Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Slightly Absurd posted:

Here's how I think it'll play out: most likely at least 1/3 of the contestants would be immediately gunning for Goku. Let them. While he's running around the edge of the arena, a troop of u7 fighters could easily pick off most of them. Tien might be collateral damage here.
Buu is likely to get rekt, because who cares. 17 will probably get rekt by some crazy threat to show how much of a threat they are [edit: probably Jiren.] Krillin will probably solar flare his way through at least 4-5 opponents, and then get ringed out by some sneak attack. 18'll make it through because she's pretty tourney savvy [edit: and by ringing out whoever took out Krillin.] Roshi will probably also make it through with some trickery.
Piccolo will get ringed out defending Gohan [but he'll defeat Frost.] Goku and Vegeta will probably both double ring out by Jiren and Girl Brolli. Gohan will probably beat the Pride Troop in a pose off/fight, and ultimately come through because Goku believes in him.

None of this is going to happen. The tournament will not conclude in a winner, it is going to devolve into some kind of free for all fight against the gods. No tournament in Dragonball history has ever stuck to the rules straight through the end. Something always get hosed up that turns it into a real battle.

It was going to happen at the end of the U6/U7 tournament but Zeno cock blocked us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

None of this is going to happen. The tournament will not conclude in a winner, it is going to devolve into some kind of free for all fight against the gods. No tournament in Dragonball history has ever stuck to the rules straight through the end. Something always get hosed up that turns it into a real battle.

What about the first two?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

What about the first two?

Did Goku turn into a giant ape and blow up half the city in the first tournament? I donno its been a while since I watched Dragonball.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The tournament with Piccolo is the other way around! Everyone thinks it's a fight to save the world, except Goku, who knows it's just a tournament and still angles for the win.

He winds up being right, too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Did Goku turn into a giant ape and blow up half the city in the first tournament? I donno its been a while since I watched Dragonball.

he turned into a giant ape and broke the ring and the building a little bit before roshi blew up the moon

second tournament had tien destroy the ring and the winner was the one that hit the ground last

third tournament had piccolo destroy the ring and surrounding area and then goku beat him up and he left

also if you count the one if the buu saga, half the fighters left early and I think they changed the format into a battle royale? anyway satan bribed 18 into taking a dive at the end

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

he turned into a giant ape and broke the ring and the building a little bit before roshi blew up the moon

second tournament had tien destroy the ring and the winner was the one that hit the ground last

third tournament had piccolo destroy the ring and surrounding area and then goku beat him up and he left

also if you count the one if the buu saga, half the fighters left early and I think they changed the format into a battle royale? anyway satan bribed 18 into taking a dive at the end

Cell games gave up on out of bounds rules pretty quick too :v:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I like how even after the Supreme Kai said 'I'm gonna go check out other worlds to see if there are any strong fighters', he's still just loving sitting at Bulma's house eating with Beerus.

This universe deserves to be destroyed because both the Supreme Kai and the God of Destruction just do not do their loving jobs.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I feel like Shin flew out into space, got like halfway to the first planet, and then said "Oh who am I loving kidding Earth is the only place with anyone strong left why bother"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Brollina:
http://i.imgur.com/uQGonIm.jpg

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

supreme kai can instantly teleport to anywhere in any universe, at any point in time; there are only 20 something planets with life on them in the entire universe apparently

it probably didn't take him that long to check each planet. he probably did a bad job of it because that's his whole thing, but I can believe that he at least tried in the time since he said that

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Black August posted:

I feel like Shin flew out into space, got like halfway to the first planet, and then said "Oh who am I loving kidding Earth is the only place with anyone strong left why bother"

meanwhile on new namek like 5 namekians are god level or something but i don't think shin even knows about new namek because he counted namek as one of the destroyed planets when thinking about people to recruit

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Science Goku and then Goku, Luffy, Gintoki, and Jotaro are going to fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

There being only 20 planets with life on them makes no goddamn sense considering that Frieza ran a space army with a bunch of different races and sold planets.

That's Toriyama for you I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe those 20 planets are really big and everyone moved to them when joining frieza's empire or space jellyfish's kingdom

maybe the saiyans were for clearing planets and frieza had separate squads for deporting aliens to other planets

maybe nobody at toei thought that hard about the number and don't care if it makes sense

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah I really don't care that much. Part of the charm of dragonball is toei and toriyama making it up as they go along.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

There being only 20 planets with life on them makes no goddamn sense considering that Frieza ran a space army with a bunch of different races and sold planets.

Clearly Friezas space army, the abysmal number of remaining planets, and U7s low mortal level are all connected.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Can't wait for the tournament proper to start next year so she can finally show up and do stuff.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Monaghan posted:

pretty sure frieza picked his soldiers off of worlds he genocided also i think it was frieza buying planets off of the saiyans after they genocide them how frieza got the spacebucks to do so who knows.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Monaghan posted:

I'm honestly banking on a translation error or something like that. Maybe he meant there's only about twenty planets worth looking at? Twenty planets where they developed martial arts rather than just ray guns?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

pretty sure frieza picked his soldiers off of worlds he genocided also i think it was frieza buying planets off of the saiyans after they genocide them how frieza got the spacebucks to do so who knows.

but who the gently caress is buying all these planets?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kild posted:

A few of the surviving 28 planets, obviously.

We have no reason to believe Freeza wouldn't kill the buyers who failed to pay or stopped being useful, either, so who knows how many of those people are actually alive, much less their planets.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Maybe they forgot to wish back all the stuff Buu destroyed beyond what was on Earth.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
28 planets is Toei filler.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's as much canon as anything else

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The manga will say 28,000 planets, and that Chiaotzu can't beat up Guldo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The manga will say nothing as it's a plot outline pretending to be a manga.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kild posted:

Getting planets to sell is the DB equivalent of Umbrella's mystical combat data.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dr gero would have made a pretty good mad scientist in resident evil when you think about it

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Momomo posted:

Getting planets to sell is the DB equivalent of Umbrella's mystical combat data.

Frieza's had a much more sound corporate strategy then Umbrella ever did, I'm offended you put the two on the same level.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can see 20 something planets with life that anyone cares about. Could be a planet full of Yamchas.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

fieza is buying the planets

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Manatee Cannon posted:

dr gero would have made a pretty good mad scientist in resident evil when you think about it

Honestly, Cell is a few giant eyeballs and exposed tendons away from pretty much being a Resident Evil Final Boss.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

When did Luffy get shredded? I don't care for it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

HitTheTargets posted:

When did Luffy get shredded? I don't care for it.

Luffy was always shredded, he just always has his shirt open now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So Brollina is going to be Cabba's wife right?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Testekill posted:

I'd say probably. I wonder if the unnamed king of Planet Sadal is going to show up

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Testekill posted:

Either that or his sister. That new piece of art makes them look very similar.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm pumped about Braly. Her power level is maxima!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

whoops wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Either that or his sister. That new piece of art makes them look very similar.

Maybe she's the Vegeta to his Tarble

• Locked thread