Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Yeah that fuckwit redditor definitely didn't stir enough, they should try again with twice the alcohol and some bullets in the mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Captain Nom did create delicious brownies en flambe though. Maybe they should undercook it and light on fire after it's plated.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

there's so many ways to make boozy brownies but he managed to pick just about the only one where it's possible to blow up your kitchen

that's talent

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

*pushes up glasses*
Erm, actually, a ham is from the hind limbs on the pig, whereas the shoulder is, well, from the shoulder.

Doing an uncured ham in a smoker would be RAD, tho; find one at a carniceria and do that

All is pointing to salmon, but ham is on the list for next time. I also tried to push lamb, but apparently we're the only two here that appreciate the taste of lamb/goat barbacoa.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Just got back to Vegas for Easter weekend. Fiancé picked me up at the airport and we went straight to shabu paradise. Is a good fiancé.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Didn't you just get married? You have a new fiance?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

pile of brown posted:

Didn't you just get married? You have a new fiance?

I did some years ago. It lasted less than a year. But enough about that.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Wiggles just doesn't appreciate Ke$has music

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano posted:

Would it be appropriate to post a twitch stream link anywhere? If so, what thread? I'm going to try doing a live cooking show while my wife is out of town for the next 5 days.

So uh nobody said anything so here goes:

twitch.tv/adamtheamateur come make fun of ~Asian inspired~ (white guy) fried rice. First 30 minutes I'll be making honeycomb candy and showing how to sharpen a knife.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Just got back to Vegas for Easter weekend. Fiancé picked me up at the airport and we went straight to shabu paradise. Is a good fiancé.

Hey what was that other Thai place in LV? Not Lotus of Siam..

Doing a couple of CA-CO road trips this summer and might swing by on one of them for a change.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Casu Marzu posted:

Wiggles just doesn't appreciate Ke$has music
There's P-Funk and there's Ke$ha and never the twain shall meet.

Well, they will meet, but only for a year apparently.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

sweat poteto posted:

Hey what was that other Thai place in LV? Not Lotus of Siam..

Doing a couple of CA-CO road trips this summer and might swing by on one of them for a change.

Chada street

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
That's it - thanks Mr W.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Wiggles, hit the kitchen at Atomic Liquors. Opened last week, great food. Also very good cocktails. Opens 4pm most days.

Also Starboard Tack, which used to be an old dive bar and then closed, is now a new dive bar/tiki bar with good food and a great amaro collection. Just off Sahara and Eastern.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

That's great for Atomic! Cause it was Easter weekend we didn't go out a lot - just met friends at huntridge. Was missing good cocktails tho.

I'll check out starboard for amaros.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

mindphlux posted:

THE "PR0K'S MOM ACCORD"

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That's great for Atomic! Cause it was Easter weekend we didn't go out a lot - just met friends at huntridge. Was missing good cocktails tho.

I'll check out starboard for amaros.

Huntridge is a good choice. It's the neighborhood bar for the folks who work at my favorite local brewery (Crafthaus, in the southeast, also well worth a stop).

If you go to Starboard Tack ask for the Centerbe. It's not on the menu but it has to be tasted to be believed.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

bartolimu posted:

Huntridge is a good choice. It's the neighborhood bar for the folks who work at my favorite local brewery (Crafthaus, in the southeast, also well worth a stop).

If you go to Starboard Tack ask for the Centerbe. It's not on the menu but it has to be tasted to be believed.

What's in it?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Cross post from the healthcare thread - I'm having jaw surgery next month and the surgeon gave me this "recipe book", because I can't chew for 6 weeks post op. Here are the best pages.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:
That all sounds fuckin disgusting

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh really I thought it all looked like a delicious gourmet feast.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The military food guy is running out of rations to try, please give him a new mission

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

"white vinegar (to cut the taste of cans)" is probably the worst thing I've ever read in a cookbook. :gonk: Cheez Whiz in the loving asparagus recipe is a close, close second.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Peanut Butter soup really makes me want to die.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Echeveria posted:

Peanut Butter soup really makes me want to die.

