Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Admiral Ray posted:

debt owns you should get as much debt as possible and then never pay it off.

:yeah:

Just make sure you work a part time retail job so when they try to garnish your wages, you don't make enough money. Creditors are really bad at trying to figure this stuff out, they tried to get my wages garnished at Boeing twice (I never worked for Boeing). For a few years after that they kept trying to garnish my wages at my second job, and getting turned away because well part time retail doesn't pay poo poo.

Be prepared to have lies for your parents about identity theft as to why they're calling them on Christmas morning.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/donald-trump-wisconsin-visit-new-promises-237335

quote:

In a museum-like display room featuring a table of Snap-on products sold as souvenirs, Snap-on CEO Nick Pinchuk told the president that some customers wanted a box large enough to carry ashes following a cremation, according to a White House pool report.

“That’s depressing,” Trump replied.

Holy dogshit someone invented a metaphor that's obvious enough for President Holes-in-brain to not just smile and give it a thumbs up!?!?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/854740128325136384

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

gross

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:wow:

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

That's the stuff.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

declare bankruptcy lol

take out a mortgage and use the money to move off the grid in SE Asia, where collections agents will never be able to find you

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:pusheen:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

wouldn't it be great if our oil could get along with russia? wouldn't it be beautiful?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
seems like its much easier to dodge debt collectors for 7 years than declare bankruptcy imo

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Judge: *sigh* ... does council have any new evidence for the court?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/854698283129864196

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pander posted:

if we go from power rangers gifs to bsg gifs I'm going to be so happy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
*extremely alex jones voice*

yeah, well you have globalistic personality disorder. i've seen the papers, folks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah, Alex Jones is gonna lose his kids

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al! posted:

seems like its much easier to dodge debt collectors for 7 years than declare bankruptcy imo

It sure is! I still get an occasional letter, but it's been over 7 years so all they can do is ask nicely while I laugh and spit beer in their face.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Which sentai show is this?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i got a letter in the mail once that was like "yo this old debt you have well we aren't legally allowed to collect it and it doesnt affect your credit buuuuuuut you should really give us a call and start paying it, we'll even give you a discount of $100!!!!!!!"

nice try vermin

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
y'know i never thought to imagine jones as NPD but it really is starting to come together

Al! posted:

it is as long as you know which state to move to so you can tell them to gently caress off and stop calling you. predatory collection practices are illegal in CA and WA if my fuzzy memory is correct.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pretty sure giving a poo poo about people is the moral high ground actually

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Augus posted:

yeah, Alex Jones is gonna lose his kids

Reminder: they are in Texas.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

This is when he became truly presidential

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

this is the moral high gr-

efb damnit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

It sure is! I still get an occasional letter, but it's been over 7 years so all they can do is ask nicely while I laugh and spit beer in their face.

my general attitude is "oh u wanna sue me over 1k????????? make my day :q:"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Iron Crowned posted:

identity theft

i had a strange case of identity theft. either someone took out a couple credit cards in my name and paid them off on time (huh?) or someone behind the scenes was cooking books to create fake revenue. it was really easy to spot because i do not under any circumstances use or even apply for credit cards. sure, it hurts my credit score, but all that really is is a number quantifying how much of a useful idiot you are to the capital class

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fullhouse posted:

take out a mortgage and use the money to move off the grid in SE Asia, where collections agents will never be able to find you

my little sister did this to avoid student loans, she emigrated to Scotland and has lived there for a decade now

she can't come back to the US but that's a feature not a bug

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

lol americans' lust for death is both literally and figuratively stomach turning

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a powerful, powerful self own

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Augus posted:

pretty sure giving a poo poo about people is the moral high ground actually

yet another self-own by conservative memes

they literally can't wrap their head around having empathy being good and cool can they

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i mean

the kind of person who gets all hot and bothered about a naughty cuss is voting republican until they die so whatever

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Phone posted:

A bunch of kids (read: 30 year old dudes) in Overwatch are stilling using gay as a pejorative.

I can't get mad because it's incredibly vexing.

Either that or they're all matt forney clones

Video gamers are the worst.

I had to look up who Matt forney is and lol if that's masculinity count me out

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my favorite thing about this is how obvious it was from the start and how it won't matter at all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

shes perfect for the job but unfortunately while she is very, very stupid she isnt stupid enough to take a gig working for this white house

yer breakin my freakin heart randy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

pro tip: do not loan the CIA money

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lastgirl posted:

yer breakin my freakin heart randy

gratz on your win madam president

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Chokes McGee posted:

yet another self-own by conservative memes

they literally can't wrap their head around having empathy being good and cool can they

but they used a dirty word which is clearly worse than actually wishing legislating death upon people for not having enough money

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Democrats said a swear! That's not locker room talk like pussy grabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Democrats said a swear! That's not locker room talk like pussy grabbing.

• Locked thread