Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Jusupov posted:

JO&MH@MR69

It's not gay if the controllers don't touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I mean, he's not wrong in that they are constantly patching the game. Maybe a little misleading because most of the time it's to fix bugs they created last patch and to change events, but not wrong.

When he goes on to talk about how they listen to the community, however...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/854411174858719232

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Coincidentally that both triples my interest in the event as well as leaving it at the previous value.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MH having local co-op on consoles is like an actual really good thing to have and probably instantly means a lot of people streaming the console versions on twitch or doing LPs on youtube or whatever just because you can have multiple people playing a thing and the roster's so big you can do weird teamups all the time

I also like the new UI

i dont think its going to get me to play the game again or anything but hey its nice stuff

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ghostlight posted:

Coincidentally that both triples my interest in the event as well as leaving it at the previous value.
I played until I got bored, which was enough to get 100 bundles. Only gotta get sick of this 11 more times over to get an item worth using!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MMAgCh posted:

I'm in favour of whatever'll induce the biggest meltdowns in the PC founder crowd.

It begins... THE NIGHT OF BLOOD BEGINS!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ahhh, there's my favorite O posters again. Been awhile since I ventured in to the O. Feels good bathe in the blood.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

me too bud

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I heard there were only 38 characters getting released at first in the console versions of the game. Is there a list of the ones that made the cut?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

nostrata posted:

I heard there were only 38 characters getting released at first in the console versions of the game. Is there a list of the ones that made the cut?
It's these, probably. As far as I know there's been no official confirmation so far, though.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks, I didn't want to have to wade through the O for that.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Kelp Plankton posted:

MH having local co-op on consoles is like an actual really good thing to have and probably instantly means a lot of people streaming the console versions on twitch or doing LPs on youtube or whatever just because you can have multiple people playing a thing and the roster's so big you can do weird teamups all the time

I also like the new UI

i dont think its going to get me to play the game again or anything but hey its nice stuff

It honestly looks pretty slick, if I had a ps4 I'd give it a shot. The new ui would be a welcomed change to pc but I won't hold my breath.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

I can't tell if its because they're zoomed in so far but it looks like a graphic upgrade and a totally new improved UI.

Too bad the game plays like complete rear end on a controller no matter how much they slow it down.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think that the new UI is only for consoles and won't be ported over to PC, unfortunately.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ive got a ps4, ive got people to play with who actually like marvel characters to begin with, and i'm still not sure i'll play it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Oh, I didn't realize Hollywood could get away with transfer pricing fraud. I'm so grateful for this thread.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Erdricks posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Oh, I didn't realize Hollywood could get away with transfer pricing fraud. I'm so grateful for this thread.

Are you kidding, it's the very foundation of "Hollywood accounting", it's how studios have been making movies almost since the beginning.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

X-def says hi

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kainser posted:

X-def says hi

As goes PvP.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Are you kidding, it's the very foundation of "Hollywood accounting", it's how studios have been making movies almost since the beginning.

Not kidding at all. I generally go out of my way to avoid learning things about film/tv because I just don't care about the industry in general. I am a proud flyover moo cow who just wants to be fed something interesting to watch while clicking my skinner box. It is totally fitting that studios dont pay taxes while screwing actors out of royalties. So efficient.

I was genuinely educated by this thread on something besides long vagines, obese superhero fetishes, and cosmic induced lower back pain.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Erdricks posted:

Not kidding at all. I generally go out of my way to avoid learning things about film/tv because I just don't care about the industry in general. I am a proud flyover moo cow who just wants to be fed something interesting to watch while clicking my skinner box. It is totally fitting that studios dont pay taxes while screwing actors out of royalties. So efficient.

I was genuinely educated by this thread on something besides long vagines, obese superhero fetishes, and cosmic induced lower back pain.

I too too have learned valuable life lessons through this thread and concepts such as the sunk cost fallacy, cognitive dissonance, and Stockholm syndrome.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I learned the value of friendship and that joining cults owns.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I learned people think gas station food is a place to go and sit down and eat at. Who would have thought.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
This thread also raised a lot of awareness about autism.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
An autistic persons favorite color is apparently yellow.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

I learned people think gas station food is a place to go and sit down and eat at. Who would have thought.

Wawa doesn't have seating. If only :(

If only I had a Wawa near my house. I miss it so much. 711 sucks.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

demolition man but taco bell didnt win the franchise wars, wawa did

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Wawa has outdoor seating.

Erdricks posted:

I don't even have a 7/11. All I have is Circle K.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

seconding the cult thing, we haven't even been raided by the fbi yet so really no downsides

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

I don't even have a 7/11. All I have is Circle K.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Qwik Trip is the best gas station ever and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Qwik Trip is the best gas station ever and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Heretic

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Rad Valtar posted:

Did they say when that might happen? I just want to know the pricing.

They announced the pricing:

quote:

We have a pack for Deadpool & Spiderman which will be 19.99 USD, Guardians pack for 39.99 USD, X-men & Avengers pack for 59.99 USD.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Said the Pope to Galileo.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003

Erdricks posted:

The renovated Wawa on Market St in Philly has seating. I think some newer Super Wawas might as well.

I just moved into the demilitarized zone where Sheetz and Wawa coexist. I never know what to do with my unhealthy eating habits and energy drink addiction.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Pizza Partisan posted:

The renovated Wawa on Market St in Philly has seating. I think some newer Super Wawas might as well.

I just moved into the demilitarized zone where Sheetz and Wawa coexist. I never know what to do with my unhealthy eating habits and energy drink addiction.

Oh my god, gently caress owning a nice, affordable house I need to get back to the east coast asap.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

GazFirefly posted:

You are right that it isn't apples to apples when it comes to console vs PC. In my own personal opinion, I'm not entirely sure we'd ever want to do a full port of everything in our console UI over to PC. Certainly there are a lot of cool things we have in the console UI that would be nice to have on the PC (like highlighting affected powers on a talent). But the PC has its own advantages, like being able to look at your inventory while simultaneously running around and kicking Oh.. My stars and garters!.
Could he have picked a worse example? I'm not sure he could have picked a worse example.