Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you didnt get the Kawacummies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

*record scratch*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

🍆💦💦💦

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I have decided I will play a FeMC Persona 5 but only if I get to romance Sojiro

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anyone who romanced Ann is heartless for not giving their best pal Morgana a chance first

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm really glad that Akechi stayed dead and was completely forgotten by everyone in the end.

Poor Akechi. In the end, you left behind the legacy of sexy Frank Grimes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Anyone who romanced Ann is heartless for not giving their best pal Morgana a chance first

Eh, Morgana basically stops giving a poo poo after September when Ann completely falls out of the story.

... its really weird how little she matters or contributes after a point considering how major she is early on. I hope in a potential Persona 5: Platinum that they give her some more scenes late in the story because goddamn.

Even during the 'everyone contributes' part of the Shido palace she gets the least screen time and her sole contribution is to act British while a dude pervs on her.

Zore fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 19, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zore posted:

That whole scene was weird as gently caress.

They just sort of monologued their whole plan to each other and it was super awkward.

It's the worst scene in the whole game and the only time I thought to myself "goddamn this is just legit bad".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

Eh, Morgana basically stops giving a poo poo after September when Ann completely falls out of the story.

... its really weird how little she matters or contributes after a point considering how major she is early on. I hope in a potential Persona 5: Platinum that they give her some more scenes late in the story because goddamn.

Even during the 'everyone contributes' part of the Shido palace she gets the least screen time and her sole contribution is to act British while a dude pervs on her.

I don't think it's just her. Yusuke and Haru also have noticeably less contribution to the main story and stuff than the rest of the party. Like they still get scenes, and Ann and Yusuke are kinda consistently some of the more empathetic and kind members of the party, so they still fill a role. But it's pretty noticeable.

Though for the most part the game does way better than I was expecting in integrating the party into the main plot and giving them stuff to do and everything.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
This is honestly the first of the 3 "modern Persona" games where I didn't feel like the entire rest of the party were left behind by the plot. Normally things end up revolving completely around the main character and his circumstances, but this time it felt like they were all in it together. Even when you summon mega-Satan it's portrayed as more of a team effort, and they get to actually see the Velvet room for once and all that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think it's just her. Yusuke and Haru also have noticeably less contribution to the main story and stuff than the rest of the party. Like they still get scenes, and Ann and Yusuke are kinda consistently some of the more empathetic and kind members of the party, so they still fill a role. But it's pretty noticeable.

Though for the most part the game does way better than I was expecting in integrating the party into the main plot and giving them stuff to do and everything.

Yeah, its not just her but she probably gets hit the worst. Yusuke is always a secondary character at best. His contribution is almost entirely comedy in the main plot after Maderame is taken out, and he gets a lot of comedy scenes, especially bouncing off Futaba once she joins. He never really drives the plot. Haru, similarly, fits into that same sort of role. She's there to basically serve as another levelheaded voice, but she could be totally excised without much issue.

Ann however goes from being a driving force of the plot, and integral part of the team, to a second-stringer like them which feels a lot more jarring. I dunno, it just really stuck out to me while playing.

Clarste posted:

This is honestly the first of the 3 "modern Persona" games where I didn't feel like the entire rest of the party were left behind by the plot. Normally things end up revolving completely around the main character and his circumstances, but this time it felt like they were all in it together. Even when you summon mega-Satan it's portrayed as more of a team effort, and they get to actually see the Velvet room for once and all that.

Yeah, I can agree with this. It always felt a little weird you had this strict separation between the protagonist and crew in P3/4 where the protagonist was hanging out with people who clearly knew more about what was going on and never really relayed any of it to the rest of the party.

Even in Golden where the party hangs out with Marie it doesn't come up which is just...?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zore posted:

Ann however goes from being a driving force of the plot, and integral part of the team, to a second-stringer like them which feels a lot more jarring. I dunno, it just really stuck out to me while playing.

