Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

rear end Catchcum posted:

Well they aren't canon so why waste your time...

A good story is always a good story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You literally cannot find these on Amazon without typing that exact name in, but good to know!

So this is interesting: I'm checking prices to see how the various ways compare. If you buy the digital Dark Horse collections, they are $12 through Amazon (which claim to work on Kindle and Comixology). It's $20 in print, though Dark Horse Omnibu are digest-sized, rather than full comic-sized. If you buy the same collection from Comixology, they are $20. Volume 1 is 27* issues/480 pages (collection #1-27). Marvel's first volume is $16 digitally through Amazon, $30 through Comixology, and $25 in print. It's 26 issues, plus some content from some other publications, for 496 pages. So it seems the cheapest way to get it is to buy the Dark Horse reprints digitally through Amazon, making individual issues $0.44, though you miss some additional material. In print, it's also the Dark Horse collections, though they are smaller and also missing some (additional, possibly interesting) content.

*Both Amazon and Comixology say they collect #1-27, then go on to say they collect 26 issues.
code:
              Amazon Print        Amazon Digital      Comixology
Marvel        $25.33 ($0.97/iss)  $16.19 ($0.62)      $29.99 ($1.15)
Dark Horse    $19.55 ($0.72)      $11.99 ($0.44)      $19.99 ($0.74)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I'd really love to know when any collection of Tales Of The Jedi is going to be released digitally.

Edit: VVVVVV All I see there are single issues; what I'd prefer is that they re-release the omnibus

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 10, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

plainswalker75 posted:

I'd really love to know when any collection of Tales Of The Jedi is going to be released digitally.
Did...you try searching for it?

https://www.comixology.com/search?lang=1&search=tales+of+the+jedi

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Dr Aphra continues to be aces. I love evil indiana jones

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The main Star Wars comic and Dr. Aphra are going to do a crossover.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't been keeping up with the main comic. When (if at all) is it projected to reach ESB?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the main comic. When (if at all) is it projected to reach ESB?

As far as I know, they haven't said. At least with the canon reset there isn't decades of stuff crammed in that period...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's no projection and the best answer is likely "whenever Aaron and/or editorial feel like it." It's currently telling a prequel-era story about Yoda (as told in Obi-Wan's journal being read by Luke), for what it's worth.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I like pre-ESB era better for telling comic stories. It's before Luke starts really figuring out the whole Space Wizard thing and doesn't know if he wants to use his laser sword or his blaster and Han & Leia aren't a thing. I miss Lando, but other than that they can pretty much stay in pre-Empire forever as far as I'm concerned.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Dark Horse had both the SW and Aliens licenses. Why did they never cross them over? It would have been a license to print money!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

Probably two years after they run out of good stories

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

We have no idea when or if they will. I believe Jason Aaron said he has enough ideas for 50 issues, so probably not until then at the earliest.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 13, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This honestly sounds really good. I'm excited.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Countdown to internet theorising that Aphra is Rey's mom in 3, 2, 1...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Countdown to internet theorising that Aphra is Rey's mom in 3, 2, 1...

You're months behind that theory being floated.

It's true

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Zeroisanumber posted:

I like pre-ESB era better for telling comic stories. It's before Luke starts really figuring out the whole Space Wizard thing and doesn't know if he wants to use his laser sword or his blaster and Han & Leia aren't a thing. I miss Lando, but other than that they can pretty much stay in pre-Empire forever as far as I'm concerned.

Also how long is the time between empire and returns?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

I think it's 1 year?

Also the new Poe Dameron issue is out and Agent Terex continues to be a great villain.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's three years between ANH and ESB and one year between ESB and ROTJ.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

Not 100% sure, but I remember that the whole saga was supposed to be about as long as WWII.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
New Darth Vader ongoing by Charles Soule and Giuseppe Camuncoli

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress. I should have put "Vol. 1" instead of issue numbers on my bound copy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh well on the one hand I like the sound of more Vader but on the other I can't imagine soule being able to do Vader like gillen did

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

A more in depth interview with Soule about the new Darth Vader series on StarWars.com plus the cover of issue #2

quote:

StarWars.com: We’re going to see the beginnings of the Inquisitor program. What can you say about its origins?

Charles Soule: It’s super-cool and thought-out to a high degree, which is fun to write. It’s such a big part of the Star Wars canon now, especially in [Star Wars] Rebels, and being able to explain and give more depth to it is a dream. This whole series is like that — answering huge questions about the construction of Palpatine’s Empire and his tools. Not just Vader, but the Inquisitors, the military, Imperial society, etc. I am a lucky writer.

This makes me very excited for the new Darth Vader series.

jivjov posted:

gently caress. I should have put "Vol. 1" instead of issue numbers on my bound copy.

Good news for you. The full series name is Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith.

https://twitter.com/HeatherAntos/status/840252487915491328

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Does anyone know if there is a place where you can find all of the nucanon "comic strips" in one place?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Amazon? Maybe the marvel app if you want to pay through the nose?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Looks like C3PO is going to remain a prisoner for some time. Unless R2 rescues him off page.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

http://www.starwars.com/news/swco-2017-marvel-reveals-captain-phasma-miniseries-exclusive

4-issue Plasma comic set after Episode VII was announced:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Good to see she got out of the compactor.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

IDW's publishing a Star Wars series:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/853005071000502272

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Het, does anyone know any good Star Wars podcasts or YouTube channels to follow? I'm interested in getting deeper into the fandom and that seemed like a good place to start.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TFRazorsaw posted:

Het, does anyone know any good Star Wars podcasts or YouTube channels to follow? I'm interested in getting deeper into the fandom and that seemed like a good place to start.

I recommend Star Wars Beyond the Films with Nathan Butler.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

To the Dark Side, that leads.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Star Wars Show on the official Star Wars YouTube Channel is pretty good, albeit corporate.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

They should cut to the point and call it pure strain nostalgia.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Davros1 posted:

To the Dark Side, that leads.

is that for real are you making a lark?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

is that for real are you making a lark?

Lark.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

Possibly Full of Sith? They have their positives and negatives.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

Possibly Full of Sith? They have their positives and negatives.

are they a podcast or a youtube channel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Podcast.

I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but it was the first thing that occurred to me to recommend. :shrug: