Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://warisboring.com/this-site-sells-replica-isis-suicide-vests-and-pressure-cooker-bombs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's nothing new. We've had training props like that for years.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That hellfire would be cool.

Not 2700 dollars cool.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What's cool is it seems to be in the exact style of an episode of How it's Made. Right down to the narration, editing, and sick guitar soundtrack.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Beastie posted:

What's cool is it seems to be in the exact style of an episode of How it's Made. Right down to the narration, editing, and sick guitar soundtrack.

God drat it now that loving music is stuck in my head.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rnr posted:

Look at the bright side, maybe the bombs that killed those children were really big and awesome

500# bombs are kinda lame grandpa poo poo tbqh

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
But not 2 at a time with a hellfire chaser

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

But not 2 at a time with a hellfire chaser

b17s use to poo poo out like 12 500 lbers at a time tho?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNdpxi9F1AA&t=75s

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Speaking of WWII bombers, today's the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid.

Only one of those ballsy fuckers left, age 101.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
poo poo I thought there was 2-3 left.

:(

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Duke Chin posted:

poo poo I thought there was 2-3 left.

Look at this guy who didn't watch them down booze on live tv a year or two ago.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

mlmp08 posted:

Look at this guy who didn't watch them down booze on live tv a year or two ago.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The last four opened their bottle of cognac in 2013, after deciding that even though it was supposed to be opened by the final two, they were A-too old to travel to another annual reunion and B-not sure if enough would survive the full year and that raising the toast alone would be worse.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

b17s use to poo poo out like 12 500 lbers at a time tho?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNdpxi9F1AA&t=75s

Yeah but that was mainly because out of all those bombs there was little to guarantee that any of them would come close to the target.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Iranian taxi shot of their F-313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95JmBfQgj0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's the most complex Mazda body kit I've ever seen.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's just a model.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

They've clearly got us beaten in taxiway to taxiway combat.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Wonder how powerful the electric motor inside that thing is to taxi it around the runway.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh okay maybe those are real(ish) engines, it looked like it was just fake bullshit for a second. The engines I mean because the rest of the plane lol.

gently caress I don't know it's probably all fake. They put a loving off the shelf garmin in the thing for fucks sake.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The body is fiberglass or molded plastic. You can see it in the loving interior photos they released recently. You can also see that there's no seal around the canopy. Also, body gap worse than a 1990 Chevrolet, which is a no-no if you're claiming low observability. And so on.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
What's the point of dumbass videos like that? Internal propaganda? Are Iranians that stupid?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Oh okay maybe those are real(ish) engines, it looked like it was just fake bullshit for a second. The engines I mean because the rest of the plane lol.

gently caress I don't know it's probably all fake. They put a loving off the shelf garmin in the thing for fucks sake.

The pictures of the inside of the plane show that it's full of off-the-shelf gauges and equipment from small turboprop planes, and I think the Iranians admitted that the footage of it flying was just radio-controlled models. It doesn't have any visible external or internal weapons carrying capability. As far as anyone can see, it's basically a shell with engines.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What's the point of dumbass videos like that? Internal propaganda?

Bingo.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

How censored is media in Iran? I mean anyone who can watch YouTube can probably tell the difference between that joke and the thousands of videos of western aircraft actually, you know, flying and poo poo

E. Apparently very censored, including YouTube and Facebook. Maybe my perspective is just off but that thing doesn't even look airworthy much less effective for any military purpose. It doesn't even have hardpoints.

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 21, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
So what you're saying is it'll be combat ready before the F-35B

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

So what you're saying is it'll be combat ready before the F-35B

I want an old-school History Channel comparison show of this fight.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That Iranian plane is a real operational design from a Cold War Russian program and the design has been online for sometime. It has an extremely high top speed. The design was scrapped by the USSR after a prototype was stolen by a covert CIA program in the '80s. The cockpit is that small because it is controlled largely by voice and thought (no poo poo).

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Blind Rasputin posted:

That Iranian plane is a real operational design from a Cold War Russian program and the design has been online for sometime. It has an extremely high top speed. The design was scrapped by the USSR after a prototype was stolen by a covert CIA program in the '80s. The cockpit is that small because it is controlled largely by voice and thought (no poo poo).

10/10, would read again

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Blind Rasputin posted:

:golfclap:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I heard the CIA officer who stole it went on to become mayor of Carmel, CA c/d

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Facebook video so I can't link directly, but here's the FSB arresting the brother of the St. Petersburg subway attacker:

https://www.facebook.com/izvestia.ru/videos/1517266724973953/

There's a nice surprise in his fanny pack, but because of the cut in the video you can't tell that the FSB didn't just plant it on him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdTgJwbqt4

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

The pictures of the inside of the plane show that it's full of off-the-shelf gauges and equipment from small turboprop planes, and I think the Iranians admitted that the footage of it flying was just radio-controlled models. It doesn't have any visible external or internal weapons carrying capability. As far as anyone can see, it's basically a shell with engines.

Yeah I know, I remember it being posted in the Aerospace and Coldwar threads.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

anyone who can watch YouTube can probably tell the difference between that joke and the thousands of videos of western aircraft actually, you know, flying and poo poo

I have terrible news for you. :negative:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

are Iran's problems something that will fix themselves in 30-40 years when the older generation dies off or do I simply only ever hear about liberal voices in Iran from people my age

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We were actually getting better with Iran then we had that stupid Axis of Evil moment and we're stuck with a bunch chicken hawks still mad about 1979

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

They're also run by the wrong religious leaders.