Well, the main thing is that Ann is one of the "dumb" characters who don't quite see the bigger picture, but not quite as dumb as Ryuji so she doesn't cause problems for the team. Once you get Makoto and Futaba they immediately take over the team, since along with the MC they're the only three people who are paying attention to the plot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

Well, the main thing is that Ann is one of the "dumb" characters who don't quite see the bigger picture, but not quite as dumb as Ryuji so she doesn't cause problems for the team. Once you get Makoto and Futaba they immediately take over the team, since along with the MC they're the only three people who are paying attention to the plot.

Yeah, I feel like maybe they should have spread some of Ryuji's subplots to her. It'd be more interesting if she was the cause of the falling out with Morgana, for instance, instead of it being just another thing on Ryuji (like how he's the driving force behind the search for popularity etc).

Also she and Morgana could have a real reason to have a falling out instead of the dumb bullshit with Morgana and Ryuji. Like I could think of a whole lotta scenes where they have an understandable falling out, with Ann being dismissive and triggering Morgana's desire to prove himself to her, that would make everyone come off a lot better than they did in the game.

Zore fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 19, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah, I feel like maybe they should have spread some of Ryuji's subplots to her. It'd be more interesting if she was the cause of the falling out with Morgana, for instance, instead of it being just another thing on Ryuji (like how he's the driving force behind the search for popularity etc).

Also she and Morgana could have a real reason to have a falling out instead of the dumb bullshit with Morgana and Ryuji. Like I could think of a whole lotta scenes where they have an understandable falling out, with Ann being dismissive and triggering Morgana's desire to prove himself to her, that would make everyone come off a lot better than they did in the game.

I don't think giving her that sub-plot would help too much because it only lasts like half a week. It's not a super relevant part of the game. Ryuji being the character most affected by the public turning against the Thieves and having to bounce back from basically throwing away his ideals in pursuit of popularity is way more important to keeping him relevant in the story than the Morgana stuff.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

corn on the cop posted:

I have decided I will play a FeMC Persona 5 but only if I get to romance Sojiro

This but if I can still romance Becky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sadayo is perfection

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Controversial thought: scruffy teacher Kamakami is cuter than done up maid Kamakami

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

multijoe posted:

Controversial thought: scruffy teacher Kamakami is cuter than done up maid Kamakami

I thought that was obvious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

multijoe posted:

I don't think that's controversial.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Thinking on it more, FeMC could easily be worked around for Kamoshida by him trying to make passes at you and the rejection and eventual confrontation is what makes him turn to expelling you alongside Ryuji and Mishima. Making the player avatar a subject of sexual harassment might make players anxious, though.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

multijoe posted:

That's not controversial

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

Yes, change won't happen that easily, but you also just killed a giant god that was specifically standing in the way of that change, so it should happen more easily at least. Also, Sae doesn't leave because she's disgusted by corruption. Or at least I certainly don't recall her saying anything like that. She just decided that she could do more good on the other side of the court. Note that this is immediately after she successfully charges Shido for his crimes, indicating that the prosecution is still a necessary force for good. Like, literally your entire plan as the Phantom Thieves was to get the villains arrested and tried in court with a confession, so it's not like you don't trust the system at all.

In both Shido and Kamoshida's cases action is only taken against them once they've willingly(!?) confessed their crimes publicly and the state no longer has any plausible excuse for ignoring their crimes and even then the authorities are more frustrated that their hand was forced into acting than that the crimes themselves were committed, the Phantom Thieves' main trick through the game is forcing institutions into acting the way they claim they want to but very clearly don't. Again, I don't see any evidence that this has changed by the end of the game, the Phantom Thieves are still considered enemies of society and treated as such even after it's revealed they saved Japan from the brink of disaster Joker is still sent to jail for his trouble until he's freed by the reawakened decency of normal people

As for Sae's reasons for leaving, I guess I'm extrapolating a little from her experiences in being stonewalled in her investigations and finding out the widespread conspiracy among the police and prosecution service to torture and and murder a minor, but I thought it was pretty clear she no longer had faith in the system as a whole and was only able to prosecute Shido as given the circumstances it was impossible not to prosecute him.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

I thought that was obvious.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think that's controversial.

