Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Business Gorillas posted:

The alternate suck zone is zoux, fishmech, and bi now gay later screaming at TBS until cspam gets means tested

welcum to hell :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Clinton 2020: Just as a heads up, there should be a semicolon there. Also, you aren't getting social security

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if you want a window into the alt-universe where bernie lost the general:

axeil posted:

If you have no skills or abilities you should be taken care and shouldn't be allowed to starve but that's it. A base level of being taken care of, not luxury. You should not have the same standard of living as people who provide value to society.

The good news is that most everyone has a comparative advantage at something and most people want to be productive members of society. If we work to eliminate how crucial your parents' starting wealth/race is more people will find success in areas they are good at.

I will never endorse a system that provides the same standard of living to every single person, regardless of talent or ability. Or put more simply, I will never endorse a communist system because it misunderstands basic human nature. There will always be haves and have nots, the goal is to not have the "have nots" be "starve to death" and the "haves" be "own your own private army".

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the NYT and Wapo do the same poo poo over and over, and people pretend to be mad at any one paper at any given time as if it mattered.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Condiv posted:

if you want a window into the alt-universe where bernie lost the general:

the rise of the competitive masturbation circuit w/$100,000 payouts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zeal posted:

was your grandma an entitled old rich person with no moral compass?

my dad briefly married (for a year) into a waspy as gently caress new englandy liberal family that somehow settled in oregon and they were some of the absolute worst. Real "children dont speak at the dinner table" types so i can tell why people who come from families like that loving hate hillary clinton

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

my dad briefly married (for a year) into a waspy as gently caress new englandy liberal family that somehow settled in oregon and they were some of the absolute worst. Real "children dont speak at the dinner table" types so i can tell why people who come from families like that loving hate hillary clinton

one of my grandparents was a racist pole from racist little poland in chicago and his mom was killed by a black person in a mugging so for the last like 70 years he's the type to roll down his window and scream racial slurs at black people for no reason

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
now he's struggling to not die alone and some members of the extended family care for some reason lol

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im pretty okay with people getting some basic allotment by virtue of having a pulse but getting more stuff if they work more/harder/better

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

a gun in every hand n a broad for every man!!!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mormonpartyboat posted:

now he's struggling to not die alone and some members of the extended family care for some reason lol

Why doesn't he just reverse mortgage or sell his life insurance payout or whatever

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

so is this book out yet or is this all just from advance copies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Im selling big plastic pins that say DONT

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

False advertising should be illegal

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

lol

i'm pretty certain this book is gonna be full of half-true blame shifting by people who want to look good (lol benenson claiming he was 'sidelined'), but that's entertaining in and of itself.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Condiv posted:

False advertising should be illegal

Not seen: On the back of the shirt are crossed fingers.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I believe that the people who contribute to society by sharing their ideas and generally being cool should get a higher standard of living than the people who shackle themselves to a soulless corporation for all the days of their life.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

docbeard posted:

I believe that the people who contribute to society by sharing their ideas and generally being cool should get a higher standard of living than the people who shackle themselves to a soulless corporation for all the days of their life.

what if it's a soulful corporation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

docbeard posted:

I believe the workers of the world should unite, myself

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/854151707093348353

Are the dems actually serious about wanting to take back power? :chloe:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

docbeard posted:

An unironic call for "Idea Guy" to be a real job title.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
hey guys millenial berniebro hhere. did yall just have an election or something? too busy harassing women on twitter to really keep up haha. can someone break it down with videogame analogies?

like, who was Big Boss in all of this and why didn't hillary use her megalixirs?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

MizPiz posted:

An unironic call for "Idea Guy" to be a real job title.

Actually I'm p sure he was being ironic

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

Actually I'm p sure he was being ironic

Waiting in court for hours really fucks with you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who the gently caress is matt stoller

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Clinton 2020: It Can Happen

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

they've, like, spent tons in that race

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if hes talking about the Grimm piece on the front page of Huffpo then i have no idea what hes on about

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

fits my needs posted:

Why doesn't he just reverse mortgage or sell his life insurance payout or whatever

its not money thats a problem, he's just an incredible piece of poo poo

like he has(?) a housekeeper, but one of the family members suggested paying her for all the help she does re: medical issues and driving him to/from the hospital and whatnot since she only gets paid for like 4 hours of cleaning/week right now, and that got him so mad that he decided to not let her in the house

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

"We have the most progressive platform in history, and we're terrified that people might expect us to implement it"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

if hes talking about the Grimm piece on the front page of Huffpo then i have no idea what hes on about

the piece said that national dems weren't going to spend in the race when they thought ossoff was likely to miss the runoff so that turns into "they tried to ignore"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

the piece said that national dems weren't going to spend in the race when they thought ossoff was likely to miss the runoff so that turns into "they tried to ignore"

weird who would have thought they'd find a reason to complain when the DNC did exactly what they wanted them to in this situation.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The party should be building local infrastructure, hiring people, opening offices etc. to create long term presence under the plan it nominally follows. If an election, albeit a long-shot one, isn't an excuse to do that, then what is.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/854336864479793152

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

they've, like, spent tons in that race

I think you missed the word try.

Concerned Citizen posted:

Why would they not spend in the race? What part of 50-state strategy do you mush-heads not grasp? Not 48, not 49 plus most of the counties in one state, 50 states, all levels, dems being run and supported

Condiv has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Apr 18, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Look, you just don't understand the intricacies of the 50ish State Strategy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
adopt the obama campaign's 57 state strategy imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007