Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Feminasty Slut posted:

I'm trying to imagine being a public school teacher in 2017. A completely unqualified secretary of education just admits she got the job cause her family is rich republican donors. The president is a dull idiot with all the traits you're trying to convince your students are bad. A moron stumbles into the whitehouse because of america's reliable retards. Now you're supposed to motivate kids. You know every time you tell them to try hard and do good its an absolute lie. The world has proven it.

You guys are saints.

lol

The motivations have changed. Now you just have to tell kids to get rich so that their stupid kids can only fall upwards.

"As long as you have money, your drooling idiot child will be able to do anything they want, including ego-tripping into being the president. So remember to work hard and gently caress over everybody else."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Feminasty Slut posted:

I'm trying to imagine being a public school teacher in 2017. A completely unqualified secretary of education just admits she got the job cause her family is rich republican donors. The president is a dull idiot with all the traits you're trying to convince your students are bad. A moron stumbles into the whitehouse because of america's reliable retards. Now you're supposed to motivate kids. You know every time you tell them to try hard and do good its an absolute lie. The world has proven it.

You guys are saints.

lol

I think the biggest difficulty would be convincing kids to put off immediate gratification for long term gain, given that we are edging closer and closer to nuclear annihilation, resource depletion, aristocracy, and cronyism. Basically, nothing that you do will prevent the destruction of the earth and you're hosed if you didn't start out on top or have solid connections. So, work hard and for the betterment of mankind because your corporate overlords sure aren't gonna, I guess?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
It's time to sttaight up start teaching kids to cheat, lie, steal, and step over the corpses of their enemies to get what they want. The only rule is don't get caught, or have enough money that getting caught is irrelevant. Lol? Yeah gently caress it. Lol.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Tiny Deer posted:

Goddamn that's some bleak poo poo

I lol'd

"gently caress it, Timmy. Yeah, gently caress it. Your dad is rich so it's obviously gonna work out for you. Sorry, Amelia, your single mom is never going to be able to buy you a degree at a good school and you're just a regular kid so you're hosed. Bryce? Bryce, you're going to be a gay hooker in post-apocalyptic America. I'm sorry. You were my favorite."

"*cracks open Scotch bottle at desk*"

I'm Bryce

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854350731415105537

Note that he is in court today attempting to retain custody of his children

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope they take his kids away. Its better for them and it'll probably make him crazier(better).

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

proof of concept posted:

https://twitter.com/JTiloveTX/status/854350731415105537

Note that he is in court today attempting to retain custody of his children

Come on! Wasn't there at least some government amnesia serum in the chilli or something? Guy's losing his edge.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

I think that Xi should have given Trump another five minutes.

https://twitter.com/anamariecox/status/854151226572890112

Note also that he skips over Dubya.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

bag em and tag em posted:

Come on! Wasn't there at least some government amnesia serum in the chilli or something? Guy's losing his edge.

Don't want to sound too unhinged in a custody battle, I guess.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Cthulu Carl posted:

Note also that he skips over Dubya.

Dubya included North Korea in his axis of evil thing and then did absolutely nothing, what more do you want, jeez

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Clinton book thread reminded me trump is president of the united states of america

Lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

System Metternich posted:

Dubya included North Korea in his axis of evil thing and then did absolutely nothing, what more do you want, jeez

Wasnt cuba in the axis of evil? I almost forgot about the axis of evil.

Hilarious.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

I think the biggest difficulty would be convincing kids to put off immediate gratification for long term gain, given that we are edging closer and closer to nuclear annihilation, resource depletion, aristocracy, and cronyism. Basically, nothing that you do will prevent the destruction of the earth and you're hosed if you didn't start out on top or have solid connections. So, work hard and for the betterment of mankind because your corporate overlords sure aren't gonna, I guess?

This is why I'm not saving for retirement. I can either have fun and be poor later, or scrimp and save and put off having fun now and probably still be poor or dead later.