In this case, I am glad to be proved incorrect

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Intoluene posted:

Thinking on it more, FeMC could easily be worked around for Kamoshida by him trying to make passes at you and the rejection and eventual confrontation is what makes him turn to expelling you alongside Ryuji and Mishima. Making the player avatar a subject of sexual harassment might make players anxious, though.
He wasn't violent toward Joker, though. I think it's pretty telling that as soon as Joker started to look like he could be a threat, the first thing he did was to immediately try to have him expelled. He's way too much of a coward to harass someone who might actually stand up to him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

He wasn't violent toward Joker, though. I think it's pretty telling that as soon as Joker started to look like he could be a threat, the first thing he did was to immediately try to have him expelled. He's way too much of a coward to harass someone who might actually stand up to him.

Ryuji actually stood up to him and he broke the kid's leg. So I dunno about that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

multijoe posted:

In both Shido and Kamoshida's cases action is only taken against them once they've willingly(!?) confessed their crimes publicly and the state no longer has any plausible excuse for ignoring their crimes and even then the authorities are more frustrated that their hand was forced into acting than that the crimes themselves were committed, the Phantom Thieves' main trick through the game is forcing institutions into acting the way they claim they want to but very clearly don't. Again, I don't see any evidence that this has changed by the end of the game, the Phantom Thieves are still considered enemies of society and treated as such even after it's revealed they saved Japan from the brink of disaster Joker is still sent to jail for his trouble until he's freed by the reawakened decency of normal people

As for Sae's reasons for leaving, I guess I'm extrapolating a little from her experiences in being stonewalled in her investigations and finding out the widespread conspiracy among the police and prosecution service to torture and and murder a minor, but I thought it was pretty clear she no longer had faith in the system as a whole and was only able to prosecute Shido as given the circumstances it was impossible not to prosecute him.

It's implied that she worked extremely hard to prosecute Shido and still only managed to nail him for the most minor of his crimes (bribery, etc). Because the evidence of the metaverse and all that simply didn't exist. It certainly wasn't "impossible not to" get him. A confession is meaningless if you can't show the court how it was even possible. Causality, which she mentions several times.

Joker was sent to jail for breaking the terms of his probation, and was freed when it was proven that he never did the thing that put him on probation in the first place. The idea being that even if he saved society from Shido, that doesn't earn him a free get-out-of-jail card, nor should it. In other words, that wasn't an example of injustice, it was an example of the system working exactly as it was supposed to. As Sae herself puts it (I think? maybe it was someone else), they live in a society governed by law, and that's supposed to be a good thing. People have abused the law to their own ends, and that's bad, but they should be punished for that within the law. That's her perspective even right up to the very end. Frankly, her whole arc is about her regaining a belief in justice, not giving up on it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 19, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ryuji actually stood up to him and he broke the kid's leg. So I dunno about that.

