Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

nine-gear crow posted:

Why do I get the awful feeling that this chapter of Monster Pulse is gonna see Maugras strangling Lulenski in a fit of righteous indignation when he finally finds out about all the horrible poo poo she's either unleashed, been a party to, or is currently working on?

As sympathetic as they both are, Rjinder and Lulenski are both really lovely people and I want to see them get their comeuppance for basically, well, "All of Monster Pulse thus far" in one form or another.

maugras is now doomed, imo
i'm just not sure if rjinder will kill him or lulenski will, i'm leaning lulenski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

maugras is now doomed, imo
i'm just not sure if rjinder will kill him or lulenski will, i'm leaning lulenski

Oh, definitely, there is no way that little trinity is coming out of this chapter with all three of them still alive at this point. Like, I'm hoping Maugras gets out alive, but Magnolia has gotten really good at not pulling her punches lately. My money's more on Rjinder killing him, but Lulenski's been a loving dark horse in the "wait, is she really gonna go there?" department, so who knows.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh, definitely, there is no way that little trinity is coming out of this chapter with all three of them still alive at this point. Like, I'm hoping Maugras gets out alive, but Magnolia has gotten really good at not pulling her punches lately. My money's more on Rjinder killing him, but Lulenski's been a loving dark horse in the "wait, is she really gonna go there?" department, so who knows.

I think for all of Rjinder's problems, Lulenski is definitely worse. If this ends in murder, it's probably her killing Maugras, and then she'll blame Rjinder for it and possibly try to kill him too.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Where exactly is Octopus Pie going?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

isn't the whole point of it of that it's always going nowhere, much like its aimless self-absorbed twentysomething-baristas-with-a-nice-apartment-in-New-York characters

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

isn't the whole point of it of that it's always going nowhere, much like its aimless self-absorbed twentysomething-baristas-with-a-nice-apartment-in-New-York characters

I'm pretty sure they all explicitly have terrible apartments? Except possibly Marigold, who now has a nice place because she's moving up the corporate ladder.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

it's going to end.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

I think for all of Rjinder's problems, Lulenski is definitely worse. If this ends in murder, it's probably her killing Maugras, and then she'll blame Rjinder for it and possibly try to kill him too.

yeah, my read is that rjinder is amoral because all he cares about is doing more spooky ghost science for [reasons unknown], without much concern over how many people's lives get ruined in the process, whereas lulenski has been steadily building a house of lies because she straight-up doesn't want to face the consequences of her actions

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh my god Poppy :kimchi:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Leslie from Dumbing of Age is like, a terrible teacher, right? Am I wrong in thinking this?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FunkyAl posted:

Dumbing of Age is like [...] terrible

the answer is yes

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

Leslie from Dumbing of Age is like, a terrible teacher, right? Am I wrong in thinking this?

A 38 year old straight guy who hasn't left his house since his kids were born can't write a believable 20-something lesbian gender studies professor to save his life, but that won't stop him from trying!

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 20, 2017

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Oh god he's multiplying :gonk:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

i'd take more dave williss.. willises? willi? any day over more say, aaron diaz

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Straight White Shark posted:

I just don't get how you would go about actually impregnating a Transformer

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AriadneThread posted:

i'd take more dave williss.. willises? willi? any day over more say, aaron diaz

Diaz can't have kids until he finds his real life waifu by lurking in the Legend of Korra cosplay scene.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Man, I still remember when Diaz was just a regular old forums shitposter. (ezBoards, not here)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

TCJ had a review of Hemlock: http://hemlock.smackjeeves.com/ (review: http://www.tcj.com/reviews/hemlock/) and after reading through it I can say: it's really good. (There's a couple of big pauses in the archives, and apparently the author has a day job, but: that's the webcomicking life).

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hemlock is really good

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Leslie was cool but now she's gotten self-destructive and clingy, which is kind of a common Willis character trait

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
never satisfied is really good atm

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh my god Poppy :kimchi:

woah poppy

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Never Satisfied is pretty much always good imo.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Now that's using your head, Poppy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Last night we were listening to the radio in the car on the way home, and my wife asked me why I liked "Love is a Battlefield".

