Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Everyone needs to stop hating on the cat episode. Any episode where Hank gets screwed over by the government he loves is top tier.

No, its execution is terrible. Pay these dumb vet bills, "I guess I have no choice" he caves way to easily and digs into the hole uncharacteristically. I guess that's the post season 8 MO.

There is still good there. Bill being happy was very nice. Dale was the best as ever and him freaking out that the Warren report made sense was one of the funniest things in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The cat episode is good, hth.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Rewatched season 2's Texas City Twister, and Arrow Head. Great eps, especially Hank trying to buy one fuel filter from Meglomart, and John Redcorn confirming a shaft straightener could be jammed into the brain stem of a white man, but that is true of almost any tool.

Some notes:
-When the gang unflips Luanne's trailer, Boomhauer rams and knocks over another trailer, and they silently drive away. I don't think Hank would allow them to abandon responsibility like that in later seasons.

-After the tornado where Hank lost all his clothes, he goes to check on his truck. How is he driving out of there without his keys, that were presumably in his jeans?

-Hank buys a John Deere rototiller. Season 3 or later that would have been Mason brand.

-Inconsistent shots of the Hill's front yard/driveway. The driveway is missing in some shots, and a school bus is easily able to fit. Peggy is parked in the alley for a scene, despite having a two car garage. C'mon, men drink in that alley!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

You gotta admit the animation became more sophisticated in later seasons.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i really love the scene from the montana episode where doc platter is sayin some poo poo like "well the mountains... sometimes they whisper to you... and sometimes they dont...." and hank is just nodding wide-eyed like its fuckin sage gospel

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Fact 1: Hank Hill survives a tornado
Fact 2: Hank lies about being in a different tornado, a twista, to sound cartoonishly Texan to a New York guy to sell him propane and propane accessories.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
In the real story he ends up naked. He can't tell that one.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
remember when the tornado blew off all of Uncle Hank's clothes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Not his underwear.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

j r
j r
hes a really bad guy
who lives on a ranch with his mom

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

remember when the tornado blew off all of Uncle Hank's clothes
How could you forget the greatest battle of the century in the midst of that tornado?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Strudel Man posted:

In the real story he ends up naked. He can't tell that one.

Hank could've used that flag to cover his nudity, but he used a potted cactus instead.

That particular cactus resembled a gherkin, IIRC. Now that was funny.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Company Man was produced for season one but didn't air til season two, so the tornado episode hadn't happened yet when they made it

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
"no girl gently caress me"

Bobby would never use such coarse language

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Bobby: Now just to be clear, this is the white man?

Bobby: Dad, you and your white people stole hundreds of thousands of acres from John Redcorn, and now you celebrate by frying a turkey? When does the killing end?
Bill: Hank, you're terrible.
Hank: I am not --
Dale: Just give him his land back, Hank.

Joseph: I know you're not really a cannibal. My mom told me. She told me a lot of things.
John Redcorn: Like what?
Joseph: How the white man stole your land and your heritage, and how it's time you got it back. And how we're all children of the earth, so in a weird way, we're related.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 19, 2017

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kidd-Liggit posted:

"no girl gently caress me"

Bobby would never use such coarse language

he was about to say "fu-get about it"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Dale: Just give him his land back, Hank.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
POCKET SAND!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Is Bobby Hill sexualized in china?

Wait is king of the hill a thing in China regardless?

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cut...22-5823612296dd

all of thesze are on aliexpress and this doesn't even show the best ones

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

A few weeks ago at work, I was watching a pocket sand video on YouTube, and a coworker who has never seen KotH saw it over my shoulder, and ever since had referenced pocket sand as many times as possible, without knowing any context or even knowing what KotH is. I wish I could tell him where to watch it, since he's been so exited about one lovely YouTube video, but there's nowhere to watch full episodes online that he has access to, so pocket sand is getting pretty close to being completely on my nerves and ruined forever.

And yeah, dudes pretty annoying and latches onto everything he hears without knowing what it really is. He says "bye Felicia" every day when he leaves work even though he's never seen Friday or knows what the phrase even means in the first place. He just heard it one time.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
whats his username

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

empty baggie posted:

A few weeks ago at work, I was watching a pocket sand video on YouTube, and a coworker who has never seen KotH saw it over my shoulder, and ever since had referenced pocket sand as many times as possible, without knowing any context or even knowing what KotH is. I wish I could tell him where to watch it, since he's been so exited about one lovely YouTube video, but there's nowhere to watch full episodes online that he has access to, so pocket sand is getting pretty close to being completely on my nerves and ruined forever.

And yeah, dudes pretty annoying and latches onto everything he hears without knowing what it really is. He says "bye Felicia" every day when he leaves work even though he's never seen Friday or knows what the phrase even means in the first place. He just heard it one time.

Ugh, I work with a guy like this, only sometimes he does know the full context of a joke, but will just keep repeating the joke over and over. Like, dude... Try having at least one original thought in your head.

He also comes to work in jorts, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
that boy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hank doesn't want Joseph to sign up for something because he wants Bobby too.

"Hank, you can't do that. That boy's...well I don't know what he is, but he's something. My hands are tied."

Also, the drag queen episode, Peggys bite demonstration would make and amazing and terrifying AV

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bombadilillo posted:

Also, the drag queen episode, Peggys bite demonstration would make and amazing and terrifying AV

True, but your banana bird AV is pretty cool too, IMHO.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Gif request: scene in Dang Ol' Love when Bill exclaims "Amateurs!" and pushes past Hank and Dale to pick up Boomhauer and carry him away.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 20, 2017

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hahaha thanks! Perfect.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Bill is actually a very good dude, he's just from circumstances

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Bill is a piece of poo poo and the only reason he has any friends is because he is pathetic more often than he is successful.

Every time Bill starts to improve himself or comes into the tiniest bit of power, he becomes a total rear end in a top hat, and usually focuses the worst of it onto the person who has helped him the most; Hank.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hank is related to ZZ Top? What the gently caress?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the ZZ Top one is the stupidest episode and the only one I refuse ever to watch again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ein cooler Typ posted:

the ZZ Top one is the stupidest episode and the only one I refuse ever to watch again

It's pretty brutal. Up there with the ace of diamonds one, which is hank being a jackass and shaking a guy down for 10k.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ilmucche posted:

It's pretty brutal. Up there with the ace of diamonds one, which is hank being a jackass and shaking a guy down for 10k.

I did get a laugh out of Hank's determination to beat a traveling softball circus.

OK Boomhauer.....Bring me home. Bring me home.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
the running back who forgets his front line -- that's the man i wouldnt want to have to dinner.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I like when Hank sees his mom and her new boyfriend sexing on the kitchen table and he goes blind and the doctor is convinced he poked himself in the eye

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

needs improvement? i have never needed to improve on anything in my whole life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Code Jockey posted:

Bill is actually a very good dude, he's just from circumstances

Bill is easily the worst person on the show except for probably Cotton. Peggy's not even close