Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Leavemywife posted:

In vanilla Persona 4, you could be dating every girl at once, with bo repercussions. I was actually pretty disappointed when I found that out.

Just like real life :troll:

I did like in GTA: San Andreas how you could date everyone without issue but if you visited another girl's house while on a date she would (rightfully) flip the gently caress out and you would suffer a huge relationship penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

I admit I was expecting him to punch the boulder like Chris Redfield.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
My Favorite Little Thing in a game I haven't even played yet:

The Bosses in the Nier: Automata DLC's Boss Fight

I laughed so hard I cried.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zinkraptor posted:

Another great little thing - if you try to pull that in Persona 4 Golden, this happens, and everyone hates you and you feel miserable and no one wins, it's great.

If you do it in Persona 5, every girl you're in a relationship with will turn up.

Together.

And beat you to within an inch of your life.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you do it in Persona 5, every girl you're in a relationship with will turn up.

Together.

oh dear

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
well there's always ng+

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I only got Breath of the Wild a week ago so I'm behind, but I like that you can feed horses and dogs and probably other things too. Also Hestu, I like him because he is a big treebaby with maracas.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Avulsion posted:

I love this game so much

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Avulsion posted:

Heh, when I saw the headlines I thought that was a reference to the ending where the credits turn into bullet hell and you have to kill everyone's name

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Together.

loving. Perfect.

Hopping on the 'Persona 5 is dripping style everywhere please stop you're making a mess' train. The menus having individual animations, the social link characters, Mementos. And the pace of the game never makes it feel like a grind, which is a great improvement over 4.

So, I know its sort of the theme, but the main teams designs are also well done. Each Persona feels like an extension of the character and their motivations, and it helps make them more relatable. Though I wish there was a 'Slap Ryuji' button during some cutscenes. It fits his character but drat does he need to get slapped a few times.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, I know its sort of the theme, but the main teams designs are also well done. Each Persona feels like an extension of the character and their motivations, and it helps make them more relatable. Though I wish there was a 'Slap Ryuji' button during some cutscenes. It fits his character but drat does he need to get slapped a few times.

I'm really hoping it ends up like Yosuke's social link from 4 where at the end you just get to deck him because he realizes what a moron he's been.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

J.A.B.C. posted:

loving. Perfect.

Hopping on the 'Persona 5 is dripping style everywhere please stop you're making a mess' train. The menus having individual animations, the social link characters, Mementos. And the pace of the game never makes it feel like a grind, which is a great improvement over 4.

food court bailiff posted:

I'm really hoping it ends up like Yosuke's social link from 4 where at the end you just get to deck him because he realizes what a moron he's been.

There is a VERY satisfying scene late in the game of Ryuji getting what's coming to him is all I'll say. That and there is a point and an arc to him getting up his own rear end about popularity, even if he is an absolute idiot in need of a good smack round the head most of the time.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is a VERY satisfying scene late in the game of Ryuji getting what's coming to him is all I'll say. That and there is a point and an arc to him getting up his own rear end about popularity, even if he is an absolute idiot in need of a good smack round the head most of the time.

The worst part is that it fits his character like a glove. He is a Pirate: loud, bombastic, confrontational and completely open about his disregard of the rules. He does what he wants, when he wants, and his Persona and disguise match that. We want to slap him for it, but that's because it's done well. That's kinda what I mean by their characters and persona fitting so well.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

BioEnchanted posted:

The only time I had to deal with it I got kicked to just before the boss I was fighting (Rampy?). Didn't mind that as a spawn point, but I found that fight kinda hard to control, gave up and went to do something else..

Yeah, the Rampy fight is pretty tricky. Fortunately you can use the respawning butterflies at the bottom of the ramp to restore health, and if you wait a few seconds, energy restores automatically.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

The worst part is that it fits his character like a glove. He is a Pirate: loud, bombastic, confrontational and completely open about his disregard of the rules. He does what he wants, when he wants, and his Persona and disguise match that. We want to slap him for it, but that's because it's done well. That's kinda what I mean by their characters and persona fitting so well.

Also it's difficult to hate him too much when you've got Yuuki right over there.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I have Homefront: Revolution on Xbox One and really quite enjoy it, but just couldn't stop thinking it'd be more enjoyable on PC. I'm a PC gamer mostly and while I really like the game, I just cannot get into the gunplay with a controller. Really need KB+M.

So I bought it on Steam as a birthday present for myself (not really too much of a waste, as the Xbox version I got for $10 second hand).

I own a Corsair K95 RGB Mechanical keyboard, which I love to death. Best keyboard I've ever owned. But on loading the game for the first time, my custom colours and the entire keyboard when blank. My first thought was "gently caress, has my keyboard died?"

Then as the main menu came up in the game, the colours on my keyboard returned. In the design of the American flag. :patriot:

loving perfect.

