarre things I'd seen at my job.

5 seconds? Pssh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x84GKqcpY4E

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Posting from phones makes you forget that sweat doesn't come from your veins?

Pores auto corrected to veins. Don't ask why.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Zernach has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Apr 18, 2017

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

That's a good way to drunk up your cat?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mikl posted:

I don't particularly care about it, in my work I see dead / bloody / disemboweled animals p.often. But since this is PYF and not BYOB, some other people might neither expect not want to see animal guts first thing in the morning. Have some common courtesy and don't be a jerk.

What the gently caress do you think happens in BYOB?! :psyduck:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pores auto corrected to veins. Don't ask why.

gently caress you, I am literally asking why.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

ante posted:

trickybiscuits posted:

Schadenfreude Thread: I don't usually hate babies but this one made me irrationally angry.
This gives me a warm feeling, in my heart.

Heh.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gently caress you, I am literally asking why.
Not sure if it happened to them, but if they are on Android and use the Google keyboard, it does some really weird predictive autocorrect occasionally, particularly on certain turns of phrase.

For example, when I typed "turns" there, it autocorrected it to "Tues" despite that I'd actually typed "turns" accurately, and when I first started using it, it loved to autocorrect contractions with "n't" at the end to just remove the "n't", usually giving the sentence the opposite meaning from what I'd intended. That last part fixed itself after a couple times of telling it that I actually meant to type a contraction, but I could see how that could get autocorrected.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

food court bailiff posted:

What the gently caress do you think happens in BYOB?! :psyduck:

Doesn't it stand for Bring Your Own Bodies?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Azathoth posted:

Not sure if it happened to them, but if they are on Android and use the Google keyboard, it does some really weird predictive autocorrect occasionally, particularly on certain turns of phrase.

For example, when I typed "turns" there, it autocorrected it to "Tues" despite that I'd actually typed "turns" accurately, and when I first started using it, it loved to autocorrect contractions with "n't" at the end to just remove the "n't", usually giving the sentence the opposite meaning from what I'd intended. That last part fixed itself after a couple times of telling it that I actually meant to type a contraction, but I could see how that could get autocorrected.

And who the gently caress asked you to play the piano?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Precisely this happened.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And who the gently caress asked you to play the piano?
Mrs. Weisenhunt in the 4th grade, but I wasn't very good and it was an embarrassing experience, so I'll thank you not to bring it up again.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
There are some pretty good tweets from the reporter who's doing a write-up from the courtroom btw:
https://twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854350120128839680
https://twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854350731415105537

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Apraxin posted:

There are some pretty good tweets from the reporter who's doing a write-up from the courtroom btw:

Oh course he had a big lunch, THE MAN LIKES TO EAT!!!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Apraxin posted:

I hope they outright ask him "do you believe the poo poo you spew on-air?" while he's under oath. Then he either has to say no, which will cause his crazy fans to disown him, or say yes which will completely gently caress up his custody bid. Bonus if he says no, then later goes on air and says "don't worry guys, I lied to THE MAN" and gets whacked with perjury.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Azathoth posted:

My phone corrects "around" to "arundel" on a regular basis, and I have never used that word in my life.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

SubponticatePoster posted:

I hope they outright ask him "do you believe the poo poo you spew on-air?" while he's under oath. Then he either has to say no, which will cause his crazy fans to disown him, or say yes which will completely gently caress up his custody bid. Bonus if he says no, then later goes on air and says "don't worry guys, I lied to THE MAN" and gets whacked with perjury.

I have a feeling they will go line by line over all the crazy poo poo hes said, and ask him if he believes it to be true.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

That's quite the defense, since he did this on the way to court:
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/854386005117415425
I can't imagine his ex-wife's lawyer having a better day than this for some time.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
"I was playing a character!" is the same thing that Bam's uncle "Don Vito" said when he groped a couple of 12 year old girls.

It didn't work for him either.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/854404618532642817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
He's been a conservative institution since the Clinton years. That they're even considering this is astonishing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Soak it in, we've been waiting like a decade for this.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I see a new press secretary once Spicer self-combusts....

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
You cant contain this double chin, collar

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rip in pieces

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/854407697357193217

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
The advertisers, the money — they come in and they goes out. It always goes in, then it goes out. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pastry of the Year posted:

My phone corrects "around" to "arundel" on a regular basis, and I have never used that word in my life.

Your phone's been hacked by the Quebecois. Sorry bout that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Your phone's been hacked by the Quebecois. Sorry bout that.

after the 70s, pro-independent-Quebec partisans had to go really, really underground in their methods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

What