Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Nobody would have cared about this if it wasn't for antifa though.

Well, I mean, you aren't wrong. If it wasn't for antifa there probably wouldn't be a Richard Spencer speaking tour in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

SpaceGoku posted:

now everyone knows antifa was just saving people time by shutting up the neo-nazi who can't speak right and is dumb enough to insult college football in the south

They could have saved everyone even more time and just let him talk and humiliate himself in the first place. The alt-right thrives on imagining itself as the actual oppressed and functions better when their 'leaders' are attacked and prevented from sharing their wisdom. If you let them have the stage everyone gets bored and wanders off instead.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
both Milo and Spencer were destroyed because the antifa blew up their profiles too quickly and they weren't ready to handle the increased scrutiny they got from normies. It's not an either/or thing, their own public profile hurt them but the antifa prevented them from reaching that point on their terms, leaving them alone in the spotlight without any serious preparation or support to sway normal audiences

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Milo would have been savvy enough not to diss college football in the SEC, but he just wasn't savvy enough not to endorse loving teen boys.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

yeah no one gave a poo poo until their profiles were suddenly heightened

spencer in particular would have spent all of his time giving speeches to like-minded goobers to slowly build up his public speaking chops and also gaining enough of a profile to be able to hire a media team savvy enough to tell him to shut the gently caress up about his weird college football ideas in the american south

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah if some antifa guys hadn't busted his chops on multiple occasions no one would have the need to feel that he might have something "important but controversial" (or whatever) to say

now everyone knows antifa was just saving people time by shutting up the neo-nazi who can't speak right and is dumb enough to insult college football in the south

Are anti-fascists the real fascists :confused:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

Watch his football comments cause more heat for Spencer than calling for the 'peaceful' genocide of non-whites.

If he had said "Roll Tide." he would have been lynched and it would have been hilarious.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol @ Richard Spencer.

quote:

Tensions on campus were high. Afternoon classes were cancelled; many buildings were locked down. Police were everywhere. Three counter-protesters were arrested for disorderly conduct, according to a university police spokesman.

Following the speech, a small group of Spencer’s alt-right supporters left the campus hall and fled on foot as hundreds of students chased them off campus at a full sprint.

http://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional/white-nationalist-richard-spencer-riles-auburn-campus-three-arrested/5HeaD0TCfvfNI7DuXDUciJ/
So this is an interesting thing. Spencer being chased off by a mob of students -- not the black bloc -- is a PR disaster for him. But the threat of a clash between Antifa and the Heimbach goobers caused the university to cancel classes. That would pisssss off students because, in fact, a lot of them want to learn; and here's this Yankee alt-right son of a bitch intruding on their campus and messing it up.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'm glad Richard Spencer is dumb enough to insult football and Jesus in loving Alabama of all places. Those are the things Alabama loves the most (with the order depending on the Alabamian in question). I'm not glad he managed to not get punched. Richard Spencer getting punched every time he pokes his head out of his house would be even funnier than his idiotic rambling self destruction.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There was an armed protest by an Islamophobic group outside a nearby mosque a few weeks ago. There was a peaceful counter-protest, but then a group of Antifa showed up, one of them armed with a RAS47, and started shouting "fascist!" over and over again. It was getting tense and was a mess.

Eventually, a group of young Muslim guys from the mosque showed up, saw what was going on, and invited the Islamophobic guys out to lunch to a Middle Eastern place to talk about Islam.

The Islamophobic group was like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Local news crews followed and filmed the lunch. Not sure it changed many minds but there hasn't been any mosque protests since. The Islamophobes had never met any Muslims before, and were a small group that drove into the city from rural towns. It was a P.R. win for the mosque and all over the news, and in any case, they should be the ones leading the response as it's their mosque that was being protested. Antifa is like a hammer that only sees nails even when the circumstances call for different tactics.

The Antifa group then took to Twitter afterwards shocked and called the Muslim guys liberal interlopers, which was really condescending and frankly neo-colonialist according to their own ideology. Antifa is going to decide how to deal with the Islamophobes and not the local Muslim community? Bah.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Antifa is basically Mr. Magoo, if Mr. Magoo thought he was a freedom fighter saving everyone from nazis.

Luckily regular people are usually able to defuse the situation before they gently caress things up too much.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Not a Step posted:

Antifa is basically Mr. Magoo, if Mr. Magoo thought he was a freedom fighter saving everyone from nazis.

Luckily regular people are usually able to defuse the situation before they gently caress things up too much.

tell us more about your anti-antifas hardon friend. A lot of reasons why they are around more is because regular people didnt do poo poo but write edgy puff pieces about the alt right and give them all sorts of attention.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I can get down with a Doof Warrior with a sick guitar rolling up behind a united Black Bloc but five Antifa on a college campus isn't gonna work when the police tell them to take their masks off and put the sticks away.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
After Auburn it's pretty obvious Antifas tactics are counter productive and good old fashion non-violent political action by regular folks is far more affective.

Spencer wanted violence, he wanted his crew of boneheads to mix it up with antifas, so he could get more headlines and draw more people into his group. He didn't get that.

Instead he got chased out of town by normies and everyone is laughing at him(as we should be).

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

After Auburn it's pretty obvious Antifas tactics are counter productive and good old fashion non-violent political action by regular folks is far more affective.