Edit: Holy poo poo http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=162886

princecoo has a new favorite as of 22:06 on Apr 18, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One thing I love about Croteam is that as some of PC gaming's OGs they're super supportive of their old releases. I bought the HD re-release of Serious Sam seven years ago and since then they've quietly added the original unadulterated version of the game, a developer-supported platform for fans to mod the game, and now an overhauled version of their engine that acts as a hub where you can play every Serious Sam game you own in a single executable to my Steam library free of charge with full support (achievements, etc.). In an age where other people are selling HD re-releases as full-priced titles its cool that they just keep delivering.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

One thing I love about Croteam is that as some of PC gaming's OGs they're super supportive of their old releases. I bought the HD re-release of Serious Sam seven years ago and since then they've quietly added the original unadulterated version of the game, a developer-supported platform for fans to mod the game, and now an overhauled version of their engine that acts as a hub where you can play every Serious Sam game you own in a single executable to my Steam library free of charge with full support (achievements, etc.). In an age where other people are selling HD re-releases as full-priced titles its cool that they just keep delivering.
yeah Croteam are cool. The Postal 2 guys are similar, they keep updating and adding to the game even though it's like 16 years old, like a joke sign in the mall saying "store opening July 2016" or something was patched to be an all-new area in July 2016

unfortunately, it's still incredibly poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/FrUICkP.mp4

(Yakuza 0) Kiryu has such great range. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I can't afford to buy a ps4 you jerk why are you doing this to me :mad:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I still don't understand the multiple second-long gif thing.

I feel old. :saddowns:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Neither can I. That's why I watch LPs.

poptart_fairy posted:

:shrug: It was there so I used it. I already had to make the nails one a gif on my own but I have no idea where to look for the RC cart racer scene.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Tumblr can't handle really long gifs unless you ruin the image quality.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I don't get it. There's a ladder on the side of that building, which you are explicitly told about, so you can get on top of that building and advance the plot? Unless it's just showing off how you can ride a stasis'd object, which I thought was old news by now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I don't get it. There's a ladder on the side of that building, which you are explicitly told about, so you can get on top of that building and advance the plot? Unless it's just showing off how you can ride a stasis'd object, which I thought was old news by now.

They're not doing it to get on top of the building, they're doing it to show off the ridiculous poo poo you can do in that game.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The absurdity of riding a boulder is funny.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I don't understand why that person ramped that flaming motorcycle off the top of that skyscraper. Was the elevator out of order?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

RareAcumen posted:

The fact that those cars are in yakuza 0 makes me want to play it. I love those things!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Please, Yakuza is a serious game about the dark, depraved depths of the Japanese criminal underworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Mo7U0XSFo&t=70s

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MiddleOne posted:

It really sucks that it's a Sony exclusive, as crummy as the Binary Domain PC port was* I'd still buy all the Yakuza games in an instant if they ever hit Steam.

*It's still a great game regardless and Big Bo is my favorite little (big) thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m7QjqemJRc

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Binary Domain was a way better game than I was expecting. :allears: Though the voice recognition thing never ever worked for me.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I love how satisfyingly the robots fall apart as you shoot them in that game.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RareAcumen posted:

Neither can I. That's why I watch LPs.

:shrug: It was there so I used it. I already had to make the nails one a gif on my own but I have no idea where to look for the RC cart racer scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENi_gmmJBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H4-9PHQRzs

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

2house2fly posted:

I love how satisfyingly the robots fall apart as you shoot them in that game.

The game actually gives you more points for shooting them to pieces rather than efficient kills too.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So Bravely Second does a pretty cool thing to get to Chapter 5/new game+

The bad guy essentially wins in the end, so you have to start a new game+ and use the Bravely Second game mechanic to make the cutscene fight in the beginning of the game winnable.The only reason you are able to do this is because you start new game+ with all your equipment and jobs and such that you had from the end of the game, including the Hourglass which makes Bravely Second possible in the first place

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Joey Freshwater posted:

They're not doing it to get on top of the building, they're doing it to show off the ridiculous poo poo you can do in that game.

One guy used that trick to get off the Great Plateau early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRfg_0lxIc&t=114s

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Gorilla Salad posted:

One guy used that trick to get off the Great Plateau early.

Gamers hate him!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love that in breath of wild if you jump on the side of a bridge near an npc that npc will try to talk you off the ledge, telling you that poo poo is pretty bad but it's not worth jumping.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

TontoCorazon posted:

I love that in breath of wild if you jump on the side of a bridge near an npc that npc will try to talk you off the ledge, telling you that poo poo is pretty bad but it's not worth jumping.

What!? :psyboom:
That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
IIRC it's a specific NPC and bridge, and he tells you that because he's standing there doomsaying about the end of the world.