Ryuji punching him came after the fact. It's pretty heavily implied Kamoshida broke Ryuji's leg through overtraining him and harsh practice, not unlike what he put some of the Volleyball team through. The difference is though Kamoshida actively broke Ryuji's leg out of malice and for his own reasons, but in such a way it couldn't be proved that he purposefully did it or didn't come through Ryuji's own negligence. A good thing to know about Kamoshida is, despite how slimy and lovely he is, he's not stupid. He knows what he can get away with and what he can't and what his status at the school is. He's only physically violent towards students behind closed doors, every other time he can make an excuse about the fact that he's an olympic gold medalist and this is the standard he's bringing the school's volleyball team up to. And since the school DID gain credibility for it, it actually worked and helped vindicate his awful personality from both the faculty and parents sides.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, like, I get why the Conspiracy rigged the ranking to make Okumura the number 1 popular target and all that, and they technically got what they wanted but... didn't the gang decide to go after Okumura for completely unrelated reasons in the end? Like, they heard rumours about him being a corporate dickhead, looked into it, Futaba "found" his keywords offscreen (because that entire section is terribly written) and then... the Conspiracy took the credit for why Okumura was a target in the first place?? Like, sure, he was number 1 in the polls because of them but the impression I got was that even if he wasn't on the ranking at all and it stayed Akechi at no1 or whatever, Okumura would've been the target anyway.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Ryuji punching him came after the fact. It's pretty heavily implied Kamoshida broke Ryuji's leg through overtraining him and harsh practice, not unlike what he put some of the Volleyball team through. The difference is though Kamoshida actively broke Ryuji's leg out of malice and for his own reasons, but in such a way it couldn't be proved that he purposefully did it or didn't come through Ryuji's own negligence. A good thing to know about Kamoshida is, despite how slimy and lovely he is, he's not stupid. He knows what he can get away with and what he can't and what his status at the school is. He's only physically violent towards students behind closed doors, every other time he can make an excuse about the fact that he's an olympic gold medalist and this is the standard he's bringing the school's volleyball team up to. And since the school DID gain credibility for it, it actually worked and helped vindicate his awful personality from both the faculty and parents sides.

The way Kamoshida talks about "self-defence" when Joker and Ryuji confront him in his office really makes it seem to me that dude broke Ryuji's leg after Ryuji attacked him when he insulted his mum and poo poo. And he claimed he was just protecting himself from a rampaging delinquent, who probably had a half-dead leg already from that training. Like, from what I recall Ryuji's about to attack him again and Kamoshida says something along the lines of "you know what happened last time you did that. I don't know what i'll end up doing if I have to defend myself again".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did actually forget that little tidbit, yeah. It's very possible he did actually physically hurt Ryuji then, in which case he especially does not give a gently caress and knows he can get away with murder and people will sing his high praises.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

So, like, I get why the Conspiracy rigged the ranking to make Okumura the number 1 popular target and all that, and they technically got what they wanted but... didn't the gang decide to go after Okumura for completely unrelated reasons in the end? Like, they heard rumours about him being a corporate dickhead, looked into it, Futaba "found" his keywords offscreen (because that entire section is terribly written) and then... the Conspiracy took the credit for why Okumura was a target in the first place?? Like, sure, he was number 1 in the polls because of them but the impression I got was that even if he wasn't on the ranking at all and it stayed Akechi at no1 or whatever, Okumura would've been the target anyway.

One of the big reasons Ryuji was pulling for taking the dude out was because of the poll, and there's a bunch of moments in the dungeon where everyone is like "is it really alright to go after this dude right now? Is there something else we could be doing?" He is the only villain you enter the palace of before you even meet or interact with the guy after all, so it's pretty clear the gang's going off without all the proper preparations. Though once they get better acquainted with Haru she also advocates for taking her Father out immediately, but that was the plan before she and Morgana joined back up.

Also, there's the big chance that all the evidence coming to light pointing to him being behind or directly related to the cognitive breaks was planted by Shido and Akechi specifically to make him more suspicious to the gang.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

It's implied that she worked extremely hard to prosecute Shido and still only managed to nail him for the most minor of his crimes (bribery, etc). Because the evidence of the metaverse and all that simply didn't exist. It certainly wasn't "impossible not to" get him. A confession is meaningless if you can't show the court how it was even possible. Causality, which she mentions several times.

Joker was sent to jail for breaking the terms of his probation, and was freed when it was proven that he never did the thing that put him on probation in the first place. The idea being that even if he saved society from Shido, that doesn't earn him a free get-out-of-jail card, nor should it. In other words, that wasn't an example of injustice, it was an example of the system working exactly as it was supposed to. As Sae herself puts it, they live in a society governed by law, and that's supposed to be a good thing. People have abused the law to their own ends, and that's bad, but they should be punished for that within the law. That's her perspective even right up to the very end. Frankly, her whole arc is about her regaining a belief in justice, not giving up on it.

