Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Shut up pick, you're both insane and retarded. A heady blend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"I ran a robot campaign based on metrics with no emotion, cheated a more popular candidate out of the nomination, cheated against the other candidate in the debates, and promised to wholeheartedly embrace the corporate dystopia that threatens to ruin our civilization. Then I lost."

Must be misogyny!

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Clinton's failure came from bad strategy. One, assuming a blowout, without securing "solid" states. Two, they assumed that voters did not need her campaign to persuade them. They figured that a lot of people were already highly familiar with Hillary Clinton, so there was no need to explain her any further. Nope. ABC, always be closing. Three, people refused to recognize Trump's wild card appeal. None of the other Rs had anything as electrifying as Trump's song and dance. It did not appeal to me or you, but it was something new-ish and compelling.

IMHO people do not like to pretend to be able to understand why Trump appeals to a significant portion of Americans. It's not wrong to see that he is of course sexist and racist, but the whole package is more particularized than that.

e: tldr farrrt

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol you're giving Hillary Clinton money

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Pick posted:

Obama's the one who hosed it up, by being a lovely president.

Maybe, but the fact that Hillary has almost zero charisma and even supporters struggle to come up with reasons why she's good were major factors.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I wanted her to write a book like OJ's "If I Did It" only instead of describing committing murder it'd be about being president.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure her last book sold like less than 2 thousand copies or some poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

IMHO people do not like to pretend to be able to understand why Trump appeals to a significant portion of Americans. It's not wrong to see that he is of course sexist and racist, but the whole package is more particularized than that.

e: tldr farrrt

the real issue is the fact that Trump actually isnt sexist or racist at all. he is just presented that way with out of context gaffs or whatever. he is only sexist/racist by the narrow social justice re-definition of the words. that means every time people were told to be offended about him a certain portion of people saw it as positive

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheWeepingHorse posted:

They figured that a lot of people were already highly familiar with Hillary Clinton

They are, and that is her biggest problem.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

I think you'll find that it was, in fact, the Russians who rigged the election

Did they ever actually rig anything or allegedly hack/release information on how bad Hillary is and why she should be in jail?

Pretty sure it was just the latter but everyone makes up their own things they want to believe on the internet these days.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rutibex posted:

the real issue is the fact that Trump actually isnt sexist or racist at all. he is just presented that way with out of context gaffs or whatever. he is only sexist/racist by the narrow social justice re-definition of the words. that means every time people were told to be offended about him a certain portion of people saw it as positive

A certain portion of the world should check themselves more carefully. They might be giving themselves a pass on thinking some bullshit.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
She didn't even run on a platform. All her ads were "well at least I'm not Trump". I am aware her website had her platform, but you gotta tell people what it is. Especially when you are so distrusted.
Trump was running ads that said "WE GONNA BUILD A WALL" and "WE GONNA BRING JOBS BACK FROM MEXICO AND CHINA". Stupid and fallacious, but appealing to people more than *nothing* is.

Her whole coronation was sickening. Bernie would have won. Hell, if Hillary picked Bernie for her VP she would have won. All the enthusiasm from Bernouts would have transferred to her campaign. These are people who phonebanked several entire states in hours. But no, she picked another Big Bank motherfucker to run with her as an extra 'gently caress you' to Bernie fans.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

...and the pitch! posted:

A certain portion of the world should check themselves more carefully. They might be giving themselves a pass on thinking some bullshit.

Their votes count whether they check themselves or not.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if the SJWs won't even let us grope our employees, what's the point of hiring women again?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sassassin posted:

Their votes count whether they check themselves or not.

I know. The idea that they won so they are correct isn't quite right tho.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

...and the pitch! posted:

I know. The idea that they won so they are correct isn't quite right tho.

Winning is the best kind of correct.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sassassin posted:

Winning is the best kind of correct.

It's impossible to argue with.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
It actually would be extremely interesting to read about what happened when they realized the ship was sinking but I doubt this book actually has any of the really interesting stuff in it. Also gently caress giving her money.

