Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Coyote gave me some semtex and told me to put it in the security booth :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm​ having a hard time believing that all of them are really that naive.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Annie is acting like when I try to pretend that I'm happy and full of life and hope about the future. Her expressions seem really forced.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Parely, that's a great gift. Just imagine when you are feeling down, you can take a shot of Coyote. Or maybe blend Coyote into a mixer.

God's....fluid is extremely versatile.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Coyote is smuggling himself into the school one bit at a time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Isn't this pretty much what the standard decontamination procedure tries to prevent?

The robots will try to decontaminate the Coyote water so they will toss it out. But Coyote was also the bottle
and the court.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Isn't this pretty much what the standard decontamination procedure tries to prevent?

The robots will try to decontaminate the Coyote water so they will toss it out. But Coyote was also the bottle
and the court.

And the robots.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I was joking earlier, but thinking about it, the seed bismuth could actually be some fragment of Coyote which tricked itself into believing to be a court.
That might sort of explain why he wants to infiltrate it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I was joking earlier, but thinking about it, the seed bismuth could actually be some fragment of Coyote which tricked itself into believing to be a court.
That might sort of explain why he wants to infiltrate it.

I personally prefer the Idea that his rival Crow made the Court and just wants to mess with him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drunk Theory posted:

Parely, that's a great gift. Just imagine when you are feeling down, you can take a shot of Coyote. Or maybe blend Coyote into a mixer.

God's....fluid is extremely versatile.

Take that kinda talk to the Butt Zone mister.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Scholtz posted:

Coyote selflessly gives out all of these gifts, but does anyone bring gifts for Coyote? And don't say stories, because they just got a story AND gifts.

For The Coyote Who Is Everything

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

and the court.

I think those guys stole the "contaminated material" so they could have fun with it. Look at them jumping around and dancing in the last panel.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the cobbles at the edge of the bridge are overgrown with grass! coyote's already taking over!! :supaburn:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Awkwaaaaaard

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Awkwaa-

Conot posted:

Awkwaaaaaard

t:mad:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hremsfeld posted:

Awkwaa-

Conot posted:

Awkwaaaaaard

t:mad:

Eugh, awkwaaaard...

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
This is the bit where everything blows up right?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Okay Robot, I've come up with an even stronger body for you, with better muscles and nerves, and--"

"After our last adventure, I think a cold, unfeeling, metal robot body would be fine, Kat."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Okay Robot, I've come up with an even stronger body for you, with better muscles and nerves, and--"

"After our last adventure, I think a cold, unfeeling, metal robot body would be fine, Kat."

Nooo way, robot's all like "Ah so this is what it feels like... to die.

It was worth it."

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was freaking myself out, thinking that the bridge had magically grown insanely huge, and they were like "something's off... but i cant quite put my finger on it"

But no it's always looked like that, phew http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=478 http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1821

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love how annie looks so much more depressed in the reflection angle.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SHISHKABOB posted:

I was freaking myself out, thinking that the bridge had magically grown insanely huge, and they were like "something's off... but i cant quite put my finger on it"

But no it's always looked like that, phew http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=478 http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1821

The Court has always struck me as odd because it seems to be built to handle an entire city's worth of people, yet it is sparsely populated. Did there used to be more people around?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I love how annie looks so much more depressed in the reflection angle.

Annie doesn't like to burden people with her feelings.

There Bias Two posted:

The Court has always struck me as odd because it seems to be built to handle an entire city's worth of people, yet it is sparsely populated. Did there used to be more people around?

The girls have wondered this a few times too, it's likely that what everyone's been saying about the court growing from the seed bismuth is true and that it literally grows like a living thing, so most of it is just empty and pointless overgrowth.

It's a pretty good metaphor for urban sprawl, really. The court looks like the most dreary parts of London if they stretched out for miles and miles.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

There Bias Two posted:

Wasn't there a war fairly recently? That'd thin out the population quite a bit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dienes posted:

Wasn't there a war fairly recently?

1940 is recent?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There Bias Two posted:

I get the sense it is either in decline or has strayed mightily from its original vision.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's kind of weird, the bridge has always been huge but the early shots of the river seemed to be disproportionately small.
http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=126
I don't know if it was Tom having trouble with perspective when showing the river or if the gorge narrows drastically.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Splicer posted:

It's kind of weird, the bridge has always been huge but the early shots of the river seemed to be disproportionately small.
I don't know if it was Tom having trouble with perspective when showing the river or if the gorge narrows drastically.

It's supposed to be pretty wide.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

He says in the youtube videos that it's meant to be super wide, but perspective is hard.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nettle Soup posted:

He says in the youtube videos that it's meant to be super wide, but perspective is hard.
That's what I figured. I should watch those.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Splicer posted:

It's right there in the authors comments.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I was just thinking how this wigs me out.

Lurdiak posted:

It's a pretty good metaphor for urban sprawl, really. The court looks like the most dreary parts of London if they stretched out for miles and miles.

I actually like this interpretation. Anything to make it feel less like an (actual) ghost town.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

It's right there in the authors comments.
Welp :suicide:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

so now it's time for Kat to be a major bummer to complete the bummer cycle, right?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

CrashCat posted:

so now it's time for Kat to be a major bummer to complete the bummer cycle, right?

Robot will give a rousing speech about how it was worth it and good and he'd do it again and again and again

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I love my huge dead urban megasphere
http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1208

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

A lot of it was pretty clearly never inhabited

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

rannum posted:

Robot will give a rousing speech about how it was worth it and good and he'd do it again and again and again

Dying is the only way to Become As Gods.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dias posted:

Dying is the only way to Become As Gods.

YoRHa-ving a little bit too much fun with that reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

You know, this made me realize, Whatsisface hasn't been in the comic in a long while, aside from Parley's training flashbacks. I really want to see how him and Tony interact.