Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Nutsngum posted:

The amount of women playing footy this year has shot up an immense amount. My club has over 40 listed players already. Why this poo poo wasnt done years ago boggles my loving mind.

I think we've got near 60. The board are a bit unsure how to handle it because most of them won't get regular games and we just don't have enough size 4 balls.

I think the vafa will have to start scheduling games concurrently on some grounds because at this rate we will have 6 teams next year and ffff last week was a shitter trying to organize volunteers

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

Since we are talking about the MCG:

I very rarely go to games at the G and I've never been in the MCC before but I've manage to score an MCC ticket to the ANZAC day game. Anything I should know in advance? Do I need to wear a monocle and top hat and brush up on my queens English?

Wear a collared shirt (polo is fine), don't have ripped jeans, don't have shoes with obvious holes in them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

I think we've got near 60. The board are a bit unsure how to handle it because most of them won't get regular games and we just don't have enough size 4 balls.

I think the vafa will have to start scheduling games concurrently on some grounds because at this rate we will have 6 teams next year and ffff last week was a shitter trying to organize volunteers

We have the advantage of just having had light towers installed strong enough to play night games which they did for the first time ever the other friday. Lucky women getting all our privledges!!!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Periphery posted:

Since we are talking about the MCG:

I very rarely go to games at the G and I've never been in the MCC before but I've manage to score an MCC ticket to the ANZAC day game. Anything I should know in advance? Do I need to wear a monocle and top hat and brush up on my queens English?

Just remember to wear a collar so one of your mates doesn't have to go in and buy you a MCC polo shirt for $80 so you can get in. It's an ANZAC day game, so you don't need to wear moleskin pants, RM Williams boots and a puffer jacket with floppy hair to fit in with Dees supporters.

Also, I always sit on level 1 at the G, love the feel of the game up close

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Wear a collared shirt (polo is fine), don't have ripped jeans, don't have shoes with obvious holes in them.

And remember to constantly refer to non-members as "the great unwashed" then sighing.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Don't forget to bring a tartan blanket to lay across your lap.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you flash a Liberal party membership at the gate they take you to a pizzagate den underneath the long room

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh cool apparently a Port supporter has been photographed wearing a swastika with his Port merch, I guess it'd been a whole week since one of their fans made them look like dickheads so it was time.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Oh cool apparently a Port supporter has been photographed wearing a swastika with his Port merch, I guess it'd been a whole week since one of their fans made them look like dickheads so it was time.

Apparently it's actually a guy who lives in Melbourne and has a history of being mentally unwell, so it's not exactly just another reason to bring out the :tinfoil: SEE ALL PORT SUPPORTERS ARE RACIST AND FERAL :tinfoil: poo poo.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Spedman posted:

Just remember to wear a collar so one of your mates doesn't have to go in and buy you a MCC polo shirt for $80 so you can get in. It's an ANZAC day game, so you don't need to wear moleskin pants, RM Williams boots and a puffer jacket with floppy hair to fit in with Dees supporters.

Also, I always sit on level 1 at the G, love the feel of the game up close

Cheers.

I'm more interested in seeing what the atmosphere is like on the day than to see the actual game (which will probably be pretty average in quality). Being a Saints fan I don't go to too many games with 70k+ attendance.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

If only it weren't Essendon V Collingwood

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

:gerty:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 19, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The best thing by far about the members reserve is that the seats are a dry area

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

The best thing by far about the members reserve is that the seats are a dry area

A younger me would have thought that was poo poo but now I want the afl reserve to be like that too. Drinking at the footy is expensive and crap and all the idiots getting up every 5 minutes for more beer or a piss is very annoying. Not to mention spilling it everywhere.

