Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I just noticed only one F1 driver has ever won championships in 3 different teams. That's Are Juan Manuel. He's probably a better skier than Schumacher too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

I just don't understand why, apropos of nothing, we were blessed with a "Zak Brown sucks" rant.

I'm sure the poster whostarted the Lance Stroll fucks his sister thing can come up with something about Zak Brown.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1950s F1 was an era of old frauds driving Formula Two cars.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I just don't understand why, apropos of nothing, we were blessed with a "Zak Brown sucks" rant.

Who exactly do you blame for McLaren appearing to be in full on meltdown instead of working behind the scenes to get things fixed?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Btw they finally updated the gp predictor

iospace you wanna edit the OP with this?

I'd like to know who Colon GP is. They've been way far out in the lead every week and I seem to recall the same thing last year.

*edit* also I'm the only American in the top 10, for shame.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

I'd like to know who Colon GP is. They've been way far out in the lead every week and I seem to recall the same thing last year.

Done. Thanks for the update!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some people says that the mclaren chassis is good? Its just that the engine is a piece of poo poo?

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Basticle posted:

5th place here. I'm channelling Ferrari's strat of just leaving Kimi out there by setting it and forgetting it with my predictor pics.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If you want to laugh, I am OurLordSebastian and my girlfriend is pleasenotlewis2017

She is in 17th. I am in 32nd. She does not currently have a license. I introduced her to this sport. It's a bit poo poo

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Some people says that the mclaren chassis is good? Its just that the engine is a piece of poo poo?

no, it's just that's what McLaren make. That's not enough in 2017.

The RBR chassis isn't bad, but who cares because Renault

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle posted:

It's me. I nailed the first round and forgot to set my predictions for the next 2.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

It's funny looking at the drivers standings and seeing guys who competed in the Indy 500 on the board. I think Vukovich was 8th one year.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

god damnit

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
all Melbournites! A pop store has appeared in the CBD on Swanston street! 80% of all F1 merch, some of this years stuff to. I literally just bought kilos of clothes, all tshirts are 10 bucks and jackets are like 50. Anyone want more details let me know

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Tony Montana posted:

all Melbournites! A pop store has appeared in the CBD on Swanston street! 80% of all F1 merch, some of this years stuff to. I literally just bought kilos of clothes, all tshirts are 10 bucks and jackets are like 50. Anyone want more details let me know

I'll take a lock of Nando's hair pls.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Montana posted:

Send me a Ferrari shirt or hat

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'll post a pic later it's ridiculous. I have Lotus, Merc, Ferrari and Red Bull stuff. Both mens and womens

Nando's hair wasn't there. Something about technical issues with delivery?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tony Montana posted:

I'll post a pic later it's ridiculous. I have Lotus, Merc, Ferrari and Red Bull stuff. Both mens and womens

The delivery truck had a honda engine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Earlier this morning:
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/854285586726887424

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Tony Montana posted:

Where abouts on Swanston - which end?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

it's a souvenier store and has Ferrari flags out the front. 80% off all F1 Merch printed on the windows.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tony Montana posted:

I went in one of the new minis and that's a complete pile of poo poo. What is with the huge dial in the centre of the dash? Who is that for? Why? Goddamn that is a poo poo car

That big dial is for my mum, so she can keep an eye on the speed my sister is driving at.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I live literally two blocks from a Ferrari dealership, I wonder if they sell F1 gear at ludicrously high prices. They do have the Ferrari F138 in a shop window.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It wins the price for most fake exhaust sound ever. I laugh every time I hear/see one.

You sir do not live on my slightly dodgy housing estate. There are chavs, they have exhaust cans. There is a sound war.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

You sir do not live on my slightly dodgy housing estate. There are chavs, they have exhaust cans. There is a sound war.

Right. I too, laugh at Civics with 3" cat backs, but this is on a production car! It's absolutely ridiculous. For what it's worth, I think the Fiat 500 is a pretty neat city machine, but the Abarth is just silly.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's me. I nailed the first round and forgot to set my predictions for the next 2.

I would have done a lot better if I hadn't changed my predictions after the first time I think.

Oh well...

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Tony Montana posted:

it's a souvenier store and has Ferrari flags out the front. 80% off all F1 Merch printed on the windows.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gunna head there after work :)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whoever "Ferrari Race Strategy Team" is is in 8th place in the Australia Public League at the moment.

In the goon league I'm going to have to work hard to get out of the bottom half of the table. :saddowns:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The last race really hosed up my predictor, but it was worth it.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
220 for the lot. I paid that much for just my RBR jacket from the official store. I dunno if they have more stock or they'll disappear. Get in!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

220 for the lot. I paid that much for just my RBR jacket from the official store. I dunno if they have more stock or they'll disappear. Get in!

All is now made clear. You are a crazy person.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
more like crazy awesome

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I got an invite to test drive the new Alfa Romeo Guilia this weekend - not in the market for a new sedan anytime soon but reviews seem to be decent? Is it even worth signing up for or will it be another FCA disappointment?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Alain Post posted:

Fangio won neither of the F2 based championships to be fair.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

sticksy posted:

I got an invite to test drive the new Alfa Romeo Guilia this weekend - not in the market for a new sedan anytime soon but reviews seem to be decent? Is it even worth signing up for or will it be another FCA disappointment?

If it's the quadrofoglio I'd go as it's supposed to be epic. If it's just a turbo diesel repmobile I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time, like cumming super hard in another man's hand while making loud-rear end "sex noises" whilst getting jacked off.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Nice work Tony, I'm jealous.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Today I went to yougov to answer IMPORTANT ISSUES and got asked about F1 drivers

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Who exactly do you blame for McLaren appearing to be in full on meltdown instead of working behind the scenes to get things fixed?

Why do you even have this impression? Why does doing things "behind the scenes" require that it's immediately apparent to you? How do Honda's continued engine woes, which can't be solved in the short term OR in the public arena, imply anything about Zak Brown?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

His name rhymes with Hack Clown, therefore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zak Brown sucks

• Locked thread