Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Kiryen posted:

You're right, pointing out why the Democrats lost almost all elections definitely calls for distorting it back onto Hillary and pretending there's no larger issue that resulted in losing everything else as well.

Hillary wasn't moderate primarily because she had no actual beliefs at all.

this is the hillary clinton book thread for talking about the hillary clinton election she lost, i assumed we were talking about her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Yeah that's a good point. That's another thing trump is keeping a promise on, making the permanent illegal underclass that drives down wages smaller.

Oh don't get me started, because I loving hate Donald Trump, but he's actually (ugh) succeeding at some things that are laying some really good groundwork for himself. If he gets his poo poo together he'll have eight years.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Pick posted:

Also signs are suggesting that making life harder for illegal immigrants is already increasing the value of labor in many unskilled labor markets.

LOL come on dude.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JB50 posted:

Double down on the racism, sure helped Hilldawg.

Oh, the real racist is me? Really? Good one.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

the credentials argument fell on deaf ears bc clintons creedentials to alot of people were proof positive that she was an incompetent resume padding hack,i remember rachel maddow making the saddest face when sanders called her unqualified and they had sanders wife on and she was like no shes held a lot of positions but shes been mediocre to bad in all of them

Let's see she was a lawyer that laughed about getting child rapists off for slut shaming, she was on a corporate board or two I think after that? She was on the watergate committee for a little bit and then got kicked off for ethics reasons ( super lol ). She had the good fortune to be married to a competent politician that raped other ladies and became first lady of arkansas and the US. She became senator of new york when the party cleared the field for her in the primary and the general election in new york for a democrat is a joke. Lost to Obama in 08 because she's incompetent. Secretary of state and most notable for being the loudest voice in ruining libya forever. Then lost the 2016 to donald loving trump because she's incompetent.

Am I leaving anything out or did I get anything wrong? This is all off the top of my head so please let me know.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

Are you a democrat?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Attention all hands, brace for Godwin!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

porfiria posted:

LOL come on dude.

I wish that weren't true either, but California agriculture is already experiencing this, and there was never a solid economic argument why this would not be so.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i question Picks assertion that anyone with a "d" could have won in 2008, because that's what the democrats thought in 2004 as well when they elected noted french traitor john kerry

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

...and the pitch! posted:

TOO MUCH WINNING!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcldMG932o

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Oh don't get me started, because I loving hate Donald Trump, but he's actually (ugh) succeeding at some things that are laying some really good groundwork for himself. If he gets his poo poo together he'll have eight years.

The biggest problem is there's no one on the Democrat side that's competent or inspiring. Bernie's too loving old.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Yug posted:

The biggest problem is there's no one on the Democrat side that's competent or inspiring. Bernie's too loving old.

Still would've won, though.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I love this guy so much.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Pick posted:

I wish that weren't true either, but California agriculture is already experiencing this, and there was never a solid economic argument why this would not be so.

Post supporting evidence please.

Edit: Also, this is like, the one place in the entire country where this would be happen if it were even slightly true, so it's not overwhelmingly compelling evidence of a broader claim.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 19, 2017

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Yug posted:

Let's see she was a lawyer that laughed about getting child rapists off for slut shaming, she was on a corporate board or two I think after that? She was on the watergate committee for a little bit and then got kicked off for ethics reasons ( super lol ). She had the good fortune to be married to a competent politician that raped other ladies and became first lady of arkansas and the US. She became senator of new york when the party cleared the field for her in the primary and the general election in new york for a democrat is a joke. Lost to Obama in 08 because she's incompetent. Secretary of state and most notable for being the loudest voice in ruining libya forever. Then lost the 2016 to donald loving trump because she's incompetent.

Am I leaving anything out or did I get anything wrong? This is all off the top of my head so please let me know.

She loves killing people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqYJRc0TJkQ&t=7s

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Still would've won, though.

