Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

This is a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This is an utterly foul cartoon, from the framing of preventing atrocities like gas attacks as "killing brown people" to the implication that Trump groping women isn't seriously evil. gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women; most presidents have killed brown people for no reason, but none of them have, AFAIK, violated women's boundaries before (except for Thomas Jefferson, I guess, but no one knew that at the time). War is lovely, but it's always been lovely; meanwhile, Trump is turning back women's rights to a time before our country's foundation, when they couldn't even vote. And this cartoon is just helping him right along by literally portraying his victims as inanimate objects.

I wish we were getting lovely hot take cartoons about Hillary instead of Trump. :smith:

"What's worse: Hillary killing brown people, or Hillary being a woman president?"
-Alternate Universe Cyansky Probably

21 Muns fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 19, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

21 Muns posted:

This is an utterly foul cartoon, from the framing of preventing atrocities like gas attacks as "killing brown people" to the implication that Trump groping women isn't seriously evil. gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women; most presidents have killed brown people for no reason, but none of them have, AFAIK, violated women's boundaries before (except for Thomas Jefferson, I guess, but no one knew that at the time). War is lovely, but it's always been lovely; meanwhile, Trump is turning back women's rights to a time before our country's foundation, when they couldn't even vote. And this cartoon is just helping him right along by literally portraying his victims as inanimate objects.

I wish we were getting lovely hot take cartoons about Hillary instead of Trump. :smith:

"What's worse: Hillary killing brown people, or Hillary being a woman president?"

Um
Uhhh
Its saying none of those things.
Its talking about how tv pundits are shameless, hypocritical warhawks who gobble down inmense amounts of authoritarian cock.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

21 Muns posted:

This isn't saying "sexually harassing women is okay," it's saying "the media has totally forgotten that Trump sexually harassed women."

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

21 Muns posted:

gently caress, even if Trump is killing brown people for no reason (and, to be fair to the cartoonist, he probably is, but the thing he's referring to in this comic, based on the talking points, is the airfield bombing in Syria, which isn't even killing anyone, let alone for no reason), that'd be better than him groping women

Lol

Not that groping women isn't heinous, but murdering minorities for poll numbers and starting wars for the hell of it is much much worse

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Um
Uhhh
Its talking about how tv pundits are shameless, hypocritical warhawks who gobble down inmense amounts of authoritarian cock.

Edit: on further reflection yeah it is clearly about pundits being easily manipulated dick bags

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 19, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Um
Uhhh

I think the scientific name for tv pundits is Naucrates ductor.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

21 Muns posted:

Is your gimmick being the worst at interpreting political cartoons?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Is your gimmick being the worst at interpreting political cartoons?

Not sure it's a gimmick.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

21 Muns posted:

is anyone else's reading of this post that 21 Muns is so eager to accuse this cartoon of excusing sexual harassment that they ended up excusing the flippant murder of civilians to help the President's approval numbers

because I don't know how else to read "war is lovely, but it's always been lovely"

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
But why... can't both be bad... like in the cartoon, 21muns.

Pundits didn't like pussygate because it was wrong and bad.

Pundits love bombing civilians despite the fact it's wrong and bad.

A Monkeysphere Cartoon

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Frankly if Trump had said effectively the same thing regarding harassing women but not used a vulgar expression to convey it, pundits wouldn't have given a poo poo. Political pundits care WAY more about tone than anything else. It's why Trump who was the same man with the same policies before and after his speech to congress was suddenly Presidential and they were falling over themselves to say how much he had changed because he could talk more or less like a regular politician for a hour.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Radish posted:

Frankly if Trump had said effectively the same thing regarding harassing women but not used a vulgar expression to convey it, pundits wouldn't have given a poo poo. Political pundits care WAY more about tone than anything else. It's why Trump who was the same man with the same policies before and after his speech to congress was suddenly Presidential and they were falling over themselves to say how much he had changed because he could talk more or less like a regular politician for a hour.

Conservatives in particular care way more about naughty language than actual policy or message; the only reason Never-Trumpers ever actually disliked Trump was that he said crude things in public which offended their Christian sensibilities. When Pussygate happened, a lot of conservatives responded by gesticulating wildly at Joe Biden and Bill Maher because they honestly thought the only reason anyone was mad was that Trump said the word "pussy" but Democrats use bad language too sometimes.

Center and left pundits aren't as monomaniacally obsessed with a PG rating as conservatives are, but they absolutely do care about tone way more than they should yeah

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 19, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I mean, Bill Maher is awful, the guy should get gestured at more often.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I gotta hand it to you, it takes effort to get every single aspect of your post incorrect.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

21 Muns posted:

Is this post ironic

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

whomupclicklike posted:

Is this post ironic

That's the same person who recently went on a tirade against a cartoon about those churches being bombed in Egypt, because the cartoon implied that there are Christians in Egypt, which is a Muslim country, which obviously means that it contains zero (0) Christians. So, no, it is not ironic.

but yeah my initial reaction was "source your quotes lol"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

21 Muns posted:

Is your gimmick being dumb as gently caress, or are you for real?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Let us not forget this little nugget. There's absolutely a non-zero chance he is just that bad at hot takes and reading comprehension.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

whomupclicklike posted:

Is this post ironic

I think we're definitely post-irony in this thread at this point.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skippy Granola posted:

But why... can't both be bad... like in the cartoon, 21muns.