Has she actually written any of her books or were they all ghostwritten?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I thought the election WAS OVER guys.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm betting that book is gonna generate some funny summaries from readers on both sides of the aisle.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Orkin Mang posted:

her cheekbones look like swollen knees and not for a generation has the continent seen a more remorseless killer of men

the beast won't be getting 20 dollars for a book of lies to spend on a diazepam injector from me

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Really loving the hacking being called a "Russian attack on our election" or "Russian interference in our election" when its literally just publishing unaltered emails. If they'd been polite, non-shady politicians the russians wouldnt have anything but "here are our fundraising metrics" and "here is our schedule" to leak in the first place! ON TOP OF THAT: This was a candidate at the time reeling from accusations of being lax with cybersecurity. How did they not have the fort knox of IT staff, locking down everything tight so nothing could get out after a year of "you dont protect your emails well enough".

To this day im glad she's not president.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
The Bernie Sanders Story: The Man Who Is Evil For Acknowledging That I Am Actually Evil

foreword: how I used your parents cold war fear as recycled propaganda to hide my lies (THUS PROVING I'M GREEN TOO!!)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry, I know the white guilt runs hard among you folks, but what exactly did Obama handle well? Was it bailing out the bankers you loved so much, or passing a health care law that was incomplete and destined for bloat and abuse? Was it put some control on college expenses and student loans?

I know Hillary would have thrown some money at K-12, and there Obama laid a huge poo poo.

Some infrastructure would have been pretty darn cool too. You know, more actual jobs and fewer memes of him dunking Oreos while dismissing all critique out of hand.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Really loving the hacking being called a "Russian attack on our election" or "Russian interference in our election" when its literally just publishing unaltered emails. If they'd been polite, non-shady politicians the russians wouldnt have anything but "here are our fundraising metrics" and "here is our schedule" to leak in the first place! ON TOP OF THAT: This was a candidate at the time reeling from accusations of being lax with cybersecurity. How did they not have the fort knox of IT staff, locking down everything tight so nothing could get out after a year of "you dont protect your emails well enough".

no but see literally everyone is a corrupt piece of poo poo, that's just The Way The World Works, and the only true sin is exposing any particular person's dirty dealings to those without the mature worldview to understand this.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

does it talk about how the dnc supported trump in an attempt to sabotage the republican primary in favor of a candidate clinton could easily beat?

People whine about the media's role in the election and how terrible they are for giving trump so much airtime and it's really quite bizarre: that was the literal strategy of the dnc. It's like the left is mad for the media going along with the dumbshit tactic they came up with. How dare they cover Trump so much!! *hillary disappears for a month straight*

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Trump is a disaster yet at least he knew when to fire campaign staff that exceeded their shelf life. It's like she learned literally nothing from 2007/8 it's fuckin' nuts.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

VikingSkull posted:

The thing I can't square is why was Obama telling her to not go after a recount if he knew the Russians meddled in the election, that makes no sense. Seems like a slam dunk case for a recount if I ever heard one.

Well because it wasn't actual hacking of the voter boxes and everyone knew that. It was more things like 'publishing poo poo the dnc actually said'. And Russia interference on every level really isn't a good thing but to be quite honest the problem was much more that her campaign was complete amateur hour and couldn't put even minor issues to bed. Compare how Obama handled things like 'you didn't build that' and Jeramiah Wright to poo poo like the emails. I mean the truth is Obama is almost certainly much much cleaner but he also had the ability to not have a single issue dog him from the beginning of primary to literally the last day of the general election.

To put the bulk of the blame on Russia, as her campaign postmortum has endlessly tried to do, is a complete joke. It's going to be very hard to get an accurate retelling of the hillary campaign simply because it's going to be one sided stories from a bunch of incompetent campaign staff trying to cover their rear end and present themselves in the best possible light. Of course that happens to some degree for every campaign autopsy but it's going to be a lot worse for this one.

