Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

so past 100 does it just not show up properly in the UI?

I always thought the max number of Forma you could use was 5. Maybe I'll Forma my Twin Gremlins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Epsilon Plus posted:

so past 100 does it just not show up properly in the UI?

I always thought the max number of Forma you could use was 5. Maybe I'll Forma my Twin Gremlins again.
That was from before the UI showed how many forma you put in.

Just curious, but what made you think the max was 5?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Lmao holy poo poo. I just played an Axi defense out to wave 30 with a pub group and we scored 3 back to back rare drops off unrefined relics.

I got screwed out of one of them by server fuckery but it was a duplicate anyway. :(

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
A catalyst/reactor invasion just popped up.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

That'd be the 100+ forma Braton mk. 1.

I don't even understand this. Does anything happen when putting more forma in after 8? Just monkeying with new polarties?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raptor1033 posted:

I don't even understand this. Does anything happen when putting more forma in after 8? Just monkeying with new polarties?

"Warframe is a game about setting your own goals."

(They're just crazy people)

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Lmao holy poo poo. I just played an Axi defense out to wave 30 with a pub group and we scored 3 back to back rare drops off unrefined relics.

I got screwed out of one of them by server fuckery but it was a duplicate anyway. :(

This is why I'm fairly certain that the RNG depends more on some other seed than relic refinement. You just end up in groups where the odds of things like that happening are so astronomically low that there was no way in hell it could happen. Rares that drop off of intact relics happens way too many times in a row sometimes. Not that I'm complaining. I love it when you get on a train of rares.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Broose posted:

This is why I'm fairly certain that the RNG depends more on some other seed than relic refinement. You just end up in groups where the odds of things like that happening are so astronomically low that there was no way in hell it could happen. Rares that drop off of intact relics happens way too many times in a row sometimes. Not that I'm complaining. I love it when you get on a train of rares.

I think it might have been a mistake, because when I got out of the mission it sent me an email in game saying that my items had been lost and recovered and one of the rares had become a common.

Still, two of of three isn't bad. It's a shame Vauban is both such a pain to get and build and not my thing. Maybe one day I'll get the other three of his pieces. :v:

Also when you get a good team that synergizes it just doesn't loving matter what enemies do or what level they are. We had Trinity Prime/Nova Prime/Nekros Prime/Nidus and only two of us went down in 30 waves, and everyone retained their sentinel throughout. Enemies just evaporated as they entered the defense room.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 17, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lightning Knight posted:

"Warframe is a game about setting your own goals."

(They're just crazy people)

Well, to be fair, the core gameplay loop is making numbers go up. They've just chosen a different number than most.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bistromatic posted:

A catalyst/reactor invasion just popped up.

potato alerts when I am at work are so frustrating

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Broose posted:

It absolutely is. I got 5 in a row once, and when I transmute mods I get nothing and then 3 or 4 in a row.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It's a slow day at work so I did some calculations with my lack of statistical probability knowledge. If I remember correctly, its a 1.5% chance on a intact relic to drop a rare. 4 "independent" chances of that comes to roughly 5.86634% chance that one will be rare(and much lower if more than one is rare) Not too bad. Then to get rares in sequence means multiplying the events by each other. Two in a row = .34414%, Three = .020188, 4 in a row = .001184% Pretty low chances, but this happens on the reg.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Sometimes the pubbies

they fleece themselves to me

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Haquer posted:

Sometimes the pubbies

they fleece themselves to me

How the actual gently caress

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mangoose posted:

How the actual gently caress

I really don't know

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone post their best trade coup! I'll start.

I got Mag Prime Neuroptics when they were vaulted for 1P and giving someone advice on how to get a girlfriend

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I got Mag Prime Neuroptics when they were vaulted for 1P and giving someone advice on how to get a girlfriend

What was your advice? Legit or just random bullshit?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sdoots posted:

What was your advice? Legit or just random bullshit?

Oh yeah, just stuff I'd tell myself growing up if I had the chance.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
If any newbies need a maxxed out pressure point or point blank LMK, just realised I still have them kicking around my inventory.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Helter Skelter posted:

That was from before the UI showed how many forma you put in.

Just curious, but what made you think the max was 5?

