Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Meridian posted:

Asked earlier, but no one bit. Any news on a Smash port?

They've announced what, six new Smash amiibo... So... Not really but it'll come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I reckon we'll see something at E3.

Alternatively hope for a 'lull' period this year and "Surprise! Smash is out digitally RIGHT NOW at the end of this Direct"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

General Morden posted:

how well does metal slug 3 play on the joycons

It's perfectly serviceable, get it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd honestly be only half-surprised if Nintendo didn't go out of their way to make Smash 4 Deluxe or whatever they would call it. You can never really tell with them sometimes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Metal slug 3 is great would purchase again

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think a switch port of smash 4 is just about guaranteed. just a matter of when.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I reckon we'll see something at E3.

Alternatively hope for a 'lull' period this year and "Surprise! Smash is out digitally RIGHT NOW at the end of this Direct"

Please god no. No more Smash. Just give me a Metroid or Animal Crossing yes I know there is one coming to smart phones just please something that isn't Smash

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well you might just get that Metroid. Retro Studios was teasing "Prime 4" for a little while on Twitter a couple months back.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a.lo posted:

Please god no. No more Smash. Just give me a Metroid or Animal Crossing yes I know there is one coming to smart phones just please something that isn't Smash

Better have them port Smash early than spend a bunch of time making a new one from scratch and never seeing Metroid for another decade.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Well you might just get that Metroid. Retro Studios was teasing "Prime 4" for a little while on Twitter a couple months back.

i guess reggie was asked recently about metroid and said something like "we'll talk after e3" so here's hoping

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

i guess reggie was asked recently about metroid and said something like "we'll talk after e3" so here's hoping

I feel he says this most of the time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cardboard Box posted:

i think a switch port of smash 4 is just about guaranteed. just a matter of when.

Pretty much.

My guess would be late October or early November, while Odyssey releases just before Black Friday.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

How about releasing Bayonetta 2 at least for the Switch

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Policenaut posted:

Whoa whoa, Back up, WHEN?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Retro hasn't made a tweet in ages

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Whoa whoa, Back up, WHEN?

They didn't all they do is tweet about barbeque and tell people to be patient when they get tweeted at about whatever they're working on

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

English port of the Seiken Densetsu collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0Kt_X4hCk

Secret of Mana is the only game I will always gladly buy again and again.

Would be nice if they translated this and released it worldwide. Day 1 purchase without question.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

a.lo posted:

How about releasing Bayonetta 2 at least for the Switch

I would sacrifice innocents for some kind of Platinum Pack with Bayo 1, 2 and TW101.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lemming posted:

They didn't all they do is tweet about barbeque and tell people to be patient when they get tweeted at about whatever they're working on

Well it was prime meats and the patience thing was with prime numbers on a scrabble thing and that's what people are going on at the moment.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I would sacrifice innocents for some kind of Platinum Pack with Bayo 1, 2 and TW101.

Why not?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Well it was prime meats and the patience thing was with prime numbers on a scrabble thing and that's what people are going on at the moment.

https://twitter.com/RetroStudios/status/853237607265959936

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lemming posted:

Thats what I thought.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

In hindsight Retro tweeting a bunch of prime meat/number teases is a much better response than the Mr. Shifty devs telling people to buy the Steam version of their game if they don't like the frame rate on the Switch version.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Would be nice if they translated this and released it worldwide. Day 1 purchase without question.

An official translation of Seiken Densetsu 3? :swoon:

My deep dark secret is that I have never played SD3
Or Majora's Mask
Or Skyward Sword
Or Secret of Evermore
Or Chrono Trigger

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Wonderboy good? yes? No?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Infinitum posted:

An official translation of Seiken Densetsu 3? :swoon:

My deep dark secret is that I have never played SD3
Or Majora's Mask
Or Skyward Sword
Or Secret of Evermore
Or Chrono Trigger

66% of these are must-plays

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

To anyone expecting that Senran Kagura game to be like the 3DS/Vita/PS4 ones: that's apparently not what you're getting.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Wonderboy good? yes? No?

Good, but it's a 1:1 remake and it brings over a lot of old school nuisances like starting over alllllll the way back in town if you die.

Still really really enjoying my time with it.

