Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually triple maul doesn't adequately represent just how much maul the dark maul has. Quadruple maul or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All of Yiuf's hammer got glued together to create the Dark Maul.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

cheetah7071 posted:

Actually triple maul doesn't adequately represent just how much maul the dark maul has. Quadruple maul or bust.

Mega-maul. Multi-maul?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

cheetah7071 posted:

Rename tridents triple spears

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

please display "Double Fist" as your weapon when fighting unarmed with no shield

unrand request: Fisting Amulet, adds extra auxiliary punch, display changes to "Triple Fist"

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

You very carefully wield the triple trident

(Its thee tridents stuck end to end to make one super long trident)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

tote up a bags posted:

You very carefully wield the triple trident

(Its thee tridents stuck end to end to make one super long trident)

Tie a spear to each of the tines of a trident.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
Pike weapon that is two handed and has less damage than you would expect from its skill requirement, but reaches over an extra tile

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Samog posted:

Pike weapon that is two handed and has less damage than you would expect from its skill requirement, but reaches over an extra tile

But the quintuple trident already has reaching 2!

I just got one in my game...

Too bad I'm a caster or I'd try it out. Might be worth it if I get some summons...

edit: also I have Staff of Olgreb and Vehumet gave me Ignite Poison
:feelsgood: :kingsley:
:dance: :toxx:

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 18, 2017

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
If that is real, I take back everything bad I said about the devs and formally apologize for everything.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

That's a fake.

The quintuple trident only appears on a specific unique, just like Tiamets cloak or Cerebovs sword. You have to kill the boss of the Cigotuvi's Metalworks wizlab, it'll never spawn in the wild. Given how rare wizlabs are and how many possible wizlabs you can roll you will almost never see it ingame.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It is awesome when you get it though. A weapon with 5 different brands is always useful.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Darox posted:

Given how rare wizlabs are and how many possible wizlabs you can roll you will almost never see it ingame.
Add 'Portal' to scrolls of acquirement that take in consideration amount of dungeon branches seen to create a suitable timed portal. Kinda of like the trowel card but only for death traps full of loot.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Carcer posted:

Depending on who you ask anything related to the crusades could be as bad as jihad, so the shining one needs a bit of scrubbing.
the crusades are not anywhere near as relevant to modern people as the concept of "jihad" is so not really, unless by "depending on who you ask" you mean digging up this dude

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

This reminds me that not all of the wizlabs are associated with an artifact. A lot of them do have one like Zunguldrok, Wucad, quintdent, moon troll etc, but not all. It'd be cool if they had their own artifacts, it's a little disappointing when the big reward of Doroklohe's Tomb is just a scroll of acquirement.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Add Holy Grail evocable that either full heals you or instagibs. Evoc 27 reduces death chance to only 1 percent. :unsmigghh:

Also, stop complaining about Zealot sword being new name. It was a good change.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 18, 2017

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Darox posted:

That's a fake.

The quintuple trident only appears on a specific unique, just like Tiamets cloak or Cerebovs sword. You have to kill the boss of the Cigotuvi's Metalworks wizlab, it'll never spawn in the wild. Given how rare wizlabs are and how many possible wizlabs you can roll you will almost never see it ingame.

Ugh.

Guy making gooncrawl with interesting stuff, you should guarantee a wizlab before d15 every game or something. Its a lot of content that just remains inaccessible due to rng and thats a really weird design choice.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
All weapons are now relabelled swords. Clubs are blunt wooden swords. Tridents are triple pole swords. Giant spiked clubs are giant wooden sword trees.

Also holy poo poo quintuple trident I didn't even know that was a thing!

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

World Famous W posted:

No

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

YAVP

:toot:

[url][/url]

BaBe's are rad and cool, I thought froggys would be boring based on what I read but the actual race is interesting to play. Gotta take it safe and slow to combat that 1.2 speed yet the extra LoS was really nice for that extra tile between you and whatever you just saw. The good apts are cool (though I never got to cast, thats my next one!). Overall it was fun and an anti-magic sword really does chump a large amount of later baddies. Its hard to malmutate me when ya got no mana!

First web win anyways and it feels real good.

I've got to thank this thread for finally making me really slow the gently caress down and not just speedrun my way to death.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jihad just means Holy war so I'm not sure why they think it's a cuss word that needs to be erased from the game.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Context is hard.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

the crusades are not anywhere near as relevant to modern people as the concept of "jihad" is so not really, unless by "depending on who you ask" you mean digging up this dude

I'm not going to go find examples of it but crusades imagery has been massively taken up by white supremacist groups, so I probably don't need to dig up a fictional character and just go find someone who's studied, or experienced, those groups.

I don't think this thread is necessarily the place to argue about this but if the sword's name was changed because it links with modern examples of extremism then I think my point is valid.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Trunko posted:

Jihad just means Holy war so I'm not sure why they think it's a cuss word that needs to be erased from the game.
Well, for starters, Jihad doesn't actually mean holy war.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The pure sword of the Third Reich

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

World Famous W posted:

The (((Sword)))

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The (Zealot) Sword (of Jihad) is one of those weapons I always wanted to get, but it never really drops when you have a character who'll really want to use it. Is there a place where you can see drop percentages for unrandarts? The cool flavor stuff is a pretty big draw for a lot of people, so it'd be interesting to see just how rare it actually is.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
if there is an actual problem with the #1 good guy god's super strong holy artifact having "jihad" in the name, it is probably the fact that someone gave it "This blade is notorious for inducing bloodthirsty rage in both the wielder and all of his or her mortal followers" as flavor text

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
well, also that's the actual gameplay function of the weapon not just the flavortext

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
if you want to cast the effect of the weapon in a different light it is extremely easy to do so

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This might be the dumbest thing I've seen argued about in this thread.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
So, uh, I just ran into four skeleton warriors just chilling on D:*6*.