Spencer wanted violence, he wanted his crew of boneheads to mix it up with antifas, so he could get more headlines and draw more people into his group. He didn't get that.

Instead he got chased out of town by normies and everyone is laughing at him(as we should be).

I can agree with that, Its most likely not the most preferred venue for punchmans. Stick to old school stuff, or just very glaringly be protecting innocent protestors if you are going to be famewhoring on tv

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

this. i am cool with nazis geting assulted and beaten down, but its clear that it only works some of the time and is more likely to give them a martyr complex then anything. milo and spencer destroyed themselves, hell, trump is destroying himself and the GOP slowly. its seems like its better to have these dudes get hosed up before they can get savvy, then let them hang themselves.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
im not someone to moralise over nazis getting decked but it seems like a lot of what american antifa groups are actually doing is normalising street violence and giving maga dipshits a common enemy to fight against

and i mean, if you want dumb cosplay battles then that's your choice- i doubt anyones going to die at these things

but it isnt really doing much but providing content for both side's twitter memes

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Milo would have been savvy enough not to diss college football in the SEC, but he just wasn't savvy enough not to endorse loving teen boys.

Milo could diss college football all he wants, because he's a pet queer for conservatives. Spencer can't because he's a regular old weepy fop.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Like, Richard wants to be their ethnically pure lord and to command their respect without being of their low ilk; he's always a hair's breadth from pissing off any crowd that isn't basically gathered for a Whitehouse reunion concert.

Milo shucks and jives his way across the stage, comically juggling all the cocks he wants to suck and getting his wig stuck in his pearls, while endorsing that they commit hate crimes and support America's Surly Rich Grandfather. He can get away with so much because of that.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Uh i think it's a bad idea to break into the Madrid armouries guys, the way to deal with this is to sit down with general Franco and invite him to our homes, open up a dialogue

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Uh i think it's a bad idea to break into the Madrid armouries guys, the way to deal with this is to sit down with general Franco and invite him to our homes, open up a

General Franco and his legion of hardened fascists are the exact same as a group of sadbrained nofap incel virgins. Also said virgins are fat.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Apr 19, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Uh i think it's a bad idea to break into the Madrid armouries guys, the way to deal with this is to sit down with general Franco and invite him to our homes, open up a dialogue

careful now, its illegal to make jokes like this in spain

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I mean, with the benefit of hindsight...

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
You would think that Alabama would be easy mode for a white nationalist which makes Spencers' fuckup even funnier than if this had happened at Berkeley or New York

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BrandonWTVM/status/854482570725249025

Anti-fascist dude is the one on the left.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

That jabroni tried to cheap shot the antifas guy with an elbow and got clocked, bloodied, and arrested for his troubles.

Also that hair. WTF is that hair?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

Also that hair. WTF is that hair?

which one ffs? I mean i rock a hockey flow so im about the last person to talk but im not going to go shave up the sides and poo poo all weird.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

and i must meme posted:

im not someone to moralise over nazis getting decked but it seems like a lot of what american antifa groups are actually doing is normalising street violence and giving maga dipshits a common enemy to fight against

and i mean, if you want dumb cosplay battles then that's your choice- i doubt anyones going to die at these things

but it isnt really doing much but providing content for both side's twitter memes

whats wrong with normalizing street violence??????

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Glorious

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

careful now, its illegal to make jokes like this in spain

Arrest me

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Montasque posted:

General Franco and his legion of hardened fascists are the exact same as a group of sadbrained nofap incel virgins. Also said virgins are fat.

So its the perfect time to line them up against a wall?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Montasque posted:

Maybe they're fat intentionally so they can't be carbombed over a 4 story building.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

So its the perfect time to line them up against a wall?

Nah. It's best we show up in numbers to point and laugh as they run away pissing and making GBS threads all over themselves.

They are their own worst enemy. Why create martyrs?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

Nah. It's best we show up in numbers to point and laugh as they run away pissing and making GBS threads all over themselves.

They are their own worst enemy. Why create martyrs?

punch one nazi and he becomes a martyr

punch all the nazis and he becomes a statistic

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i do like how guy up there handled it, no mask, and let them swing first. then its self defense! :byoscience:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Al! posted:

punch one nazi and he becomes a martyr

punch all the nazis and he becomes a statistic

That's why we need to make punching nazis a priority. Make Richard Spencer feel less special. Reduce him to sitting in the bath crying and listening to Black Celebration by candlelight. I'll vote for anyone who makes this a key point they intend to address in whatever capacity their office allows.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mysterious frankie posted:

That's why we need to make punching nazis a priority. Make Richard Spencer feel less special. Reduce him to sitting in the bath crying and listening to Black Celebration by candlelight. I'll vote for anyone who makes this a key point they intend to address in whatever capacity their office allows.

hey whats wrong with sitting in the bath crying and listening to Black Celebration by candlelight?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

hey whats wrong with sitting in the bath crying and listening to Black Celebration by candlelight?

It's just funnier when a nazi tough guy does it without a hint of irony.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mysterious frankie posted:

It's just funnier when a nazi tough guy does it without a hint of irony.

:smithfrog: buuut i like depeche mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

:smithfrog: buuut i like depeche mode.

HEY I DO TOO GET OFF MY BACK GEEZ