Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Which is why they have to be stopped. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Voting 6

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Psion posted:

I have no idea which to vote for, really. I know 4 and 6 have a ton of traction and for good reason, but hmmm

If we try 6, we have to count on ComStar being willing to actually transmit the relevant messages, and ComStar being ComStar, that might be a dicey proposition.

If we try 4, maybe it works and maybe it doesn't, but either way the Lyrans have a good chance to fight off the Clans while the Draconis Combine stands a good chance of being the proverbial Easy Meat who get steamrolled, and anything that steamrolls Hanse Davion cannot help but be a good thing. I think you should vote 4.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
What I meant was more that I totally get why people are going 4/6. But the other consequences for the Lyrans with the other options also sound cool!

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 19, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Switching my vote to 4. I really wanted to see my initial choice of 1 but thems the breaks.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

evilmiera posted:

Switching my vote

No switching allowed.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Psion posted:

What I meant was more that I totally get why people are going 4/6. But the other consequences for the Lyrans with the other options also sound cool!

4/6 is perfectly serviceable for a Lyran heavy or assault. :colbert:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
7/9 with masc or bust!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

meh

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Withdraw? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate the Clans chances

Everseen
Apr 27, 2010

Because it has the most potential to go "well".

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

vorebane posted:

7/9 with masc or bust!

6/9/9 or you might as well not even be there.

DeepThrobble
Sep 18, 2006

CourValant posted:

Actually, I never got that part; he's a solider, not a babysitter, why would anyone think he'd do a good job raising a Cameron?

He could have been Regent without having the sole responsibility of molding the next leader of the Star League.

In any event, let's not argue about the efficacy of a fictional character in a Stompy Robot Combat setting; I just didn't want to see another setting character reduced to a 'one-liner pile-on'.
There should have been some sort of imperial family household agency like in England or Japan to cover raising the next generation of Camerons and let the First Lord deal with business. But then Jeeves would've politely shown Amaris the door, informing him that little Richard has a busy social schedule with the children of other Camerons and Terran Hegemony elites, and that he should seek friends his own age. Even if clumsily handled the takeaway is that he was chosen because of the House lords politicking, they wanted a weak regency to give them room for more ratfuckery, with tragic consequences.

Defiance Industries posted:

Not THAT professional, he promoted his brain-damaged son to the rank of Major General. His decision to elevate Nicholas casts a negative light over every decision he made on the way to the Exodus, now that we know he intended to implement dynastic succession for his position rather than having it pass to his immediate subordinate. Also, his failure to designate a clear second who could fill the gap after DeChevelier's death contributed greatly to the Pentagon Worlds disintegrating along with the military structure of the Star League-in-Exile. I don't know if it's a coincidence that his most recent art (from Liberation of Terra) looks exactly like Putin.
There's a fair share of blame he shoulders for post-Exodus, namely the entire lack of a civilian government, but you're blaming him for both wanting his son to succeed him while not having said son in any position to do so. Plus, if people wanted him to establish House Kerensky in the Inner Sphere, why go to all of the trouble?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeepThrobble posted:

There's a fair share of blame he shoulders for post-Exodus, namely the entire lack of a civilian government, but you're blaming him for both wanting his son to succeed him while not having said son in any position to do so. Plus, if people wanted him to establish House Kerensky in the Inner Sphere, why go to all of the trouble?

Yes, I am blaming him for both of those things; it was very short-sighted of him. The entire idea of the Exodus is shortsighted. He didn't even have a plan of where they were going and he stopped at the Pentagon Worlds because, for all indications, he was just tired of making jumps to nowhere. So the reason he didn't establish House Kerensky in the Inner Sphere is that he just didn't have that idea yet. It's something he decided on much later in life and didn't have a good plan on how to accomplish. He did it in a very clumsy way as he was close to dying while trying to hold together a group of people who were already deeply suspicious of Kerensky's friends being promoted above all others (Absalom Truscott was a particular target of this)

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 19, 2017

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

goatface posted:

A - Allow Hanse Davion to save the day
B - "Allow" Hanse Davion to save the day
C - Allow "Hanse Davion" to save the day
D - Allow "Hanse" Davion to save the day
E - Allow Hanse Davion to "save" the day

this post is the one that finally got me to question if I've been mispronouncing the name Hanse all these years.

...close-to-rhyming-with-"pants" is what my brain had settled on. I hadn't really thought about it.