TROIKA CURES GREEK fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 18, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pick posted:

I'm sorry, I know the white guilt runs hard among you folks, but what exactly did Obama handle well? Was it bailing out the bankers you loved so much, or passing a health care law that was incomplete and destined for bloat and abuse? Was it put some control on college expenses and student loans?

I know Hillary would have thrown some money at K-12, and there Obama laid a huge poo poo.

Some infrastructure would have been pretty darn cool too. You know, more actual jobs and fewer memes of him dunking Oreos while dismissing all critique out of hand.

He handled being propped up in the Whitehouse and being set for life afterwards pretty well I'd say. I wish I could have such things.

I know that's not the answer though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Trump being a flagrant moron should have sealed her election whether you like her or not. At the time, "Let him show that he is completely incapable of doing this" seemed like an okay bet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PathAsc posted:

He handled being propped up in the Whitehouse and being set for life afterwards pretty well I'd say. I wish I could have such things.

I know that's not the answer though.

"Everything is great now!" tells Obama to country where almost every single young person is underemployed, the average American is living paycheck-to-paycheck and has less than $400 in savings, and towns in the rust belt haven't seen job creation since the 80s.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
"The campaign assassination of Bernie Sanders by the coward Hillary Clinton"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

Trump being a flagrant moron should have sealed her election whether you like her or not. At the time, "Let him show that he is completely incapable of doing this" seemed like an okay bet.

it seemed like a safe bet if you only talked to upper management of multibillion-dollar companies, who would tend to agree with the idea that four years of the President loving around and accomplishing nothing would be worse than four years of the President deliberately and competently destroying everyone who was not upper management of a multibillion-dollar company

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 18, 2017

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Why write a book when this gif is more succinct:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Obama ran on "hope" and "change" expecting to deliver neither, and delivering neither. He had no idea how anything worked. He was the pinnacle of the tech-bro era mindset, where it's about manipulating optics and not realizing that only works for so long. If he'd instituted or even pushed for a $20 minimum wage, Hillary would be president.

Lol there's no loving way $20 minimum wage was going to happen. $15 is barely happening in TYOOL 2017 for fucks sake.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

down n out posted:

Why write a book when this gif is more succinct:

the structure never collapsed, 2/5

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

Yeah, pretty much.

You can dress it up all you like but in the USA, elections are run on "Same as before" or "Different as before". If Obama had been good, people would have voted for "Same as before". He was not.

Hillary was "same as before" not in the sense that she represented a continuation of Obama's policies (because that would have been Biden, if anyone). Hillary was "same as before" in that she ran, and lost, and the nation said "no thanks Hillary" and she kept coming back. It doesn't help that she'd been absolutely slandered in a media war for 30 years, whereas Obama came in not carrying that baggage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
leaks are good, whistleblowers are good. idgaf what their origin or motivations are and that shouldn't matter so long as they are providing accurate, verifiable information about wrongdoings. let the russians air any of our dirty laundry they find all they want.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it seemed like a safe bet if you only talked to upper management of multibillion-dollar companies, who would tend to agree with the idea that four years of the President loving around and accomplishing nothing would be worse than four years of the President deliberately and competently destroying everyone who was not upper management of a multibillion-dollar company

This. Even I missed it because I live in an academic liberal bubble and when I walked through my house and heard my racist, dipshit family saying stuff like "gently caress Hillary, that bitch, she's a lying crook just like the rest of them. Trump has nothing to lose because he's already rich also he's gonna put up a wall to keep those loving mexicans out" I just sort of brushed them off because I always brush them off because they're loving stupid.

Serves me right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

Hillary was "same as before" not in the sense that she represented a continuation of Obama's policies (because that would have been Biden, if anyone). Hillary was "same as before" in that she ran, and lost, and the nation said "no thanks Hillary" and she kept coming back. It doesn't help that she'd been absolutely slandered in a media war for 30 years, whereas Obama came in not carrying that baggage.

Even that is details. Come on, we've read the same presidential history books. People vote for same party or different party depending on if things got better under the last person. That's the dominant force, the rest are details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but seriously, does the book cover the dnc pushing for trump? i'd legitimately like to learn more about that.

• Locked thread