Pundits didn't like pussygate because it was wrong and bad.

Pundits love bombing civilians despite the fact it's wrong and bad.

A Monkeysphere Cartoon

The cartoon literally doesn't depict it as bad, though? It completely downplays any nonconsensual aspect and doesn't even portray the woman Trump is groping as a person. We're supposed to think "gee, those reporters sure are backwards, thinking that Sex Is Bad and Violence Is Good".

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Tei posted:

I think the scientific name for tv pundits is Naucrates ductor.

Hmmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_fish

Yeah, checks out.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

21 Muns posted:

The cartoon literally doesn't depict it as bad, though? It completely downplays any nonconsensual aspect and doesn't even portray the woman Trump is groping as a person. We're supposed to think "gee, those reporters sure are backwards, thinking that Sex Is Bad and Violence Is Good".

Stop being willfully dense.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

21 Muns posted:

You're a doof.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

21 Muns posted:

we're really not

The joke is that Trump is experimenting on the pundits like lab rats. The bombing in the cartoon is also not depicted as a real event (it's a picture on a clipboard); within the context of the cartoon's metaphor, they are both laboratory-condition stimuli.

This is in service of the actual message: Trump is trying to figure out What Presidents Do by experiment, using the reactions of punditry as his data-set. He's throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks based on what people say about him afterward. The pundits didn't like when he was caught on tape talking about groping random women whenever he wanted, but they did like when he dropped bombs on foreigners. He is a narcissist who is addicted to positive attention. So he's going to be bombing a lot more people from here on out.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

21 Muns posted:

If you're examining this comic free of all real-life context then yes, I suppose you could glean that from it. But the comic isn't meant to be viewed with no real-life context. We know that Trump sexually harassed a woman (probably more than one, but definitely at least one), and him groping a dummy is shorthand for that.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

21 Muns, I just want you to know that I have decided that you are too entertaining to be put on ignore.
Keep soldiering on!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

While we are posting Wikipedia articles, what about this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud%C3%A9jar
http://espanafascinante.com/los-5-tesoros-del-mudejar-en-espana/

Churchs build by muslims in christians territories.

Muslims and christians can live togueter in peace.

I think 21 Muns is a cool guy, everybody makes mistakes.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I keep trying to scrawl "DEBT" on 21 Muns huge bad effort posts, what's happening to me?!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Try 'Obamacare' next.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tei posted:

I think 21 Muns is a cool guy, everybody makes mistakes.

The fact that this sentence exists is low-key the best joke ITT :allears:

albany academy posted:

I keep trying to scrawl "DEBT" on 21 Muns huge bad effort posts, what's happening to me?!

Something with that much angry text needs more arrows pointing at strawman caricatures, and less decipherable font

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Is there a chrome extension that will randomly replace Muns posts with "So much for the tolerant left" and other thread favorites? At least then his posts have a small chance of making sense.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
His heart is in the right place. Unwanted sexual contact is terrible.

Bad read on a cartoon tho

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is amazing

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

loquacius posted:

The fact that this sentence exists is low-key the best joke ITT :allears:

Something with that much angry text needs more arrows pointing at strawman caricatures, and less decipherable font

If you think about it, Ramirez is basically running normal, clean cartoons with recognisable caricatures through a Zalgo generator.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

That poor kid is gonna grow up with a very false picture of what a woman's posterior looks like.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Getting used to Discourse takes a bit.

You never growns to love infinite scroll or see go the concept of pages, but Discourse have so many other great features that is amazing.

Apparently forum.SomethingAnwful.com is going to migrate to Xenforo, that is probably the best traditional forum. Lots of nice features but is still build like your grandma phpBB forum.

\/ \/ \/

Dear bunnyofdoom

About markov chain mail armour for robots:

Discourse is mentioned in the cartoon. Is not a reference to Discourse the forum? if not, then I was wrong, sorry.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 19, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tei posted:

Getting used to Discourse takes a bit.

You never growns to love infinite scroll or see go the concept of pages, but Discourse have so many other great features that is amazing.

Apparently forum.SomethingAnwful.com is going to migrate to Xenforo, that is probably the best traditional forum. Lots of nice features but is still build like your grandma phpBB forum.

Man, this markov chain gets weirded and weirder and I think became a spam bot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

21 Muns posted:

No we're not, you're just really stupid. The whole point of the comic is that "Pundits are willing to forgive every bad thing because trump started doing war stuff" which is obvious both from the context of the comic and the context of recent events (which the comic is about) like Brian Williams jerking himself off live on camera about how 'Beautiful the lights [of the Tomahawk missiles Trump had fired at Syria] were' and speaking favorably about the President like bombing a country suddenly made all the previous awful poo poo okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man, this markov chain gets weirded and weirder and I think became a spam bot.

It's really weird because it's actually non-terrible advice about forums. It's just apropos of utterly nothing.

• Locked thread