:corsair:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I feel like drinking at the footy is way down from a decade ago

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Cloud the Cat posted:

Apparently it's actually a guy who lives in Melbourne and has a history of being mentally unwell, so it's not exactly just another reason to bring out the :tinfoil: SEE ALL PORT SUPPORTERS ARE RACIST AND FERAL :tinfoil: poo poo.

https://facebook.com/SovietGoldenDragon

:dogbutton:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pretty sure Command & Conquer doesn't mention Jews at all either, I mean sure, Einstein kills Hitler but other than that...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That's a whole barrel of crazy right there

Opposing news,

https://twitter.com/Adelaide_FC/status/854586174052024320

All of our indigenous guernseys since we started making them

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 19, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It's impossible to get turnt on $10 cups of carlton mid

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

That's pretty cool.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Schneider Inside Her posted:

It's impossible to get turnt on $10 cups of carlton mid

You do get full strength in a glass in the bars in the members, Carlton Draft/Fat Yak/Peroni

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's a bar in the afl members too, and you get full strength during day games from the take away places. I usually just have a pint in the bar downstairs before heading up to watch the game. Getting up every quarter to race to the urinal and/or get more beer before the game starts again has lost its charm.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The crows indigenous jumpers are always the best. Doesn't Eddie Betts design them?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Volkerball posted:

The crows indigenous jumpers are always the best. Doesn't Eddie Betts design them?

Andrew McLeod I believe

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I thought it was someones mother.

unless im getting that mixed up with the swans

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

2017 is a local artist, 2016 was EDDIEBETTS' aunt who is also a noted artist, 2015 and 2014 were McLeod in conjunction with artists, 2013 was just a quick colour swap of the blue for black e: McLeod also designed the indigenous themed away guernsey for the women's team

EDDIEBETTS kicked goal of the year while wearing the '15 and '16 guernseys, hoping the trend continues :buddy:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 19, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
When is indigenous round anyway?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round is round 10

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It's a shame that ANZAC day is so abused by fuckwit warmongerers and nationalists because this is a really cool jumper design

https://twitter.com/melbournefooty/status/854625256996184064

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

this record will be fire

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Let this groove set in your shoes
So stand up (alright) alright

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sounds like AFL follows the same pattern as soccer/American football, close up for the atmosphere, high up for the more tactical view (including behind goals for the different viewpoint too). American football coaches often use those high up behind the goals for tactical analysis, plus the coaches/press boxes are always that high up on the sidelines too.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Chairchucker posted:

bit late to this but.... port adelaide (white) power

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
also crows indigenous and dees anzac jerseys are rad

i liked the dees one from last year but this one is good too. the last time i saw that shade of blue on a jumper it was west coast's late 90s early 2000's abomination

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Trumble might do one good thing as Prime Minister: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-19/restricting-gambling-advertising-on-television/8455258

Of course the AFL are fighting it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

drunkill posted:

Trumble might do one good thing as Prime Minister: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-19/restricting-gambling-advertising-on-television/8455258

Of course the AFL are fighting it.

Isn't that the stuff he's only doing because he's desperate for Xenophon's vote to pass some lovely legislation?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Betting companies are bad, but this is funny:

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau/status/854558436431872000/photo/1

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I know the Titus podcast is a bit polarising around here, but I recommend the latest one as he's got John Stensholt from the AFR to talk about the money behind Australian sport. The episode is more Titus interviewing Stensholt about the sports business:

https://titusoreily.com/podcast/titus-and-sergios-variety-hour-special-guest-john-stensholt

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

I know the Titus podcast is a bit polarising around here, but I recommend the latest one as he's got John Stensholt from the AFR to talk about the money behind Australian sport. The episode is more Titus interviewing Stensholt about the sports business:

https://titusoreily.com/podcast/titus-and-sergios-variety-hour-special-guest-john-stensholt

Stensholt is a good journo, he's done lots of good A-League money stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

:catdrugs: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...420-gvogq5.html :catdrugs:

quote:

Thompson was "staggered" that the entire truth of what happened during the supplements scandal hasn't been revealed yet and believes there are a lot of people trying to hide the truth.

The dual Geelong premiership coach admitted he was "embarrassed" that he didn't do more during his time at Essendon to stop the experimental program, which he deemed to be unethical, but stressed it wasn't his responsibility to do so.

• Locked thread