Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Classy dames!

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

fresh_cheese posted:

Mechanical keyboards own.

They own so hard I have a pile in the back of my office waiting to swap in for when I spill another cup of coffee on my current one. A couple weeks in the pile to dry out and it's good as new.

What I hate is cheap rear end usb / ps2 converterrrrrrrrrrs that sometimes speeeeeew a key here and there.

Sorry for your tender babby ears OP.

You've got to get that PS2 converter that's a little blue cube, the others all have problems because the model M has the power requirement of a washing machine on its spin cycle.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Sancho posted:

Old tv/monitor people are up there

Playing retro games on a Sony CRT is the only way to do it bro!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't dislike them, I just feel very little appreciable difference between them and a lovely 20 dollar logitech one. It certainly doesn't have any effect on my typing speed or accuracy which is all that really matters.

Umm, that was one of my rare "non-sarcastic" posts. I sincerely like mechanical keyboards and the only people who think they are lovely gimmicks are people who haven't tried using them.

I'm click-clacking away right now!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Sorry OP my keyboard owns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you should look at the rest of yospos while you are at it

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

BONGHITZ posted:

you should look at the rest of yospos while you are at it

>using VLC

lol what a pleb

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Pawn 17 posted:

Umm, that was one of my rare "non-sarcastic" posts. I sincerely like mechanical keyboards and the only people who think they are lovely gimmicks are people who haven't tried using them.

I'm click-clacking away right now!

I have a mechanical keyboard I paid like 130 dollars for and it's sitting unused because even at home my landlord complained that he could hear it through the ceiling. They aren't a lovely gimmick, they are just too expensive for the benefits/improvements they offer, in my opinion.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

>using VLC

lol what a pleb

it has yet to fail me, have you tried it?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah whenever i see anything 480p or below on a modern tv my eyes start bleeding.

"Game mode" will disable post processing to get your av-delay time down to only a handful of milliseconds more than a crt but nothing can make a lightgun work on one

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I have a mechanical keyboard I paid like 130 dollars for and it's sitting unused because even at home my landlord complained that he could hear it through the ceiling. They aren't a lovely gimmick, they are just too expensive for the benefits/improvements they offer, in my opinion.

Show me a non-mechanical keyboard with satisfying keys in a 60% layout

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

signalnoise posted:

Show me a non-mechanical keyboard with satisfying keys in a 60% layout

I don't know what a 60% layout means.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I always hope I'll find a model m at goodwill to sell to some dipshit but they're invariably only 1998 packard-bell ones covered in keyboard goop there.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i've got my old mx blue keyboard in my office at work, and when my boss walked by one day he asked me what the sound was

i let him try it out and he instantly went online to buy one for himself lmao

on the list of the reasons i enjoy living alone, loud mechanical keyboards is pretty high up there :q:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I live in a tiny apartment with 4 other roommates and we all have mech keyboards its the best thing ever

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I don't know what a 60% layout means.

Loser

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SeXReX posted:

I live in a tiny apartment with 4 other roommates and we all have mech keyboards its the best thing ever

I don't believe you are in fact a "Sex Rex"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

COMRADES posted:

I don't believe you are in fact a "Sex Rex"

I have seized the means of reproduction

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

BONGHITZ posted:

it has yet to fail me, have you tried it?

lol not using mpc from the command line

what a cuck you are

*pisses into empty Pepsi bottle*

Henker
May 5, 2009

Mechanical keyboard nerds hate numpads for some reason. Have fun with your tiny manlet keyboard.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Henker posted:

Mechanical keyboard nerds hate numpads for some reason. Have fun with your tiny manlet keyboard.

I will

Numpad is totally unnecessary for most people

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cherry blues for life

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
I have an orion spark g910. It has weird shaped keys and is quiet. LEDs are good in the dark and I customise the layout for eachgame to make landmarking easiers.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i got a das kb with "silent" switches and unmarked keys to force myself to learn touch typing last year and here I am now, muffled typing sounds echoing in the total darkness of my empty apartment.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Mine is pretty okay, thanks for your interest OP

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

WatermelonGun posted:

Anyone who spends any amount of time whining about how e-readers don't smell good or how you can't draw all over them or whatever deserve all the worst things in life and I hope they die alone and soon.

ereaders blow rear end but those aren't really the reasons why

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I didn't know what a Model M was. Is this it?

I see these a lot but never in businesses that have more than maybe 3 computers in the whole place. So, like, not used a lot for typing long documents and more for order entries or stuff like that. They do make a lot of noise. Typing on one is fun, but if you don't have hearing loss or aren't wearing earplugs, someone clicking on one all day is pretty annoying.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

I.C. posted:

I didn't know what a Model M was. Is this it?

I see these a lot but never in businesses that have more than maybe 3 computers in the whole place. So, like, not used a lot for typing long documents and more for order entries or stuff like that. They do make a lot of noise. Typing on one is fun, but if you don't have hearing loss or aren't wearing earplugs, someone clicking on one all day is pretty annoying.

Gotta get that wordperfect shortcut strip of paper taped to the top of that thing and you're set.

I do think the coiled cable old at keyboards had were pretty sweet though.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just couldn't find a normal keyboard with n-key rollover. Only the fancy pansy mechanical ones had it. On that note it was well worth getting one on black friday. Feels great to type on, is super sensitive and I can play in the dark because of a simple red led backlight. Loud as gently caress though. Cherry MX or what the gently caress ever keys. What is with these colors and names? gently caress it I can play Battlefield and be able to press more than 4 keys at once.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

signalnoise posted:

I will

Numpad is totally unnecessary for most people

i need that numpad to play rogue-likes!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cherry clears are the best switches btw

theyre browns with more tension so you can actually feel the click and you can really hammer on them without bottoming out

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i need that numpad to play rogue-likes!

So you aren't even people

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Tyson Tomko posted:

Gotta get that wordperfect shortcut strip of paper taped to the top of that thing and you're set.

And the Lotus 123 menu burned into the top of the old monochrome monitor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Loud clicky switches are great for multiplayer games where you hold down your microphone activation button and hammer a bunch of keys at random.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

chiclet keyboards are terrible though and i have nothing against people who buy an external keyboard because they hosed up when they bought a laptop

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Wow you should really be posting in the ITT its friday and we work in an office thread

We'd get along with you

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
I bought a mechanical keyboard a while back for $100. Within three months the keys literally started getting stuck/falling off. I guess you get what you pay for...

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Numberwang posted:

I bought a mechanical keyboard a while back for $100. Within three months the keys literally started getting stuck/falling off. I guess you get what you pay for...

Yea you really do, you paid for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

signalnoise posted:

Yea you really do, you paid for poo poo

lol at thinking its excusable for literally any keyboard to cost $100

• Locked thread