I'd have to disagree Joker going to juvie was anything other than a farce, which he did only to save the rest of the team. As you say, there's no proof the Metaverse existed or he actually did anything to change anyone's heart, the only thing the state can stick on him is possession of an airsoft gun and writing libelous open letters to people which turn out not to be libelous at all, the fact that the authorities comes down so hard on him has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with punishing someone who dared to show up the state. Similarly, Sae asks Joker to turn himself in not because it's the right thing but because it'll keep her sister and the others from being arrested along with him, even she's aware there's nothing fair or just about the situation he's been placed in.

Even when Joker is freed, it's not because of a fair and transparent investigation which determined he had done no wrong, it's because his actions had inspired other people to action leading to the initial testimony against him being withdrawn. Any justice in the game occurs in spite of the state's best efforts, not because of it, even going into the epilogue.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

I did actually forget that little tidbit, yeah. It's very possible he did actually physically hurt Ryuji then, in which case he especially does not give a gently caress and knows he can get away with murder and people will sing his high praises.

I think he's still pretty cautious about it though. Like I'm assuming he intentionally provoked Ryuji so he could get justification for beating the poo poo out of him. He won't just do it outright, he'll make sure he has something of an excuse.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kamoshida is a really good antagonist, maybe even the best written one in the game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Kamoshida is a really good antagonist, maybe even the best written one in the game.

There's not much competition really. I like Goro and all but Kamoshida's less ambitious and so is pulled off better.

Sae's time as villain was also pretty good though. She was used well I thought.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goro is probably the closest any other antagonist in the game comes to being as well written. Shido as well, but he's got some weird stuff going on in places that make you go, huh? Plus that awful loving scene with the exposition in his office. Sae is fine, but she's less outright villainous and more jaded and tired. The fact that she still sees people as people puts her on a more humane scale than most of the targets even if she did end up sending a shitton of people to jail.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Goro is probably the closest any other antagonist in the game comes to being as well written. Shido as well, but he's got some weird stuff going on in places that make you go, huh? Plus that awful loving scene with the exposition in his office. Sae is fine, but she's less outright villainous and more jaded and tired. The fact that she still sees people as people puts her on a more humane scale than most of the targets even if she did end up sending a shitton of people to jail.

Shido never really gets better than being a solid villain. Like, i've never thought he was a disappointing or bad villain, but he's y'know acceptable.

I guess I also like Sae when she's in a villainous role for the first half of the game because it's the time the framing device is used in the most interesting way. You start the judgement confidant, where she starts cutting you some slack and trusting you, at the moment she appears in the story and is just kinda an incredibly unpleasant person which is a neat contrast. You keep getting ranks up as you see her brutally talk down to her sister, threaten Sojiro, and come ever closer to going off the deep end. She seems pretty close to a breakdown at some points. Then before palace 6 starts she pulls a calling card out of her pocket and you're left wondering if "wait. Is the reason she seems to be a much better person in the present because she got her heart stolen?" which adds to the whole mystery around Palace 6's aftermath.

Also, I just absolutely loved the whole nonsense around the Phantom Thieves big complicated "gently caress Goro Akechi" plan which comes at the climax of her time as a villain. And Makoto gets a lot to do in her palace and she's my 2nd favourite character so that's nice.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

cheetah7071 posted:

I made sure to romance her solely to crush my cat's dreams. That's what you get for making me go to sleep Morgana!

It's hard for me to pick a best antagonist since it's hard for me to separate the character from the boss fight and what the boss looked like. I mean, clearly Shido's the biggest rear end in a top hat, and his fight is no slouch, but by the time I got to him I'd figured out the game well enough and had enough good items that I don't think anyone even got knocked down.

Meanwhile, Kamoshida blew my mind with how you had to send a party member to gently caress with him, which I wasn't expecting, and I barely clutched my way through the fight with various healing items since I didn't even have media on anyone at the time. He's also one of very few bad guys with a personal beef against Joker specifically, not just a member of the party.

