Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
There's really none of these switches other than Sami that I would say at face value 'this is better'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Shelton Benjamin probably figures in there somewhere now, right? Probably Raw so they can say that Angle brought him in?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWInsider is saying Owens, Zayn, Shining Stars, Enzo and Cass, and Jinder to Smackdown.

cancel the wwe

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWInsider is saying Owens, Zayn, Shining Stars, Enzo and Cass, and Jinder to Smackdown.

Alexa is more valuable than all those jobbers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Midnightghoul posted:

There's really none of these switches other than Sami that I would say at face value 'this is better'

I think Owens on SD has potential to be awesome. He'll be by far the top heel on that show now and he's got several solid feuds waiting for him with Orton, Nakamura, and Styles(assuming he continues in a face direction). When he and Owens wrestled a couple times on Raw they had some awesome contests so a potential feud is a great thing. Plus his ongoing stuff with Zayn. A change of shows will also help him wash away his lackluster Universal Champion run.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Owens, Styles, Zayn, Nakamura, Orton, and Harper can make a compelling case as the new Smackdown Six. Moving Enzo & Cass to the show where the DoDoubleG writes and has the book makes a tremendous amount of sense as well, hopefully with a Carmella reunion. It's also flexible enough at that tier below Randy/AJ that you can easily Corbin or others be elevated as well. Women's division will be exciting too, provided they keep Sasha and Charlotte away from each other for a few months-and Becky will finally have someone who can keep up in the ring with her.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I hope the Enzo/Cass/ and Carmella/Ellsworth segment is as good as it sounds in my head

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I hope Ellsworth will get to hang out like their dumber little brother or something

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

I hope Ellsworth will get to hang out like their dumber little brother or something

gdi I nearly wrote a thing where they called him 'Little Jimmy' but then I remembered that R-Truth did the thing first and he's on Raw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Shelton Benjamin probably figures in there somewhere now, right? Probably Raw so they can say that Angle brought him in?

He's not under contract

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

rovert posted:

He's not under contract

That's a bit of a kick in the teeth for him. Do they plan on bringing him on? What about NJPW?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Zayn to SmackDown? Hey, that might actually be a decent thing. God knows Raw's got nothing for him in the writing department.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Following the "Superstar Shakeup" this past week, plans for Raw's Women's division call for a major emphasis on Sasha Banks during the entire summer. Sportskeeda reports that Bayley will likely remain champion until then, but then she is expected to feud with "the Boss" over the title, likely building to a SummerSlam program between the two. This would place the two of them in the Barclays Center, the same building where the two of them had their acclaimed match for the NXT Women's Championship back in 2015 at the first NXT Takeover: Brooklyn show.

The plan calls for Sasha Banks to continue playing up the idea that she and Bayley are best friends, but obviously, she will eventually turn on her friend, leading to a rivalry between the two. For now though, Bayley is expected to being a program with Nia Jax, as well as Raw's newest addition the the women's division, Alexa Bliss. Sasha is also expected to begin a quick mini-feud with Emma and possibly Dana Brooke.

Bayley has been featured heavily on Raw ever since winning the championship from Charlotte. She ended Charlotte's undefeated pay-per-view match streak at Fast Lane, and retained the title in a four-way elimination match at Wrestlemania. Sasha has had the spotlight move away from her, meanwhile, but once she does go heel against Bayley, it may breath new life into her character and could lead to a memorable feud between the two women this summer in Brooklyn.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Could change by match time, but as of now: Don't count Jinder out in terms of winning tonight's main event

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Vince loves it when you give a guy a concussion

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Could change by match time, but as of now: Don't count Jinder out in terms of winning tonight's main event

lmao i just made a joking post about this in the WWE Discussion thread, good to see I may be spoiling people accidentally because the WWE is dumb as heck

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Jinder Mahal v Randy Orton is absolutely enough to make me turn off a ppv early

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yawn

i hope the crowd boo them just like they did when Alexa debuted.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

plot twist: it'll be Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal VERSUS SAMI ZAYN!

...please let it be that, just so this match is in some way not boring as gently caress. Heck, ideally just don't have Jinder in the match. Have Corbin in there, or something like that.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I support Jinder winning because I want Orton's championship reign to be a complete disaster so it can go on someone good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Given what JUST happened, ain't no way Orton is letting Mahal anywhere near him in a singles match. Vince can drool over the instagram stryations all he wants, but Randy's not letting this potato-ing fucker touch him.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope Jinder can knock the racism out of Randy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Corbin's going to lay them all out.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm on board for world champion mahal

winner winner chicken jinder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Randy Orton (c) defeats Jinder Mahal (0:06)

e: the main event of Backlash is probably going to be the US title match, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton or AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens? Not exactly the choice between Tanahashi/Nakamura and Okada/Naito, is it?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton or AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens? Not exactly the choice between Tanahashi/Nakamura and Okada/Naito, is it?

Yeah New Japan really misses out

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Randy vs. Jinder is going to be like those Triple H vs. Curtis Axel matches where Axel won because Trips got bored and wandered away mid-match.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Endless Mike posted:

Randy vs. Jinder is going to be like those Triple H vs. Curtis Axel matches where Axel won because Trips got bored and wandered away mid-match.

The one where he had a work heart attack?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

It'll be this but replace Trips with "the audience"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Forceholy posted:

The one where he had a work heart attack?

Worked concussion, which isn't much better.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The best part was the camera focusing entirely on Triple H's Oscar winning death scene while Curtis Axel (who ostensibly won the match) vanished into a black hole

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

curtis axel is bad and giving him even that non-win was too much

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

curtis axel is bad and giving him even that non-win was too much

hmmm no hes good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what the?!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yeah Curtis Axel is super good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This isn't confusing, he's solid in the ring, just has no discernable character. Lots of guys on the roster have that issue.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This isn't confusing, he's solid in the ring, just has no discernable character. Lots of guys on the roster have that issue.

he has had more character than others

1) chains are off
2) ready to ride
2.5) yee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also rybaxel was exceedingly good