Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

That new NSX isn't bad looking, but it's kind of "generic future car" looking to me. It doesn't really stand out like the classic did. That new Supra isn't great either (I think this is an earlier concept version, I can't remember) but at least it looks like something more unique.

Edit: this actually seems a lot more like it came from a 3rd gen RX-7 than a mkIV Supra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

She should move to England!

She's not that bad!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like that Toyota. Reminds me of a LMP front end

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

He sure liked to when Prost was alongside him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CratSock posted:

That new NSX isn't bad looking, but it's kind of "generic future car" looking to me. It doesn't really stand out like the classic did. That new Supra isn't great either (I think this is an earlier concept version, I can't remember) but at least it looks like something more unique.

Edit: this actually seems a lot more like it came from a 3rd gen RX-7 than a mkIV Supra.

This looks like a low rent Enzo

Big Giovinazzi managed to be second fastest in testing today in the Ferrari, .696 seconds behind Hamilton. Hopefully this means he didn't lose all confidence when he pulled that moron move in China.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hardcore Tifosi mod up in here

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Norns posted:

Hardcore Tifosi mod up in here

Tifoso :eng101:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

Big Giovinazzi managed to be second fastest in testing today in the Ferrari, .696 seconds behind Hamilton. Hopefully this means he didn't lose all confidence when he pulled that moron move in China.

I don't think "spinning in the wet under power" is a moron move.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

The problem you're having is the Enzo looks quite bad and that looks quite good, I can see where you're getting confused.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

It was a bad driver mistake. He's a rookie so he can be forgiven.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

The problem you're having is the Enzo looks quite bad and that looks quite good, I can see where you're getting confused.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying that's what it looks like.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Bottas spun under safety in the best car on track. lol

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Bottas spun under safety in the best car on track. lol

Consequently, butt rear end is poo poo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

Consequently, butt rear end is poo poo

Boat rear end, get in with the program. Thank you very much.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Gigi Galli posted:

Can't wait to see Gio replace Kimi in the Ferrari next year.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
How much does Mallya have to do with Force India nowadays? I was under the impression he was funding it less and less as they got more sponsors and sold ownership.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't think he's "sold ownership" so much as "he lost a bunch of lawsuits and Diageo owns half his business now."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

There were also engine woes for Honda, with McLaren development driver Oliver Turvey only able to complete two installation laps in the morning. Honda had discovered a water leak in the ERS, which prompted the need for a replacement power unit to be fitted.

After hours spent waiting in the garage, Turvey was able to get running again in the final hour and was able to complete 17 laps – although ended up at the bottom of the timesheets.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bahrain-f1-test-hamilton-leads-giovinazzi-on-day-1-895392/

loving lol how many engines have tehy gone through already. The McLaren mechanics must be so sick of replacing the power units at this point for every single session.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

On the flip side they must be getting really good at it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Is Honda close to breaking any kind of reliability record?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No Porsche still has that one.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mansour Ojjeh said that Mclaren mess cant continue any longer.

Mclaren Mercedes 2018.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mclaren Mercedes 2018.

They're gonna hire back Ron and have him sort it out.

McLaren-Toyota incoming.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wish Honda had started with the back marker team instead of making McLaren one

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mclaren Mercedes 2018.

Perpetual 4th-6th in WCC.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Zak Brown is literally just another Adam Parr. A businessman who isn't interested in actually pushing towards the front as long as the books are balanced. That's all Williams was for years and years.

Zak's only interest lies in being competitive, getting sponsors back and balancing the books. If that means not necessarily pushing to be at the front that's fine. As long as sponsors get to mingle at the races, business deals take place, and there's some ROI then it's all gravy.

Zak's also drat good at his job but he shouldn't be in the driver's seat of the organization he should be one of the engineers on the pit wall giving options to the big boss.

Customer engines will not have the stigma to Zak.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Human Grand Prix posted:

Perpetual 4th-6th in WCC.

That's more prize money than they're currently pulling (and are likely to pull with that grenade in the car).

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

That's more prize money than they're currently pulling (and are likely to pull with that grenade in the car).

McLaren wants to win.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Zak Brown is literally just another Adam Parr. A businessman who isn't interested in actually pushing towards the front as long as the books are balanced. That's all Williams was for years and years.

Zak's only interest lies in being competitive, getting sponsors back and balancing the books. If that means not necessarily pushing to be at the front that's fine. As long as sponsors get to mingle at the races, business deals take place, and there's some ROI then it's all gravy.

Zak's also drat good at his job but he shouldn't be in the driver's seat of the organization he should be one of the engineers on the pit wall giving options to the big boss.

Customer engines will not have the stigma to Zak.

Maurizio also has a background in bussiness, marketing and PR but he wants to win.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I am sort of curious how different this situation would've played out under Ron. Something very urgently has to be done from either Honda or McLaren.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maurizio also has a background in bussiness, marketing and PR but he wants to win.

Hey.

Shut up.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I am sort of curious how different this situation would've played out under Ron. Something very urgently has to be done from either Honda or McLaren.

Probably what they are doing now (seeking outside help) but even before the season started.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Hey.

Shut up.

nice meltdown

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maurizio also spent his career marketing cancer sticks to kids. That kind of ruthlessness is required to win in F1.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

Maurizio also spent his career marketing cancer sticks to kids. That kind of ruthlessness is required to win in F1.

He was trying to sell a product he believes in and is passionate about. I wish I could be that enthusiastic about slogging health insurance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I worked in US health insurance for a bit.

Never. Again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gret posted:

I agree. Presidente Marchionne is an rear end in a top hat but he wants to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually think Marchionne is a huge dumbass.

• Locked thread