Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Norns posted:

I have a strong desire to play Super Mario RPG. Sure would be cool on this here switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

I have a strong desire to play Super Mario World. Sure would be cool on this here switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how a relay of Mario RPG goes. Play through first third, get bored. Move on.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I put in the first seed and the shop has no ? Item. Could the items differ on shop level maybe?

A run's seed determines what items and enemies appear of course, but if you haven't unlocked an item that is supposed to appear, something else will appear instead. What's likely is that you and the other poster have your shop unlocks in a different state which caused him to find ? and you to find something totally different with the same seed.

This also means that seed sharing experiences will possibly differ between any players who aren't on 100% save files. I think this is kind of stupid.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Can't wait for this to either be real or not be real and watch dumb gently caress nerds talk about how Nintendo is doomed and don't know how to business.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is I am Setsuna worth it if I think Chrono Trigger is one of the best games I've ever played? I keep seeing it being drawn to comparison to it and wanted to see if it's worth it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If your favorite thing about CT was COMBAT OH MY GOD I LOVE THE COMBAT IT WAS THE ONLY GREAT THING ABOUT CHRONO TRIGGER, you will adore Setsuna.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Is I am Setsuna worth it if I think Chrono Trigger is one of the best games I've ever played? I keep seeing it being drawn to comparison to it and wanted to see if it's worth it.

No, it's pretty much guaranteed to disappoint you in that case.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

parallelodad posted:

Here's how a relay of Mario RPG goes. Play through first third, get bored. Move on.

I play this game all the way through almost yearly. I loving love it. I wont let you besmirch it's name.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Diabetic posted:

It's real bad

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wait for the Radiant Historia remake coming to 3DS for the true Chrono Trigger spiritual sequel.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I'm sorry you don't enjoy good games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've really enjoyed Setsuna. Of classic square rpg's though I'd say it's most similar to FF4. Very linear, characters have set skills and purposes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

parallelodad posted:

It bugs me whenever people refer to Shovel Knight as an 8-bit throwback. The only thing 8-bit about it is the voices used in the soundtrack and number of channels matches the Konami sound chip on some Famicom games. Everything else about it, from number of colors per sprite​, number of sprites on screen, parallax scrolling, number of buttons used, and so on is far more akin to SNES games and in actuality beyond it.

Actually, the NES can do parallax scrolling, it just can't do layers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Actually, the NES can do parallax scrolling, it just can't do layers.

Those are tricks. Just animated tiles over a segment of the screen.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm liking I Am Setsuna but just don't expect Chrono Trigger.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I enjoyed it. The story is predictable and ends as it gets going, the art style is incredibly repetitive, but its Chrono Trigger combat with timing based button press boosts a la Super Mario RPG. Was an enjoyable quick play that staved off a replay of either game.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I'm liking I Am Setsuna but just don't expect Chrono Trigger.

Yeah, it doesn't have the charm or depth of Chrono Trigger in any way. The combat and "feel" are there, but it was very clearly a team tracing a much better game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe Street Fighter 2 Again is gonna cost $40 fuckin US

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Kashuno posted:

It's Capcom. Have you seen how much money they're trying to milk out of SFV?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
More like "Crapcom" haha

I will pay eleventy jillion dollars for Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter on the Switch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kashuno posted:

There is nothing more genius than the same game from 1995 being sold to nerds twice yearly at full retail price.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Kashuno posted:

It's because it is getting a physical release. I'll bet it'd have been $30 if they went digital only (which is probably still $10 too much). Until 8GB NAND drops to pennies, I can't see anyone being able to get away with a $30 (or less) physical release anytime soon, even for smaller games like USF2:TFC.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Should la released sf2+alpha3

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I spent a ton of money on SF2 arcade machines, and then on the SPECIAL CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION on the Mega Drive. I've never really had any desire to play it since (but I'm not really into fighters anymore).

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Kashuno posted:

When is Monster World 4 getting redone
Never gonna happen, and it breaks my heart.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now that 3DS is on the way out and Vita is dead, Switch is gonna make gangbusters with whatever the next Monster Hunter is. It will be nice to play a Monster Hunter game that doesn't look like poo poo and also isn't gimped by handheld controls

also if capcom wants to charge $40 for a Switch Street Fighter, start with portable Third Strike with online matchmaking. I'm hoping SNK jumps on the train and maybe puts KOF14 on switch in the future.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hey guys, LEGO City Undercover is still good on the Nintendo Switch console. I was happy to pay Best Buy $30 to take it out of their store.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

parallelodad posted:

Turn on your monitor

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Now that I realize they aren't done with the 3DS, I'm not convinced we are getting a Switch Monster Hunter anytime soon.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

parallelodad posted:

I don't get bored with a replay until the part where I beat the power rangers.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I don't get bored with a replay until the part where I beat the power rangers.

The only parts I really remember are this and when you fight that Final Fantasy boss in like another dimension.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

If you don't beat Super Mario RPG you don't get the greatest video game ending of all time.

Also it has a Pirate Shark that also is your best friend.

Mario RPG is the best

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario RPG is the best Mario RPG and I'd buy an SNES Classic if it and Yoshi's Island were on it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never played super Mario galaxy and would like to please have Wii game son Switch thanks

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Mario Galaxy is amazing. An HD remake of 1 or 2 would be so god drat cool. Even Odyssey doesn't compare to Galaxy's dope color palette.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Hey guys, LEGO City Undercover is still good on the Nintendo Switch console. I was happy to pay Best Buy $30 to take it out of their store.

I did the same and then promptly walked it back into the store, it's an insanely poorly done port and wb should be shamed for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I did the same and then promptly walked it back into the store, it's an insanely poorly done port and wb should be shamed for it.

The Digital Foundry comparison made it look pretty good. It's almost the same as on PS4 except the PS4 version oddly runs in 60FPS for small indoor sections only.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Digital Foundry comparison made it look pretty good. It's almost the same as on PS4 except the PS4 version oddly runs in 60FPS for small indoor sections only.

It's "fine" just a really clunky game overall, maybe I should not have said port and said game instead. I dunno, the aggravation outweighed the fun for me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Switch version of Lego City is actually higher resolution than the Xbox One if you can believe it. Both are 1080 vertical rows but the Switch uses square pixels and the XB1 uses anamorphic stretched pixels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does WonderBoy save your progress when you exit the game or do I need to right down these pig passwords?

• Locked thread