So gently caress it I'm almost done my pilots license and I'm spending all my money on bikes and poo poo.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Also LOL we're all so very hopelessly hosed because the world is insane and Donald Trump is President of the United States of America and Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces, most powerful military on the face of the planet.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Feminasty Slut posted:

You guys are saints.

lol

Lolling my loving rear end off. I quit teaching after 15 years... well, about 2 years ago. And not a fucken day goes by that I don't thank black jesus and nuclear flavored allah that i got the gently caress out of that racket when it was just THAT BAD.

Motherfucker, i used to have to teach government and american history! Just try to imagine you're getting paid your 38 cents an hour for your job where they cut the nuts off your union so your insurance covers nothing, and they killed tenure, and you have to get up in front of a class every day with a textbook written by the motherfucking american jesus coalition and teach kids how loving checks and balances work, how congress passes laws, and about the fucken dignity of the executive office loooooooooooooooooooollll

ewvery day in the classroom is just like WELP

even as early as 7-8 years ago, a lot of 12 year olds i saw had the thousand yard stare. like they never saw either parent because they had to work 4 jobs in post 2008 america, their older sibling busted rear end to get the good STEM degree at the expensive school, and came back home defeated to live with mom, and they KNOW this poo poo-rear end nation doesn't have anything to offer them. kids are way smarter than anyone gives them credit.

but that's a little heavy for the lol thread, so just lol at the idea of being a teacher in trump's america, there is no future for anyone.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Minor LOL Canada is seen as a bastion of progressiveness because our PM is so much better looking and progressive and nice than your orange idiot and yet people are starting to realize that he's a selfie taking rich kid Eddie Haskell piece of poo poo that pretends to give a poo poo about gays women and refugees but is doubling down on our lovely oil economy and also selling tanks to Saudi Arabia so they can murder civilians in Yemen easier.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Feminasty Slut posted:

You guys are saints.

lol

Lol that there were definitely Republicans typing stuff like this in 2012 about Obama

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

The LOL is that children today will never experience a world where hope exists.

I don't have kids and despite wanting them I question every day if I can even handle adopting a child I have to tell about how the world is going to die before they're old, let alone deliberately choosing to create a new person myself

LOL

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Lol that there were definitely Republicans typing stuff like this in 2012 about Obama

yeah those are the retards I'm talking about.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Quidam Viator posted:

Lolling my loving rear end off. I quit teaching after 15 years... well, about 2 years ago. And not a fucken day goes by that I don't thank black jesus and nuclear flavored allah that i got the gently caress out of that racket when it was just THAT BAD.

Motherfucker, i used to have to teach government and american history! Just try to imagine you're getting paid your 38 cents an hour for your job where they cut the nuts off your union so your insurance covers nothing, and they killed tenure, and you have to get up in front of a class every day with a textbook written by the motherfucking american jesus coalition and teach kids how loving checks and balances work, how congress passes laws, and about the fucken dignity of the executive office loooooooooooooooooooollll

ewvery day in the classroom is just like WELP

even as early as 7-8 years ago, a lot of 12 year olds i saw had the thousand yard stare. like they never saw either parent because they had to work 4 jobs in post 2008 america, their older sibling busted rear end to get the good STEM degree at the expensive school, and came back home defeated to live with mom, and they KNOW this poo poo-rear end nation doesn't have anything to offer them. kids are way smarter than anyone gives them credit.

but that's a little heavy for the lol thread, so just lol at the idea of being a teacher in trump's america, there is no future for anyone.

Just gonna print this thread now so the kids have some lols when we're in the bunker and I'm trying to homeschool them despite knowing it's futile since one of them has to get eaten for me to survive another month :smith:

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

More insider LOLs since we agree that there is no hope for survival and the children of america have no future.

anyone else know somebody who works for like a federal science division, like the EPA or FDA or something? at the FDA offices where people i know work, it's absolute loving chaos, because the signals they're getting about the upcoming budget are like... we're just closing down all your poo poo and handing your work to Monsanto.

LOL, just LOL at dedicated, serious, hard-working, and committed people who devoted their lives to producing good science to help people, because gently caress you, maybe Monsanto will pay you 38 cents an hour to huff VOCs and then fire you when some 22 year old with $800,000 in college debt agrees to do your job for 37 cents an hour.

ahahahahaha we're gonna have the best science, just the greatest science lmfao

WE'RE SUCH A SERIOUS NATION. TAKE US SERIOUSLAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't talk about the world and current affairs with my dad anymore because it depresses him and makes him almost cry for the future of my nephews. He literally said once that if he thought the current state of things was as hopeless as I do that he'd almost feel morally obligated to smother them in their sleep.