There are some legit West African soups that involve peanut butter or at least ground peanuts. Usually with chicken or fish, tomatoes, chiles, and fresh herbs. Super good stuff, if filling.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

When I had my jaw surgery I had a ~4 page booklet of recipes and one of them was basically "blend an entire blt, bread and all, you poor fucker"

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
As someone who uses peanut butter in soups on the regular, both those peanut butter soups made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Sorry you gotta get jaw surgery gentle goon.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

My parents brought home a pepperoni pizza right after I had my wisdom teeth out and I wanted neither impacted sockets nor to miss out on pizza, so I took a slice, chopped it up, and dumped it in a blender with some milk. It's extremely weird to drink a slurry that tastes exactly like pepperoni pizza, but satisfying when the alternatives are "infected head holes" and "dont eat pizza".

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

There are some legit West African soups that involve peanut butter or at least ground peanuts. Usually with chicken or fish, tomatoes, chiles, and fresh herbs. Super good stuff, if filling.

Filipino Kare Kare, too. Peanuts, toasted rice powder, oxtails, tripe, water spinach, yardlong beans, sauteed fermented shrimp paste, eggplant, etc.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 18, 2017

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Sure sure sure, but not peanut butter, onion, chicken broth ~blend~

Nothing about that seems palatable. I'll just throw some peanut butter in a blender with some milk and toss that back.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Just eat congee.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Echeveria posted:

Sure sure sure, but not peanut butter, onion, chicken broth ~blend~

Nothing about that seems palatable. I'll just throw some peanut butter in a blender with some milk and toss that back.

Dunno why, but you just reminded me that Vitamixes have a "soup" function where you add raw ingredients and it makes hot soup by blending until friction creates enough heat :downs:

Kinda want to make some Vitamix dump soups just for fun, now.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Dunno why, but you just reminded me that Vitamixes have a "soup" function where you add raw ingredients and it makes hot soup by blending until friction creates enough heat :downs:

Kinda want to make some Vitamix dump soups just for fun, now.

Yeah, it's a novelty thing that's cool the first few times you do it. I just make the soup normally on the stove and vitamix for 30 seconds now. Way quieter.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

GrAviTy84 posted:

Yeah, it's a novelty thing that's cool the first few times you do it. I just make the soup normally on the stove and vitamix for 30 seconds now. Way quieter.

Yeah, but if I wear out the motor before 7 years I get a free replacement :v:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah, but if I wear out the motor before 7 years I get a free replacement :v:

you wont wear out the motor. full stop for reals you wont.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

GrAviTy84 posted:

you wont wear out the motor. full stop for reals you wont.

You don't know that, he might be making dosas every day.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007
Headed to London tomorrow for about five days. I've been in Belgium for the last few days and have eaten my weight in mussels and frites. That and drank enough Orval to float a cruise ship.

Meeting up with a friend for lunch and going to a comedy gig, but no idea what else to hit up food wise. Never been before, so at a loss.

Same goes for Paris next week, but I just plan on living on bread, cheese, ham, and wine while there. And maybe chain smoking gauloises while I practice sneering.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

antisodachrist posted:

Headed to London tomorrow for about five days. I've been in Belgium for the last few days and have eaten my weight in mussels and frites. That and drank enough Orval to float a cruise ship.

Meeting up with a friend for lunch and going to a comedy gig, but no idea what else to hit up food wise. Never been before, so at a loss.

Same goes for Paris next week, but I just plan on living on bread, cheese, ham, and wine while there. And maybe chain smoking gauloises while I practice sneering.

There's a dedicated London eating thread. What's your pleasure, friend?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

The Maestro posted:

What's in it?

Supposedly a hundred different medicinal and culinary herbs, in a 140-proof base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

antisodachrist posted:

French ham sucks tho