Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

free basket of chips posted:

Can I date the doctor

Yes. I think you can date any of the female confidants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In Training posted:

Makoto = snitch. She's hanging out with the cool kids but she's still a square at heart.

Her awakening scene is the best, she steals all the evidence from her sister, handles the lovely guy in her slink without going to the cops, and takes charge of the situation in like 2 seconds when you need to drive the cat car out of the pyramid

Like the second thing she does in the game is lie to Principal Egg and use herself as bait right after

She's real good

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
got another hour in last night, almost done with the first palace. looking forward to catching up to what y'all are talking about in 2038

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Makoto = snitch. She's hanging out with the cool kids but she's still a square at heart.

Wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic JoJo's reference in one of the classroom questions

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah and another class question answer was "a dragon ball"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

th jojo ref in persona Q was 100% th best part of the game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

makoto is not a snitch, I will fight you

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the (late November poo poo) cruise ship dungeon is so good. it really feels like an older smt dungeon design. maybe because the Halls are so long? light frost will forever be my mortal enemy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fungah! posted:

th jojo ref in persona Q was 100% th best part of the game

thanks for reminding me about that game that i will play after i beat p5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dungeon 4 Boss epic ending: I got my first fusion mutation and ended up w/Arahabaki. Later in the boss fight he reflected Sphinx Dive for like 2000 damage and killed her :madmax:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Dungeon 4 Boss epic ending: I got my first fusion mutation and ended up w/Arahabaki. Later in the boss fight he reflected Sphinx Dive for like 2000 damage and killed her :madmax:

Lol that's awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"I will repay you somehow for your curry kindness today."

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

post your best random bullshit deaths

my favorite was the mc getting raged then attacking an enemy who reflects physical. A classic!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Agean90 posted:

my favorite was the mc getting raged then attacking an enemy who reflects physical. A classic!

had this happen to me

the biggest bullshit is the brain jack boss in mementos. motherfucker got my entire party and i lost an hour of progress.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Agean90 posted:

the elephant dude that knocks your rear end down with a crit and then giant slices you

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Agean90 posted:

My MC getting feared, having one turn to act which he loses to fear and then getting Ghastly Wail'd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm always ticked off by a Hama/Mudo attack that just lands.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

have not had this happen yet, they never seem to Target mc with them

my first death to King frost I didn't even have a chance to act, he got the jump on me and cast mabufudyne while Ann was in my party. he used his 1 more to do his severe damage attack to my MC who got frozen and shattered me to death

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My rear end tightens whenever an enemy uses an instakill spell.

Speaking of, Forget is super strong. I was hitting Anubis with it probly 90% of the time, rendering him useless. MVP of dungeon 4 is baton passed Ryuji w/swift strike tho.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
headbutt continues to be amazing in every dungeon, ryuji continues to be an s class ally

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't get to play last night and it's tearing me up inside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Speaking of, Forget is super strong. I was hitting Anubis with it probly 90% of the time, rendering him useless. MVP of dungeon 4 is baton passed Ryuji w/swift strike tho.

I had a Matador with Swift Strike that crushed Dungeon 2 and then got excited as hell when Ryuji learned it too.

Good to know about Forget, I just made a star persona with Forget all + Forget Boost + the Psi skills which I think get the Technical bonus on any target with a status effect. Could be a monstrous combo heading into Dungeon 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

You're giving the guy on the left way too much credit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteTardyLadiesRalpherZ

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmao again

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ryuji is a god damned monster.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

3/10 could have been quicker

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Speaking of, I think Ryuji is supposed to text me or something to progress his S.Link to rank 7 but it's August now and he hasn't done anything for a month. Is there some sort of trigger I'm missing

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
It took forever for Ryuji to text me too. Idk why for sure. Probably so that you don't finish his link in May.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng posted:

Speaking of, I think Ryuji is supposed to text me or something to progress his S.Link to rank 7 but it's August now and he hasn't done anything for a month. Is there some sort of trigger I'm missing

Dunno, I maxed it the other night in early August

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
[Getting hit by a charged melee attack from a boss with my drain phys persona and ann sitting on a concentrated heat riser agidyne next turn] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmH8_3S9rHU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I just spent 29.99 to get the 110 track Persona 5 soundtrack on itunes AMA

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fumaofthelake posted:

I just spent 29.99 to get the 110 track Persona 5 soundtrack on itunes AMA

is it available on any music service that doesn't turn my computer into a boulder

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

hubris.height posted:

is it available on any music service that doesn't turn my computer into a boulder

Afaik it's the only domestic option right now

The majority of the good songs are on YouTube though

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
is the exam song on there

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Hizke posted:

is the exam song on there

It's "Life Goes On" if you wanna look it up and yes

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's "Life Goes On" if you wanna look it up and yes

gently caress yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks to my learning Japanese ( :grin: ) I noticed a funny issue around the Akihabara arcade story. They talk about a game called Gun About which is just a complete nonsense phrase. You can see the game screen in some shots and it shows that the Japanese name is Gunna Baouto which would be translated as Gunner Bout. But in the same screen the Japanese writers also put in some probably machine translated English that says Gun About so the localizers probably had to stick with that so the speaking didn't clash with the written words on the arcade screen. So everyone just sounds like dumbasses when they talk about it. Owned, Prrsona 5 localizers!!!

• Locked thread