The gently caress.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

LogicNinja posted:

So, uh, I just ran into four skeleton warriors just chilling on D:*6*.

The gently caress.

Running to the stair was bad play and you should have been punished for it imo

Or did you die? If you died thats ok

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Well you see it's interesting gameplay with choice because now you can choose a new combo

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Oh poo poo dude he ran now they're bezotted. Nice triple sword of vamp though.

I don't usually comment on OODs but a skeletal warrior pack on D6 is just stupid.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Good news guys, the game still has Fun.

quote:

the cursed +0 pair of gloves of Fun {*Corrode rPois rC+ Str+4}

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

LogicNinja posted:

Good news guys, the game still has Fun.

Yeah thanks, your fukken ghost just showed up in my DrFE game with that triple sword of antimagic.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Speaking of ghosts, there's some batshit insane ways to avoid dealing with ghosts (taken from tavern):

quote:

<mibe> hey if you guys are sick of dealing with ghosts check this out
<mibe> ??shaftrobi
<Sequell> shaftrobi ~ shaftrobin[1/2]: An account that automatically selects formicid and has shaft macro'd to 1. Hold down 2 to die. Use it before playing when you dont want to see any ghosts!
<mibe> i only set up the rc and macros for cbro atm
<mibe> for best results run it several times each time you are about to descend to a new D level
<yesno> lol
<yesno> ridiculous
<mibe> !lg shaftrobin x=avg(dur)
<Sequell> 25 games for shaftrobin: avg(dur)=0:00:53
<mibe> takes under a minute
<yesno> i know but just ridiculous that ghosts exist
<mibe> i agree
<yesno> and are so bad that you did this thing
<mibe> its 100% ridiculous that shaftrobin is possible
<yesno> yes
<mibe> i dont believe any positive that ghosts bring to the game can be greater than these metagaming implications
<rumflump> mibe: I have been pondering further automating it. so that you can play your normal game in one window, then log shaftrobin in the other window and have it do a run

quote:

But wait, there's more!

code:
!lg * day s=src place!=d:1, d:2
<Sequell> 794 games for * (day place!=d:1, d:2): 222x cbro, 191x cwz, 161x cao, 88x cue, 63x cxc, 40x cjr, 24x cpo, 4x cdo, lld
ie, dont play on cbro, cwz, cao, if you want to minimize your chances of seeing a ghost.

code:
!lg * day s=cv place!=d:1, d:2
<Sequell> 797 games for * (day place!=d:1, d:2): 550x 0.20-a, 233x 0.19, 7x 0.17, 4x 0.11, 0.10, 0.16, 0.18
consider playing 0.19 instead of 0.20 trunk, its less that half as popular.

code:
!lg * day place!=d:1, d:2 s=nhour(end)
<Sequell> 798 games for * (day place!=d:1, d:2): 51x 14, 44x 1, 42x 5, 40x 16, 39x 21, 39x 15, 38x 3, 37x 18, 37x 17, 36x 6, 35x 19, 34x 20, 32x 2, 32x 9, 32x 8, 31x 13, 28x 22, 27x 12, 27x 11, 25x 10, 25x 7, 25x 0, 23x 23, 19x 4
dont play between 14:00 and 20:00 GMT, or 1:00 and 6:00 GMT

I'm sure someone better at sequell or math can refine these queries, but I hope I have gotten my point across.

If you aren't querying sequell to decide when and where to play, or using shaftrobin, and then run into a dangerous ghost, you could have prevented it.

-edit- whoops, my queries only return games from d:2! even though my queries are flawed, i still think my point stands!

code:
!lg * day s=nhour(end)
4657 games for * (day): 252x 16, 247x 21, 246x 14, 243x 1, 236x 20, 234x 18, 232x 3, 226x 15, 205x 17, 203x 19, 190x 13, 185x 8, 180x 11, 177x 2, 177x 22, 176x 12, 174x 9, 171x 0, 166x 23, 159x 10, 156x 4, 144x 7, 140x 6, 138x 5
!lg * day s=src
4662 games for * (day): 1304x cbro, 1102x cwz, 991x cao, 533x cue, 430x cxc, 158x cjr, 109x cpo, 18x cdo, 17x lld
!lg * day s=cv
4664 games for * (day): 3264x 0.20-a, 1329x 0.19, 28x 0.17, 19x 0.18, 9x 0.16, 5x 0.11, 3x 0.10, 2x 0.15, 2x 0.12, 0.17-a, 0.13, 0.19-a
pretty similar conclusions anyways, just the specific times are different.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

apple posted:

Speaking of ghosts, there's some batshit insane ways to avoid dealing with ghosts (taken from tavern):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Realtalk that is some peak HAM.

• Locked thread