Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
His philosophy of GO loving H.A.M. is very appealing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Teikanmi posted:

Kled is a man's man's jungler

agreed. we cant deny the powerful masculinity of invader zim quotes

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Idk the bird lady and bird guy talking like characters from Buffy or Angel feels somehow worse than wacky Kled

Also the fact any character that is remotely an animal in some way is now related to those loving dorks makes them even worse

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Idk the bird lady and bird guy talking like characters from Buffy or Angel feels somehow worse than wacky Kled

Also the fact any character that is remotely an animal in some way is now related to those loving dorks makes them even worse

I sort of like Rakan from what lines I've heard but it's very possible I just got the wrong impression and he's supposed to sound like a cool laid back guy instead of an aloof egotist akin to a more relaxed Draven.

Like, one is his lines is "I never think :smuggo:" surely he's supposed to come across as dumb and self absorbed right?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
HEs a noob, and like all noobs he exists to be crushed, not to be analyzed. As always, I remain;

ThE N00BCRuSHER

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Xayah swore and I just got so offended

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not playing with champion quotes off in 2k17 :lol:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

But I want to hear Ivern being all nice and friendly to everyone.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Don't jungle Kled, it's pretty bad.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

How does one Skarner? I've been trying him out in a few games recently, and it's been going Not Well.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Flash-R-Q-Pray your team reacts

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Timetravel back to when Skarner was both Fun and Good.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, travel back to a time that never existed lol

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

henkman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi-K9P4ZKa4

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i feel old remembering skarner used to have sustain built into his E and it was just enough that he'd be occasionally run toplane and work

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

henkman posted:

That's poo poo ain't fair he was fun before they decided the really lovely node they didn't want to support but leagues equivalent of hipsters stood by was forcibly attached to him as his loving passive

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

gatekeeper galio quotes are pretty fun

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So can someone explain to me how in the world is Kayle into Nasus a favourable matchup for Kayle? I've literally never won that lane, early on he just Es me on cooldown and later on his W makes it completely impossible to trade with him.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Buy a BorK first item and then an Executioner's Calling, Q him when he W's you and kite away, and that's about it

edit: Also you have to not suck at attack moving, so, yeah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

People are building Kayle AD now? What is this madness :psyduck:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Schiavona posted:

How does one Skarner? I've been trying him out in a few games recently, and it's been going Not Well.

Cinderhulk trinity deadmans every game, powerfarm the jungle with your absurd passive, collect your free kill every time flash+ult is up, don't touch krugs unless absolutely nothing is happening because they're outside the Skarner Zone and take forever. You can practically 1v2 in your zones so try to bait even fights in them. Late game you're primarily a peeler in teamfights except when you can flash on a carry and pull them into your team. I usually max E first then W but none of his skills scale very well with points so the order is flexible.

Also remember that if you're dragging someone toward your teammates with ult, you can do a 180 turn right before the ult wears off and it'll reposition them behind you i.e. closer to your team.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah I don't like this. How is Rengar one of those things? They're like 80% human with different animal bits thrown on them and Rengar is an upright lion. Maybe they'll give him a visual update and he'll have deer antlers and a shark tail.
So wait is Alastar a vistaya now? Are the yordles still aliens??

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yeah I don't like this. How is Rengar one of those things? They're like 80% human with different animal bits thrown on them and Rengar is an upright lion. Maybe they'll give him a visual update and he'll have deer antlers and a shark tail.

Does anyone actually care about the league lore

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
7.8 Notes

As always, the real gems are in the bug fixes:
Lucian’s Q - Piercing Light now costs the correct amount of mana

Fixed a bug where disconnecting during the cast of R - Hero’s Entrance could cause Galio to be unable to target units and structures

Fake edit: why is poro king back so soon? gently caress that boring rear end game mode

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Alistar, Nami, Swain, Nidalee, Udyr are all sorta furries now so ya. Yordles are still their own thing.

It's lame like when they did Iceworld's lore rewrite and half the cast suddenly was from Iceworld

fnox
May 19, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Fake edit: why is poro king back so soon? gently caress that boring rear end game mode

better than 2 weeks of loving ARSR

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ASMR mode where all the characters sort of whisper-buzz their dialog

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Buy a BorK first item and then an Executioner's Calling, Q him when he W's you and kite away, and that's about it

edit: Also you have to not suck at attack moving, so, yeah

Q on him and W on yourself still doesn't make up for his E, he's still significantly faster and it lasts longer.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sion leans in close to microphone: "~~~who is your summoner~~~, ~~~and what does he do~~~"

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 18, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aumanor posted:

Q on him and W on yourself still doesn't make up for his E, he's still significantly faster and it lasts longer.

Then cutlass him too. Nasus doesn't max his slow until level 13 at earliest, which means you should be grouping at that point and you don't need to worry about it. You should also be lifestealing the entire time he's running at you with attack move autos. Yeah

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 18, 2017

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

7.8 Notes

As always, the real gems are in the bug fixes:
Lucian’s Q - Piercing Light now costs the correct amount of mana

Fixed a bug where disconnecting during the cast of R - Hero’s Entrance could cause Galio to be unable to target units and structures

How about the Lissandra bugfix right in her changes?
BUGFIX Fixed a bug that caused Iceborn's cooldown to not be reduced when Ring of Frost killed a unit :downs:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How bad is her passive that no one noticed that?

Also swain is a furry now? Imteresting

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoVilNVsRPE

I really like the look of the new Stretching Strike. I might have to give Zac another go in future.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 19, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
Zac is one of those champs that always interested me but I've just never clicked with his playstyle, I'll have to try him again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

ASMR mode where all the characters sort of whisper-buzz their dialog

ten hours of sona "only you can hear me summoner"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29e8y-rEwM

Maokai's got a new VO too, probably a new history, etc.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New Sejuani kinda looks lovely

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Teikanmi posted:

New Sejuani kinda looks lovely

I dunno man, infinite stuns looks p saucy to me

She has hard CC on three different abilities now, that's pretty strong tbqh

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Transient People posted:

I dunno man, infinite stuns looks p saucy to me

She has hard CC on three different abilities now, that's pretty strong tbqh

I'm not sure. It's a four hit passive for MELEE champs only. So an Ivern-Sej-Braum-Kled-ADC team would be brutal. But it would really suck to be the only melee champ on your team.

Also, Maokai's ult looks underwhelming. You can't hit any enemies except by casting the ult on top of them, and the ult CC scales with travel distance. A point blank new Maokai ult only gives a 0.5 sec root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

golden bubble posted:

I'm not sure. It's a four hit passive for MELEE champs only. So an Ivern-Sej-Braum-Kled-ADC team would be brutal. But it would really suck to be the only melee champ on your team.

Also, Maokai's ult looks underwhelming. You can't hit any enemies except by casting the ult on top of them, and the ult CC scales with travel distance. A point blank new Maokai ult only gives a 0.5 sec root.

Depending on the range I can see it's use as a strong zoning tool. Like if you can use it at the right angle you can create situations where the enemy team has to run into your team or have their stragglers get caught in the ult and picked off if they try to disengage. That would require very particular positioning but could be doable. Also might be useful for sieges and dragon/baron fights where you either force people to gently caress off or take the aoe root (well unless they cluster so that only one person gets hit) that your team will be able to immediately follow up on.

Like it might still end up bad, but there's some potential uses there so we wont know for sure until it's out for a while.

• Locked thread