Yeah probably. Bernie would have won wisconsin, pennsylvania and michigan and I don't think he would have lost any of the states that Hillary won. That would have been enough.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Bernie's still a moron and would have lost key states, and even if he'd gotten in he'd have gotten nothing done.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
He would have been ineffective as a president though. His Bernie cultists would have expected single payer and free college over night and that's not happening with a republican house.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

she hosed up libya pretty bad. obama defered to her judgement against his own and she hosed it up so bad. absolute jabroni

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Yug posted:

Tulsi Gabbard. She told Clinton to get hosed after Bernie lost the primary.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Bernie's still a moron and would have lost key states, and even if he'd gotten in he'd have gotten nothing done.

I think he would have won and been a Super Carter, I think the intelligence community would have freaked out just as much as they did with Trump and Bernie's too weak to do anything about it.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

Tulsi Gabbard.

Too hot to be president. No one wants to look at that hotty for eight years and think about loving her all the time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

porfiria posted:

Post supporting evidence please.

here you go

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

Tulsi Gabbard. She told Clinton to get hosed after Bernie lost the primary.

i dont get the tulsi gabbard poo poo. shes like 24

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

she hosed up libya pretty bad. obama defered to her judgement against his own and she hosed it up so bad. absolute jabroni

I included that in the list, but it definitely deserves repeating how badly she hosed up an entire country forever.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

He would have been ineffective as a president though. His Bernie cultists would have expected single payer and free college over night and that's not happening with a republican house.

Nothing would have happened, period. Bernie doesn't have inroads even among the Democrats, because he's not one, among other issues. And it would be a problem, because unlike Obama '08, there wouldn't even be a short term of getting anything done and it would discourage voters for life. Bernie had no leverage to make any promises come true, and you can't flub hope/change twice in a row and expect people to battered-wife their way back to the polls for round 3.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Yug posted:

Too hot to be president. No one wants to look at that hotty for eight years and think about loving her all the time.

A hot chick selling single-payer and free college tuition? Sign my rear end the gently caress up.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Alienwarehouse posted:

A hot chick selling single-payer and free college tuition? Sign my rear end the gently caress up.

The DNC hates her with a passion though.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

JB50 posted:

Which means she's authentic.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If you didn't click it's an article about an existing labor shortage in Lousiana.

quote:

“The stance the president is taking is a concern,” says Dwayne Gafford, owner of Gafford Builders and president of the Capital Region Builders Association. “At a National Home Builders Association meeting in January, one big topic was the labor shortage. This had nothing to do with immigration. Generally speaking, we have a labor shortage. Since then, the president’s agenda on labor and immigration has become more of a concern to builders.”

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

JB50 posted:

Their stock isn't exactly rising.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Pick posted:

haha yeah that bernie guys a total rube, bet he wouldn't have even campaigned in michigan in order to play mind games with trump

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

You absolutely didn't read this.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Nothing would have happened, period. Bernie doesn't have inroads even among the Democrats, because he's not one, among other issues. And it would be a problem, because unlike Obama '08, there wouldn't even be a short term of getting anything done and it would discourage voters for life. Bernie had no leverage to make any promises come true, and you can't flub hope/change twice in a row and expect people to battered-wife their way back to the polls for round 3.

I wonder if they would have even let bernie have a supreme court justice though. I bet he would have just meekly bowed his head and kept garland even after he poo poo talked him in the primary.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

porfiria posted:

Nah, you didn't read it. Get far enough and you'll see what they're talking about in terms of having to offer people more money.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

I look forward to promoting Gabbardism in 2020.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The hillary book is already getting 1 star reviews from Bernibros. lol

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

porfiria posted:

Supply and demand friend.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Alienwarehouse posted:

I forward to promoting Gabbardism in 2020.

Except she's just a younger Clinton (as it pertains to being owned by corporations like boeing and lockmart).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

I forward to promoting Gabbardism in 2020.

Would like to do some extensive polling on her pronto.

• Locked thread