Almost certainly "Hans-uh" isn't it

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I always just pronounced it like Hans in my head.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Zaodai posted:

Thats a silly way to say Hans.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Telsa Cola posted:

Thats a silly way to say Hans.

He's still the baddy. Apparently.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Is there the technology and logistics to dissasemble mech factories and move them spinwards?

Some rich people might even emigrate to another nation, even without 3 being picked.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RA Rx posted:

Is there the technology and logistics to dissasemble mech factories and move them spinwards?

Some rich people might even emigrate to another nation, even without 3 being picked.

Not really, the closest we've seen is building new lines at other sites to replace lost production. Even if there was, there's probably not enough transport capacity to move a complex the size of, say, Coventry Metal Works or LAW without completely stripping all military forces and a lot of your merchants of spacecraft. Most of these major factory complexes have the surface footprint of a city, and that's without considering their satellite facilities and anything underground.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

propatriamori posted:

this post is the one that finally got me to question if I've been mispronouncing the name Hanse all these years.

...close-to-rhyming-with-"pants" is what my brain had settled on. I hadn't really thought about it.

Almost certainly "Hans-uh" isn't it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TVYT2OJyhBw

Oh, and 4 seems like it will cause more interesting problems than 6 will.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Things are still too close for me to comfortably call this vote.

Scannex
Oct 16, 2007

Do you want me to go harder?
Nap Ghost

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
It's obviously Pants Davion. Fonz Davion doesn't sound right at all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Gwaihir has finally convinced me to follow this thread.

Voting 4 because all trashborn need to die by whatever means necessary.

Nephila
Aug 19, 2005

Crawling up your leg as you read this.
4 sounds really great, and the reunions it might bring would be magical.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skoll posted:

Voting 4 because all trashborn need to die by whatever means necessary.

I'm afraid they lied to you then, since they just convinced you to vote to team up with the Steel Vipers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm afraid they lied to you then, since they just convinced you to vote to team up with the Steel Vipers.

If they die fighting for me, they're still dead.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Skoll posted:

If they die fighting for me, they're still dead.

Found the capellan.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Great Beer posted:

Found the capellan.

SQUAWK

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Zaodai posted:

This is how I read it as well.

Davion is space Anglo-Saxons, so why would it be 'Han-sel' in the Germanic tradition?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Things are still too close for me to comfortably call this vote.

So, what's your feel on how and when to call it then?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Hanse Davion is supposed to be Space French, right?

So the H is actually silent, as is the 'n' at the end of "Davion" unless the next word following it starts with a vowel.

Anse Davio.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Great Beer posted:

Found the capellan.

Lyrans have been getting Clanners to die for them so they don't have to since the 90s. We invented that poo poo. We are also destroying their culture with consumer goods.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alright, so.

I'm down to six players. That's right--we've hit the end of the player list. So, to save me some time and a whole lot of missed turns, I put together a Google Document for old player availability.

Here it is (please let me know if there're any troubles, I barely use google docs)

Find your name on the New Availability List, and if you're around and willing to play, put a big fat 'yes' next to your name. I will be skipping over anyone who doesn't, and anyone who no-showed isn't eligible.

Priority will be given to blue names who voluntarily chose to pass for one reason or another when their turn came up the first time. No Shows have been removed from the list entirely.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 19, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PoptartsNinja posted:

Alright, so.

I'm down to six players. That's right--we've hit the end of the player list. So, to save me some time and a whole lot of missed turns, I put together a Google Document for old player availability.

Here it is (please let me know if there're any troubles, I barely use google docs)

Find your name on the New Availability List, and if you're around and willing to play, put a big fat 'yes' next to your name. I will be skipping over anyone who doesn't, and anyone who no-showed isn't eligible.

Priority will be given to blue names who voluntarily chose to pass for one reason or another when their turn came up the first time. No Shows have been removed from the list entirely.

It's incredible to me how many people have participated in this over the years. I'm down to help go through it all again.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Already re-signed up. :toot:

It's been an awesome six years of giant stompy robots, looking forward to another six or more.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

W.T. Fits posted:

Already re-signed up. :toot:

It's been an awesome six years of giant stompy robots, looking forward to another six or more.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Great Beer posted:

Found the capellan.

Nope, still over here. The one you found is just bait into MANY CLEVER TRAPS.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There's also a new mercenary up on the Patreon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Alright, so.

Did you mean to tell everyone to put YES in the 'email contact' line because I bet that's how it's being interpreted?

• Locked thread