Protip: There is a transformation pad in town (In the room underneath the 1st shop) once you unlock a certain item.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro-er tip: Transform anywhere spoiler that I just figured out
If you buy the Tasmanian Sword, equip it, and jump
While in the air hold UP and press attack

You'll cycle through your transformations

Again 80s game that tells you gently caress-all

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

Wonderboy good? yes? No?

Yes

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a.lo posted:

I'm with you in that the only thing keeping me from saying "Smash sucks" is pages worth of nerd fury (and it doesn't really suck, per se) but they aren't really flooding the market with it. More like no more Fire Emblem.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

enojy posted:

I'm with you in that the only thing keeping me from saying "Smash sucks" is pages worth of nerd fury (and it doesn't really suck, per se) but they aren't really flooding the market with it. More like no more Fire Emblem.

Give me more fire emblem

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

a.lo posted:

Yeah a port of Smash 4 would definitely be an equal task to a brand new game...

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Infinitum, a couple of weeks back you linked to a page on Vooks dot net that claimed Target Australia would have MK8D for 62 OzBucks in their next catalogue. Target's current catalogue has no mention of it though.

Do you have any idea how reputable Vooks is on this stuff? It's getting kinda close now and I don't want the EB games guy to mock me coz I didn't preorder.

edit: I speel gud.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wezmon posted:

Hey Infinitum, a couple of weeks back you linked to a page on Vooks dot net that claimed Target Australia would have MK8D for 62 OzBucks in their next catalogue. Target's current catalogue has no mention of it though.

Do you have any idea how reputable Vooks is on this stuff? It's getting kinda close now and I don't want the EB games guy to mock me coz I didn't preorder.

edit: I speel gud.

Vooks are reputable

Here's the current article with all the prices, across all the stores
http://www.vooks.net/mario-kart-8-deluxe-bargain-cheap-price-australia/

Save this image to your phone, so it looks like you took a picture of it, and show it to EBGames and they'll price match.

EBGames price match all the time, don't stress about the dude knocking you back.
Just say you're looking to price match Target and you'll be apples.

They price matched on pictures I got from vooks to knock $50 off my initial Switch preorder, which meant I could grab 1-2-Switch for $20 bucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Made by Keys Factory. Should be up, eventually, on Play-Asia via this link if you're interested in staying fresh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's a sampler of SF2's soundtrack. Pretty nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNVbkGphCk

Like we're going through a retro renaissance with everyone re-releasing their old poo poo, but better.

-----------

Minecraft deets from a stream that went up today
- 60fps
- WiiU to Switch world transfers in the pipeline (Not at launch)
- Supports Medium sized worlds (3072 x 3072)

For reference, here the max sizes for:
Vita / Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U - 864 x 864.
PS4 / Xbox One - 5120 x 5120 (Large world)

Lookin pretty good if you're into portable Minecraft.
(Hopefully it's priced reasonably :nyoron:)

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I don't think I can pick which ones

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Ventana posted:

Actually, if anything, that article supports what that guy is saying. The article mostly is just Yacht Club saying, "Yeah the NES was limited on these things, but we thought that'd be annoying so we decided to break the limitation here." Still a good read tho

They broke it in relatively insignificant ways. Added a few extra colors to the NES palette, made the display widescreen, allowed sprites to use 6 colors instead of 3 (so every sprite can be "made from 2 sprites" like Mega man), stuff like that.

Like the game is impossible to port as-is to NES, but it's an "idealized" NES game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Vooks are reputable

Here's the current article with all the prices, across all the stores
http://www.vooks.net/mario-kart-8-deluxe-bargain-cheap-price-australia/

Save this image to your phone, so it looks like you took a picture of it, and show it to EBGames and they'll price match.

EBGames price match all the time, don't stress about the dude knocking you back.
Just say you're looking to price match Target and you'll be apples.

They price matched on pictures I got from vooks to knock $50 off my initial Switch preorder, which meant I could grab 1-2-Switch for $20 bucks.

Thanks man. I'm just concerned cos I know the dudes at EB pretty well, and that picture you linked has a giant "VOOKS" watermark on it so they might think I'm being dodgy.

Also, is it just me, or does the G rating logo look off? I just really overthinking this, aren't I...?

• Locked thread