Then I asked him if he believed that we were going to take any of the necessary steps in time to change the disastrous course our species has set for itself and he just went silent for a minute or so and then said that he just had to have hope that a thing would happen and make everything better and then changed the subject to the weather.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Donald Trump is President of the United States of America and we're all probably going to have a very lovely time relatively soon.

LOL.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I have a friend who teaches 3rd graders and she brought it up around the time of the election that she had to try to explain to kids why they weren't allowed to talk like Donald Trump. And I say <try> because they would just be like "uh he just got elected president so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine if I talk like him lol"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

This is why I'm not saving for retirement. I can either have fun and be poor later, or scrimp and save and put off having fun now and probably still be poor or dead later.

So gently caress it I'm almost done my pilots license and I'm spending all my money on bikes and poo poo.

This is exactly what the boomers thought and now they're taking our taxes to demand more hospital beds and healthcare for the elderly.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

This is exactly what the boomers thought and now they're taking our taxes to demand more hospital beds and healthcare for the elderly.

So what you're saying is that it's a valid and successful strategy.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Cthulu Carl posted:

Only if you tell your kids that they're useless ungrateful shits that should be happy to work for free and back in my day we knew how to SAVE money and I bought my first home at age 19 for $1,200 so that's why you should respect me

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Strategic Tea posted:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Ya, this. They're getting exactly what they're demanding. 'gently caress it YOLO' is a proven strategy so far.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

Stealth Tiger posted:

I have a friend who teaches 3rd graders and she brought it up around the time of the election that she had to try to explain to kids why they weren't allowed to talk like Donald Trump. And I say <try> because they would just be like "uh he just got elected president so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine if I talk like him lol"

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
At least when I'm old and poor and destitute it'll be because I spent my adulthood doing super cool poo poo and not because I invested all of my money and then had it wiped out completely in the inevitable global economic collapse that everyone says is just a few years from happening.

Like seriously if basically the whole world told you that the smart thing to do was to invest in tickets on the RMS Wise Retirement Investment Strategy and then turning around and saying holy poo poo the RMS Wise Retirement Investment Strategy is full of holes and heading straight for an iceberg wouldn't the sanest course of action be to just say gently caress it and go ride bikes?

LOL This is the era of Trump.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lol, are there going to be schools named after donald j. trump? airports? ships?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

EvilJoven posted:

Ya, this. They're getting exactly what they're demanding. 'gently caress it YOLO' is a proven strategy so far.

What's really lol is that Gen-x,y,z or mellinials aren't going to behave any differently. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of they got theirs, gently caress you, gonna get mine.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Pretty much this. Grandpa is hella mad because Tinder didn't exist in his day and now all you young 'uns gotta learn a lesson

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

lol, are there going to be schools named after donald j. trump? airports? ships?

Centers for kids who can't read good and want to learn how to other stuff good too.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

What's really lol is that Gen-x,y,z or mellinials aren't going to behave any differently. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of they got theirs, gently caress you, gonna get mine.

Why the gently caress shouldn't we behave differently?

For future generations?

LOL if you willingly contributed to the population of this doomed species. Way to go you loving asshat.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Generation of "gently caress you, give me" 1946-nuclear holocaust 2017/18

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

USS Donald J. Trump

I wanted to make it CVN-69, but turns out that's the Eisenhower.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cthulu Carl posted:

USS Donald J. Trump

I wanted to make it CVN-69, but turns out that's the Eisenhower.

Good call. It has a wide bottom, is old and out of touch with how things are done today, it only works some of the time...what else am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Oscar Wild posted:

i'm only 31 and i'm already a ruthless fucker to twenty-somethings

i work in sales so i take full advantage of the fact that these little bastards aren't gonna have 'gently caress Ya' money for the longest time because they decided that $100,000 in college debt wasn't worth blinking about

they NEED this job bad so they aren't free to lie and cheat the way i am lmao

Tumble fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 18, 2017