And even while I sing his praises as an antagonist I still can't put him up top definitively. He benefits a lot from having so much time interacting directly with the party, but I do like for there to be bigger stakes and a bigger threat for what would happen if you don't succeed, and both he and the other early antagonists suffer for being at the bottom end of a scale of stakes that reaches "Corruption of the entire nation" and "enslavement of the human race" at the other end.

I suppose if I have to pick one it would be Goro. I like that his evil actions are in the top tier, I like that I didn't completely see him being the traitor coming (I was sure that the quick glimpse we saw of the killer shooting Okumura was Sae based on the heels and outline, and the few spoilers I read beforehand only reinforced that), and most of all I like that in a game that asks if you're sure you want to move in and fight even the mildest miniboss he just swoops in and forces a fight out of nowhere. It hosed me up a bit since I like having saves at every boss fight and now the best I can do is trim one miniboss off the wait before fighting him again, but I love how he works outside even the game's established rules for boss fights and just does his own thing.

Wild Card indeed!

Captain Baal posted:

As I remember it the game explicitly lays out that Ryuji got in his one little swing because he couldn't take Kamoshida's physical and mental abuse any more, and Kamoshida responded by trashing his leg to the point that his track future was ruined.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Shido a lot for what he is. The fact that he has this massive sense of Tunnel Vision where only his goal is worth his attention and anyone who steps in his way for even a second needs to be removed is pretty simple in and of itself. However, it's like the simplicity and brutality with which he approaches it and how he immediately distances himself after he sends out the call to handle it. Like the fact the dude just instinctively created a Goro to kill the actual Goro and never once realized he was doing it, is a pretty drat amazing level of what he does. The fact that everyone must be removed from his path, even his allies so he can become prime minister and bring what he thinks is right for Japan forth. It gives him a really menacing sense of presence, but also makes him feel kind of untouchable since he just has everything that could even come close to talking back to him on lockdown. The fact that he doesn't even recognize his own hand in his downfall is especially amazing. He embodies all of the characteristics of the lovely adults the main characters are fighting against so wholly and his utter ruthlessness and disregard for basic human rights to do so is really kind of intimidating in its own way. He's not a particularly complex character, but there's such a purity to how monstrous he is that he definitely feels like an amazing villain to me. It also helps his fight is basically the climax of Joker's entire storyline and the music helps signify that and he turns in loving Senator Armstrong in what is actually a pretty fun boss fight.

Wrt Sae, I think the framing device hurt her in my eyes more in a lot of ways. Not that she's necessarily bad, but like she get very tiresome to keep conversing with about very basic stuff and it just breaks flow to have a nothing discussion with her so many times that lead to me giving answers like, "I've told you the same poo poo a million times, dude." As an actual character in the leadup to her Palace, she's got a really solid storyline and her being a foil to Makoto there makes it a cool makeup dungeon for Makoto's internal dilemmas and turmoil to actually show up considering the third dungeon is her getting poo poo on by everyone and finally deciding enough is enough. The Goro plan is amazing no matter what because they idea the main characters are smart enough to catch how much a shithead Goro is right away is very good and I am happy they loving psyched him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Captain Baal posted:

The Goro plan is amazing no matter what because they idea the main characters are smart enough to catch how much a shithead Goro is right away is very good and I am happy they loving psyched him out.

On that topic, I like that some of the surprises on the big reveal worked for me. I didn't see the cognitive dupe plan coming at all, and I didn't think anything of Futaba freaking out over the phone and grabbing it because that seemed like a Futaba thing to do. I have to give the game credit for not making me suspect that a god-tier hacker who has already done some wiretaps would be wiretapping a phone on the fly.

Just one more reason why I feel like I made the right choice spending christmas and Valentines with Futaba, even if having the teacher swing by would have been quite a bit more efficient in terms of saving time down the line.

• Locked thread