I could have sworn that there was just a hard limit on 5 Forma you could shove in an item. Maybe that's just a very historic bit of information​, or maybe I'm deeply misremembering.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The average piece of gear only needs 4 or so (depending on the starting polarities) to slot the core stuff. Once you start dealing with primed mods and Rivens, it starts getting to be about 6.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It wasn't a trade coup per se but I got the entire Slash and Pucture set of mods for free. I do remember selling my two legendary cores to two goons for 5p each back when they had just been released. Then one day I found out there were worth quite a bit more than that.

Also related to snowman chat:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Excal Prime talk:

You heathens should be ashamed for not utilizing the the true Elitism of Founder Prime and running the Excal Prime exclusively with Braton Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime.

Although tbh Lato Prime sucks so badly I just use Lex Prime so I can actually kill something with a gun.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Kris xK posted:

Excal Prime talk:

You heathens should be ashamed for not utilizing the the true Elitism of Founder Prime and running the Excal Prime exclusively with Braton Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime.

Although tbh Lato Prime sucks so badly I just use Lex Prime so I can actually kill something with a gun.

Didn't spend enough for Lato, but I guess that was the right call.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Also I finally found where grandmaster names are displayed on relays - at the very top of the main hub, totally out of sight :lol:

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I sold a Tells Akbolto, Vayker Marelok and the syndicate beam pistol to some fuckwit for 600p when the going rate for each pistol was 50p.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am getting "Network Not Responding" errors every other mission and it keeps booting me back to the login (where I cannot log in for like 5 mins). My internet is fine, so what gives?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I once sold a generic as poo poo kubrow for 800p, still not even sure how I did it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

I once sold a generic as poo poo kubrow for 800p, still not even sure how I did it.

Brainbread posted:

I sold a Tells Akbolto, Vayker Marelok and the syndicate beam pistol to some fuckwit for 600p when the going rate for each pistol was 50p.

Pretty drat solid entries

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Probably reminded them of their dead pet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

Probably reminded them of their dead pet.

Well it's a Kubrow so they're going to be reliving that moment over and over

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well it's a Kubrow so they're going to be reliving that moment over and over

Dark as gently caress

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know the spread of nightmare mod drops?

I've been playing some nightmare and keep getting chilling reload with not a blaze in sight.

Is this an expected result or just RNG?

Same with spy mission rewards are they on a spread? The wiki hasn't been illuminating in that regard.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

hooman posted:

Does anyone know the spread of nightmare mod drops?

I've been playing some nightmare and keep getting chilling reload with not a blaze in sight.

Is this an expected result or just RNG?

Same with spy mission rewards are they on a spread? The wiki hasn't been illuminating in that regard.

There are charts with what planets drop low, medium, and high rewards for nightmare and spy drops. That's also how excavation and defense missions have it sorted out for relics and mods too.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There are charts with what planets drop low, medium, and high rewards for nightmare and spy drops. That's also how excavation and defense missions have it sorted out for relics and mods too.

Yep, I'm asking about the spread of the drops within those reward tiers.

EG The Easy reward list for nightmare is:
Ice Storm
Stunning Speed
Hammer Shot
Wildfire
Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Chilling Reload

But no % spread on the chance of those drops. I was wondering if it was just RNG that I keep getting chilling reload or is that the most common drop from that list.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

hooman posted:

Yep, I'm asking about the spread of the drops within those reward tiers.

EG The Easy reward list for nightmare is:
Ice Storm
Stunning Speed
Hammer Shot
Wildfire
Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Chilling Reload

But no % spread on the chance of those drops. I was wondering if it was just RNG that I keep getting chilling reload or is that the most common drop from that list.

See if you can trade Chilling Reload for Blaze in chat. Also a goon may have a spare kicking around for you.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

I am getting "Network Not Responding" errors every other mission and it keeps booting me back to the login (where I cannot log in for like 5 mins). My internet is fine, so what gives?

Just so you're not alone, I'vr been getting that with relative frequency the past couple days too.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh joy, a half hour gently caress you delay right at the start of the Octavia quest. Guess I'll go try and beat Gael.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

On the topic of fleecing pubs

I've sold three ayatan valana structures for 30, 40, and 60p. They're mid range and can't be worth more than 10.

I sold a saryn p set and some newbie advice to a fresh player for 125p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I sold my extra Maiming Strike for 1000 plat right before the Telos Boktace nerf. I am now tempted to buy one back for 300p just so it really feels like 700p out of nothing but I don't need 2 of them.