I had absolutely no idea how to tell her it was because the chorus was featured in a comic about a Star Trek art museum curator as the punchline of a specific interpretation of an alien sculpture, wherein the broadcasting of the combination of the image of the sculpture and the interpretation thereof would crash the brain of nearly every living being, except for said curator and a hideous bugman, without looking like a bit of a twat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

neogeo0823 posted:

Now that's using your head, Poppy.

I see Petunia subscribes to the Miyamoto Musashi "be an incredible bastard" school of combat

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I see Petunia subscribes to the Miyamoto Musashi "be an incredible bastard" school of combat
If it ain't broke, don't smash it between Boris' fists.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Phy posted:

Last night we were listening to the radio in the car on the way home, and my wife asked me why I liked "Love is a Battlefield".

I had absolutely no idea how to tell her it was because the chorus was featured in a comic about a Star Trek art museum curator as the punchline of a specific interpretation of an alien sculpture, wherein the broadcasting of the combination of the image of the sculpture and the interpretation thereof would crash the brain of nearly every living being, except for said curator and a hideous bugman, without looking like a bit of a twat.

Try putting it on top of your head first!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

what the gently caress is going on in alice grove

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Safari Disco Lion posted:

wizards

Gandalf had buried the Balrog under the Moria, but now the Balrog climbed back out and is attacking Gandalf again.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

how on earth could the art get worse from this:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
So when is Marvel going to sue him over the nightcrawler copyright?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pavlov posted:

So when is Marvel going to sue him over the nightcrawler copyright?

soon i hope

maybe we should help marvel

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Look, if people who draw four-panel comics about twentysomethings doing cute repartee at each other for over a decade decide to try to branch out and start drawing action scenes, I think it's our responsibility to encourage them.

I don't know what's up with the blue guy, either, though, although apparently he's old enough to have had sex before.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Look, I don't art, but if I did, I'd like to think I'd at least look up how to do color palettes after 10 years of it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Setting aside the garbage fire art and the story that ever so conveniently never explains literally anything so it's all mysterious and ominous, it was kind of okay until riiiiiiiight here.

Why did she smash the carriage with him right there, knowing she'd at the very least have to fight him? What the hell made Gavia flip her poo poo and what are these powers she suddenly has? What was that yellow thing that Underage Oversexed McMarvel Ripoff give her that she apparently got mad at? Why are Alice and Church fighting now and where the gently caress did the suits come from?

My head hurts. :psyduck:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 24, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Why did she smash the carriage with him right there, knowing she'd at the very least have to fight him? What the hell made Gavia flip her poo poo and what are these powers she suddenly has? What was that yellow thing that Underage Oversexed McMarvel Ripoff give her that she apparently got mad at? Why are Alice and Church fighting now and where the gently caress did the suits come from?

My head hurts. :psyduck:

Since I've just reread the last ten pages:
1. because she's dumb and was upset about having been caught
2. she had lost her magical nanite powers before, and she has gotten them back
3. some sort of magical nanite container I guess, purely from context
4. because they hate each other and have the opportunity to do so
5. magical nanite powers grew em up

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
BAM

RUNCH

AAAIIIEEE

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's no real controversy in the statement "jeph jacques is not actually very good at making webcomics"

im not sure why he gets so much ire tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

3. some sort of magical nanite container I guess, purely from context

It's one of the magical nanite life vests they're all wearing. Gavia used the nanomachines in it to restore her own personal stock that was previously sucked out of her (apparently since Nanomachines Can Do Anything, it's not that unreasonable that Gavia can restore her powers by grabbing random nanites from anywhere).

EDIT: I don't actually know why Gavia flipped out, but I'm gonna go with "she decided that since they were prisoners anyway, blowing up the ship and sending everybody out into the vacuum (with a space suit) gave her the best odds of ditching Church and his boss and keeping them out of her beloved home."

• Locked thread